2021-2022 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, mine just arrived as well, IS for what it's worth.

Does anybody know if there was any waitlist movement last year?

Reactions: 1 user
Did not receive an email from UHCOM, but on my UHCOM portal it says I have been selected to the waitlist...

Am I crazy, or should it have said Fall 2022?
I have heard of some programs that will accept you for the year after the application cycle (applied 2021-2022 admitted for 2023). I thought this was mostly only for last cycle due to COVID.

Members don't see this ad :)
does everyone that interviews and doesn't get in get added to the waitlist?
According to answers from others on this page, you will be notified that you're on the WL by portal or email. Check your spam folders too.
I don't think we can know or ask the school whether they add everyone to the WL.

Reactions: 1 users
According to answers from others on this page, you will be notified that you're on the WL by portal or email. Check your spam folders too.
I don't think we can know or ask the school whether thy add everyone to the WL.

As a current student, I can ask this and get back to y’all later this week lol

Reactions: 4 users
When does waitlist movement usually happen for TX schools? Is it around the end of April when applicants have to pick 1 spot to hold?

Last edited:
When does wailtist movement usually happen for TX schools? Is it around the end of April when applicants have to pick 1 spot to hold?
Yes, it usually starts up in April and gets more active in May.
After May 15th, TMDSAS school offers can only go out to those who have no other TMDSAS acceptances in their hands.

Does anybody know if there was any waitlist movement last year?
Yes I believe 2 (maybe 3) people were taken off the waitlist last year, but our class size was 30 instead of 60 so there might be a proportional increase this year!

Hey everyone, I hope you guys are doing well! Has anyone heard any updates about waitlist movement? Thanks!

Does any one know of UHCOM offers one-one advising for reapplicants?

Does anyone know if they’re accepting LOIs? I asked them last month, and they said it wasn’t “necessary at this time.” Does that mean I can send one in now?

Just received a call that I was being offered an A from the WL.

• Love
I just turned down my offer in favor of another program. Good luck to whoever gets the spot.

• Care
Congrats. This is the private DO school in San Antonio? Isnt it lot more expensive?
I know the answer to this :) It is fully twice as much money per year as any other public Texas medical school, including Baylor even. DO schools don't get as much government funding as the public schools do.

I know the answer to this :) It is fully twice as much money per year as any other public Texas medical school, including Baylor even. DO schools don't get as much government funding as the public schools do.
Some of what you say is right - the UIWSOM tuition is more than twice that of the subsidized schools.
But : UIWSOM is private, not public. TCOM is a public DO school, and does have the state subsidy, keeping its tuition low.
SHSU is a public DO school, which asked for state subsidy, but unfortunately the vote did not go their way. Their tuition is similar to UIWSOM.

Some of what you say is right - the UIWSOM tuition is more than twice that of the subsidized schools.
But : UIWSOM is private, not public. TCOM is a public DO school, and does have the state subsidy, keeping its tuition low.
SHSU is a public DO school, which asked for state subsidy, but unfortunately the vote did not go their way. Their tuition is similar to UIWSOM.
I was wondering why SHSU has such high tuition. Now I know!

UT Tyler is subsidized right?

Congrats. This is the private DO school in San Antonio? Isnt it lot more expensive?

Yes, UIWSOM is apx. 2.4 times the tuition. It was a very tough decision but there are a lot of other factors that even the scales. Without getting too personal, I am a non-traditional student, married with two kids, and am already living in the SA area. Staying here ultimately makes sense for us and offers familial support that we would not have in Houston. I am also pretty excited to learn OMM.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yes, UIWSOM is apx. 2.4 times the tuition. It was a very tough decision but there are a lot of other factors that even the scales. Without getting too personal, I am a non-traditional student, married with two kids, and am already living in the SA area. Staying here ultimately makes sense for us and offers familial support that we would not have in Houston. I am also pretty excited to learn OMM.
Thank you for the response so people understand how these decisions get made. Good luck!

Checking every Friday here, still no updates... hopefully some WL movement soon; I'm crossing my fingers for the big A. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if UH still accepts update letters? If they do, should we upload it to the portal or send it somewhere else?

Does anyone know if UH still accepts update letters? If they do, should we upload it to the portal or send it somewhere else?

The class of ‘26 is full. I don’t know the specific answer to this but it would be quite futile imo (current MS3)

The class of ‘26 is full. I don’t know the specific answer to this but it would be quite futile imo (current MS3)
Any specific source you can name? Any idea how many non-residents in the class?

Any specific source you can name? Any idea how many non-residents in the class?

To my knowledge there are 0 OOS. I don’t think this school will be OOS friendly…ever. It doesn’t align with their mission unless that applicant has very strong Texas ties

To my knowledge there are 0 OOS. I don’t think this school will be OOS friendly…ever. It doesn’t align with their mission unless that applicant has very strong Texas ties
@CaptainZeki do you know what the class size will be for EY2023? Has it stayed at 30 each year so far?

@CaptainZeki do you know what the class size will be for EY2023? Has it stayed at 30 each year so far?

From my knowledge, class of 2026 and 2027 are 60 students each. Starting 2028, it’ll be capped at 120. They are hiring a lot of new faculty for the growth.

When is the orientation date for MS1?