2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good afternoon! has anyone heard if EnMed interviews have begun? I kinda skimmed the thread but didn't see too much regarding it.

Members don't see this ad.

Good afternoon! has anyone heard if EnMed interviews have begun? I kinda skimmed the thread but didn't see too much regarding it.
Yes, you should be able to see discussions about them, specifically saying they are in person on mondays in houston.

Funny I asked today,

II received 4:17 CST, EnMed to follow based on the email sent to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So have only EnMed and MD/PhD students received invites so far?
I'm not 100% sure, but I was at the EnMed interview on 8/23 and they said it was the first EnMed interview of the interview season. Earlier on in this thread someone mentioned an interview with the college of medicine the week prior to that. So my guess is that there have been at least a couple weeks of interviews that were just for the MD track.

Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to show up on TMDSAS to rank them?

Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to show up on TMDSAS to rank them?
The school staff has to enter the names of interviewed people manually on their side of the TMDSAS portal, so it will depend on how they plan that task. Your rank order is due in February so give it some time.

Just got the II for TAMU EnMed. Super nervous since it's my first interview, any tips to prep?

When does tamu begin to send acceptances?
October 15 (like all tmdsas schools). If you're in-state then you can prematch until late January but otherwise you'll have to wait until match day in March. If you're OOS then the match doesn't apply to you

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait till October is going to be brutal

Howdy! I am also a current TAMU COM student and would be happy to answer any questions y'all may have! Feel free to PM me or mention me in a post and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

This is a great place to be and I hope to see some of y'all at the socials! For you awesome people waiting on interviews--don't fret! It's still early in the cycle and there's plenty of time.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey! I am applying to the ENMED program and it is the only texas school I'm applying to so I just used AMCAS (which is allowed since it is a dual degree program). My primary was processed on 7/21 and it still says application pending on my secondary portal. I emailed the admissions office but they just sent me the rote response that it can take awhile for the application to get processed. I'm just getting pretty worried because I did not use TMDSAS and I don't understand how they could find my application/MCAT score. Can someone who applied to ENMED or some other dual-degree program through AMCAS verify that they do eventually get your application?

Hey! I am applying to the ENMED program and it is the only texas school I'm applying to so I just used AMCAS (which is allowed since it is a dual degree program). My primary was processed on 7/21 and it still says application pending on my secondary portal. I emailed the admissions office but they just sent me the rote response that it can take awhile for the application to get processed. I'm just getting pretty worried because I did not use TMDSAS and I don't understand how they could find my application/MCAT score. Can someone who applied to ENMED or some other dual-degree program through AMCAS verify that they do eventually get your application?
Another person applied just to EnMed, using AMCAS, and commented about it here: #65
When using AMCAS, your MCAT score gets sent automatically.

Another person applied just to EnMed, using AMCAS, and commented about it here: #65
When using AMCAS, your MCAT score gets sent automatically.
Thanks, I didn't see that earlier. Guess it's just a waiting game still!

Does anyone know if we can get the R from TAMU or ENMED prior to Oct. 15?

Does anyone know if we can get the R from TAMU or ENMED prior to Oct. 15?
I am not sure they reject anyone before the secondary application deadline in Texas.

I must not be able to find the real supplemental. The one I found has a bunch of questions where you pick the answer like “my educational background is…” and then the next page has animal experience area where you enter hours for each species you’ve worked with.
Did I not find the right one?

I must not be able to find the real supplemental. The one I found has a bunch of questions where you pick the answer like “my educational background is…” and then the next page has animal experience area where you enter hours for each species you’ve worked with.
Did I not find the right one?
We listed the questions in the first post of this thread. It sounds like you hit the veterinary school page by mistake!

I know some of you on this page have had your interviews already -
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?

If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc

As far as the current classes know: Dallas, Houston, Round Rock, and BCS. But they may still be working on setting up other sites.
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
At least 26. Likely more than 30 - 40. (I don't have numbers on deferred acceptances from the WL but do have an indication on how many students were accepted on Match Day that decided to defer for a Master's.)

Last edited:
I know some of you on this page have had your interviews already -
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?

If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc
1. I thought it was 175 or 200 including 50 EnMed.
2. I didn't have the gut to ask this lol
3. There are Bryan College Station, Temple(closing down soon), Dallas, Houston(TMC for EnMed and Willowbrook for regular MD), Round Rock campuses.

1. I thought it was 175 or 200 including 50 EnMed.
2. I didn't have the gut to ask this lol
3. There are Bryan College Station, Temple(closing down soon), Dallas, Houston(TMC for EnMed and Willowbrook for regular MD), Round Rock campuses.
Thanks @JoonJK and I hear ya on question #2!

Anyone who has interviews , has A&M shown up in your TMDSAS rank list? A school I interviewed with later has but not A&M

How does A&M usually evaluate the different components of the interview (the one-on-ones and the SPE)?

How does A&M usually evaluate the different components of the interview (the one-on-ones and the SPE)?
I don't think they share that degree of detail with us :)
Each part of your day will be looked at and discussed by the admissions committee at some point after your interview.

Hi guys, for the pre-interview social tomorrow, does anyone know what the dress code is?

Anyone who has interviews , has A&M shown up in your TMDSAS rank list? A school I interviewed with later has but not A&M
I interviewed at the end of August and they still have not popped up for me.

Reactions: 1 users
II today! IS complete early June

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II today! Submitted secondary late July

My first II! Complete 8/23, ENMED program submitted through AMCAS. 518/3.77. Didn't expect an in-person interview!

II received on the 28th! LM 68, IS, reapplicant.

II received earlier today! Complete in mid-to-late June.