2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they supposed to be releasing post-ii R and waitlist decisions this month too, or is there no timeframe for that?

Members don't see this ad.

For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha
Congrats!! When did you interview? (Sorry, have no info regarding your question though)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, when will they be sending out emails +zoom invites? I was too shocked when I got the A call to listen to anything that followed oops haha
Same here! I’m starting to wonder if I imagined the call lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I believe my caller said 3-5 business days for the email but other than that I forgot what they said!

Based on what I'm seeing, they've only sent out A calls last Thursday right? Hoping for more waves of A's soon 🤞

Interviewed on 12/3. Haven’t heard anything, either. Seems like Thursday/Friday became common days for calls last year. But who knows… a lot of those small timing details change over the years with Stanford, it seems.

Reactions: 1 user
If we did not get a video request then we are likely to have a rejection from KH tomorrow right?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think that it's the only possibility tbh
Guess we’ll have to achieve our global leadership and innovator goals on our own, kings, queens, and sovereigns 🙏👏🤲

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if being rejected from KH has any implications on post-interview decision? I know they say they're separate processes but I assume being a KH finalist is a good sign

Rejected from KH after video invite :) let's hope the MD admissions outcome is better lol

Does anyone know if being rejected from KH has any implications on post-interview decision? I know they say they're separate processes but I assume being a KH finalist is a good sign
Finalist in KH indicates that they consulted with the graduate school (ie medical school) and received a go-ahead. So I would say getting the video invite is a sign that post-interview prospects are going well

I think video invitation also depends a bit on the timeline. Like say you interviewed in December and January, then they may have decided to extend a video invite before knowing the outcome of your interview. Just my thoughts, but hoping for you all its a good sign. I think there are probably a lot of nuances with video invites. Finalist though is pretty good indicator I think

Just out of my own curiousity, anyone know how many med applicants apply to KH? They get like 3k-4k total apps. I guess the other interesting question is how many med school applicants who receive an interview apply to KH? I'm guessing it's probably a good proportion of interviewees apply to KH

Just out of my own curiousity, anyone know how many med applicants apply to KH? They get like 3k-4k total apps. I guess the other interesting question is how many med school applicants who receive an interview apply to KH? I'm guessing it's probably a good proportion of interviewees apply to KH
It looks like there are an average of 6 medical students per cohort of ~75. So a little back of the envelope math 6/75 = x/4000 yields 320 KH applicants? That sounds right honestly.

I think video invitation also depends a bit on the timeline. Like say you interviewed in December and January, then they may have decided to extend a video invite before knowing the outcome of your interview. Just my thoughts, but hoping for you all its a good sign. I think there are probably a lot of nuances with video invites. Finalist though is pretty good indicator I think
I agree with you. I didn't get a finalist invitation either. I figured getting it is a good sign but didn't know if not getting in is necessarily a sign of the opposite or if the outcome may still be undecided.
It looks like there are an average of 6 medical students per cohort of ~75. So a little back of the envelope math 6/75 = x/4000 yields 320 KH applicants? That sounds right honestly.
The rejection letter had some FAQs below and said that there were 80 applicants for 1 seat. So I would assume that's more like 6400 applicants assuming approx 80 scholars. I'm not sure if the # of med students they eventually select as scholars is necessarily proportional to the number that applied but then that estimate increases to 512 or so med applicants to KH.

I'm being neurotic but Stanford is the dream so hard not to overanalyze.

I guess they also reject people because the graduate program wasn't planning on admission so that of course is another potential factor which I guess only adds further anxiety

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Current 4th year (of 6) here and happy to answer any questions via PM. Best of luck!

• Love
With decisions being probable today and tomorrow, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else still anxiously waiting for a possible call?

Reactions: 4 users
This waiting is hard. If anyone from December interview date heard back, would like to know.

Any fellow MSTP applicants out there who know when we might be hearing back?

Ngl, I’m kinda happy they didn’t release more decisions today since I’m interviewing next week and I was starting to feel like I was interviewing for the waitlist.

Ngl, I’m kinda happy they didn’t release more decisions today since I’m interviewing next week and I was starting to feel like I was interviewing for the waitlist.
I dont think they do that and besides only like 2-3 people reported acceptances. Here's praying for us Jan/ Feb interview folks lol

Does anyone know if we could have like a Notes tab/Google Docs open during the Kira interview section? Would they be able to tell that you are off screen?

For the MMI, I know there are 10 stations but I couldn't find how long each station is - would anyone mind sharing? If it breaks the confidentiality agreement I'm so sorry for asking but I figured I'd check just in case. Thanks!!

Old user here, just stalking these threads since I have a peer who interviewed at Stanford and waiting to find out like ya'll. Hopefully this will be useful, and put some people at ease: I matriculated into the mstp almost a decade ago, was one of the last if not last interviewees (interviewed in March if I recall). As long as Stanford is still interviewing, you still have a shot. It's not a pure rolling basis. Unless everything completely changed in the last few years, I wouldn't overweight the timing of interviewing factor. Enjoy the ride and best of fortune to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
First-time poster here, but I interviewed in September and got an acceptance email this week. I didn't get a call because I changed my phone number and hadn't updated my contact info on AMCAS.

For people who got a call, was there any important information given? (Online portal has updated but wasn't sure if there was anything not included there.) Thanks!

First-time poster here, but I interviewed in September and got an acceptance email this week. I didn't get a call because I changed my phone number and hadn't updated my contact info on AMCAS.

For people who got a call, was there any important information given? (Online portal has updated but wasn't sure if there was anything not included there.) Thanks!
What date did you get your A?

So far I think there have been around 7-8 A's reported on this thread ranging from Sep - Nov interviewees. Not sure how that translates to total A's so far but potentially an appreciable amount to date

So far I think there have been around 7-8 A's reported on this thread ranging from Sep - Nov interviewees. Not sure how that translates to total A's so far but potentially an appreciable amount to date
Yeah, I interviewed mid-November, has anyone received an A who interviewed around that time?

Yeah, I interviewed mid-November, has anyone received an A who interviewed around that time?
I interviewed mid-November as well and haven't heard back if that's any reassurance! Hopefully we both hear some good news soon...anybody else in the same boat?

• Care