2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received last Friday, complete 8/3. So excited! Probably my top choice school.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my interview today, they said to expect a decision by the first week of November! :D

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing here Monday! Any advise from anyone who’s interviewed previously?

I am interviewing here Monday! Any advise from anyone who’s interviewed previously?
I just interviewed with them Tuesday and I felt it was very relaxed for an MMI. Its not a monologue style where the interviewers won't interact with you, they act follow-up questions and engage. just show you are able to analyze situations from multiple viewpoints/perspectives and you'll be fine

I heard that people who interviewed with them on 9/29 and 10/4 should be hearing back tomorrow, fingers crossed for you homies!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be shaken if they don't give you emotion. They'll try to engage with follow ups but (and they'll tell you this again in the pre-MMI debriefing) getting an emotional connection with your interviewers is not the point. There's also only 8 minutes to answer the main prompt and follow ups so there's not exactly time to ask your interviewers about Toledo so don't worry!

They also say to send collective thank you letters to the admissions office, they'll open them all up at the end of the admissions cycle and apparently the interviewers get a kick out of it

Does anyone know if status “your application is under review” is they are actively reviewing your application at that time (or have read it) or if it is just the way they notate complete? Is there a ”ready for review” prior to “under review”?

Does anyone know if status “your application is under review” is they are actively reviewing your application at that time (or have read it) or if it is just the way they notate complete? Is there a ”ready for review” prior to “under review”?
I think they are actively reviewing it and keeping it in their sights

Has anyone heard anything yet? Interviews?, acceptances? It’s been dead silence over here

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on past year's threads, this school moves a little slower than the rest. Just be patient, everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Based on past year's threads, this school moves a little slower than the rest. Just be patient, everyone.
Sad Meme GIF by Travis

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? Interviews?, acceptances? It’s been dead silence over here
Last year's thread was a nightmare, first II didn't go out until February because they were setting up their MMI program. I'm counting 5 people in this thread who got IIs. I interviewed on 10/8 and I'm supposed to hear back on a decision either late this week or early next week so I'm super stressed.

Anyone miss the post interview meet and greet yesterday? And any one know how they will let us know when the next one is

Last edited:
  • Haha
Are you referring to the one where the current students talk to the people who interviewed? I think they're having more of those at some point

Are you referring to the one where the current students talk to the people who interviewed? I think they're having more of those at some point
Yup that’s the one! Just worried that missing the one yesterday would look bad and if they would just send us update emails for when they plan more

Yup that’s the one! Just worried that missing the one yesterday would look bad and if they would just send us update emails for when they plan more
only 7/16 people from my interview day made it to the one 2 days after it, 6.5 if you count the fact I had tech issues and had to dip early lol don't worry about it

Will I be shooting myself in the leg if I call the admissions office today and ask them when they plan to release acceptances, or more interview invites?

Will I be shooting myself in the leg if I call the admissions office today and ask them when they plan to release acceptances, or more interview invites?
nah do it #yolo!!! and report back to us :D

• Haha
Congratulations !!! What dates are offered ? Complete date?
New dates are rolled out the 15th and 25th of every month. When I got my II the only dates available were for the 3 weeks after so I wouldn't worry too much about dates currently being offered, though that happened a while ago for me so I could be wrong. From what I understand though, it's not like other schools where you need to be worried about them being close to the end of offered dates.

Toledo seems to be really slow, people who interviewed on 9/29 and 10/4 are supposed to hear back about decisions anywhere from 10/15 to either today or tomorrow. I interviewed 10/8 and was told I would hear back by either today, tomorrow, or first week of November at the latest. News is scheduled to come! I wouldn't worry too much for the moment :)

New dates are rolled out the 15th and 25th of every month. When I got my II the only dates available were for the 3 weeks after so I wouldn't worry too much about dates currently being offered, though that happened a while ago for me so I could be wrong. From what I understand though, it's not like other schools where you need to be worried about them being close to the end of offered dates.
Thank you. The wait is killing me. I don’t work or do anything so I keep refreshing my email every second like a psycho. I need to lay off sdn😂

• Care
Congratulations !!! What dates are offered ? Complete date?
There's a couple before and after thanksgiving!!

I'm sorry but I don't share my stats. They are above the averages though but not by much.

So did I read that right... we have a 2 hour MMI session?!

So did I read that right... we have a 2 hour MMI session?!
Yeah it's two hours but I genuinely thought I didn't have enough time, I had so much fun during my MMI. It's a 10 minute response, 5 minute break, 8 times. They'll tell you this during your interview as well, but of that 10 minutes, it's actually supposed to be 8. They give an extra 2 minutes in case you have tech issues since they had to move their MMI online. If you don't have tech issues, you can use the extra 2 minutes to talk or get an extension on your break!

Yeah it's two hours but I genuinely thought I didn't have enough time, I had so much fun during my MMI. It's a 10 minute response, 5 minute break, 8 times. They'll tell you this during your interview as well, but of that 10 minutes, it's actually supposed to be 8. They give an extra 2 minutes in case you have tech issues since they had to move their MMI online. If you don't have tech issues, you can use the extra 2 minutes to talk or get an extension on your break!
awesome this is helpful !

Tried emailing UToledo to ask about the status of the interview results, got an automated response (they will respond manually within two business days apparently tho) with an FAQ that says:

"If you are seeking information about the status of your application, you may find your current status in the application portal. Interview invitations are extended via email on a rolling basis form September through late March or early April. Once you have completed your interview, you will be notified about your admissions decision generally 4-7 weeks following your interview."

I guess interviewees wait a little longer to hear back then :/

Tried emailing UToledo to ask about the status of the interview results, got an automated response (they will respond manually within two business days apparently tho) with an FAQ that says:

"If you are seeking information about the status of your application, you may find your current status in the application portal. Interview invitations are extended via email on a rolling basis form September through late March or early April. Once you have completed your interview, you will be notified about your admissions decision generally 4-7 weeks following your interview."

I guess interviewees wait a little longer to hear back then :/
They will respond a little later. They told me the end of the this week

« We expect more decisions by the end of next week » that was last Friday

Got my response from Dr. Perry:

"Greetings, (Conics98).

All admissions decisions have been delayed. Our next round of decisions will be in approximately two weeks. I do apologize for the stress this delay is causing!

Take care!"

At least it's something!

Got my response from Dr. Perry:

"Greetings, (Conics98).

All admissions decisions have been delayed. Our next round of decisions will be in approximately two weeks. I do apologize for the stress this delay is causing!

Take care!"

At least it's something!
Oh wow!!! That’s a bummer