2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any chance of us hearing back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? how many applicants does stanford accept in order to matriculate a class of 90?

anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? how many applicants does stanford accept in order to matriculate a class of 90?
I believe the tracker from last year said 150 but unsure how variable this is year to year..

Reactions: 1 user
I feel so close yet so far from getting an A from Stanford Med. 33% seems okay, but I can only imagine the amazing people that are in the interviewee pool. I feel so unworthy within the pool.

After watching the preinterview videos, I was especially drawn to the financial aid and the immense flexibility of the curriculum. Now, it’s my first choice. 😞

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel so close yet so far from getting an A from Stanford Med. 33% seems okay, but I can only imagine the amazing people that are in the interviewee pool. I feel so unworthy within the pool.

After watching the preinterview videos, I was especially drawn to the financial aid and the immense flexibility of the curriculum. Now, it’s my first choice. 😞
Honestly feel the same way. Literally refreshing my e-mail constantly, it's my dream school

what's their number, I will call them myself:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
me rn:
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.08.46 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
I guess Stanford's only accepting one person this year let's pack it up everyone

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call as well. Shocked, in disbelief, all of the above. A!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the call as well. Shocked, in disbelief, all of the above. A!
Lol. I’m so jealous. I’m praying (atheistically) that I’ll be privileged enough to be called about something this amazing after my interview next month.

Stanny please. Let me call Palo Alto home for the next 4-6 years.

• Dislike
Does advancing in the KH process (either video or finalist) have any impact on admissions or are they basically separate processes?

Does advancing in the KH process (either video or finalist) have any impact on admissions or are they basically separate processes?
the finalists are being notified end of the month, I think? so I feel like they wouldn't choose finalists who they know are not being admitted to med school since decisions have started going out now. Just a hypothesis don't know if it's evidence-backed lol

To calm neuroticism that others might be feeling (and my own), I looked into past years’ threads. It seems that Stanford does not send As on one day but rather spread out over a couple days. Possibly even some more tomorrow morning.

Just got the call! my first A. I'm so excited and beyond thankful

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Received the call around 10 AM PST on 01/20!

Super excited for this acceptance!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!

For anyone else freaking out, looking at past threads it looks like they release As over the course of a few weeks. It's not over until it's over!

Also received the A call yesterday evening! Still in shock. Stanford is my dream school.

Don't quote me on this but I think they go chronological. Like last year their Zoom invite was October/November interviewees only I think

if that’s the case then as an October interviewee Im not feeling great at all
P sure they pick from all dates for calls. And regardless, someone before said they do multiple days of calls so I wouldn't count myself out. Who knows, maybe today or next week or whenever they next do calls, it could be you or I!

For the people who got As, I'm curious how you thought your interview went. I know MMI interviewers don't really give you a ton of reaction so just wondering if you thought you did really well, averaged, bombed, something in between?

Also are any of the As currently still in the KH process? Did you even apply to KH?

Reactions: 4 users
Stanford released their new music video

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For the people who got As, I'm curious how you thought your interview went. I know MMI interviewers don't really give you a ton of reaction so just wondering if you thought you did really well, averaged, bombed, something in between?

Also are any of the As currently still in the KH process? Did you even apply to KH?
I thought my MMI went terrible not gonna lie; I applied to KH but didnt get a video invite so I am p sure im out of the running!

For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha