2021-2022 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Updates to an application will be accepted only after an applicant has been invited to interview. Interview decisions are made based on information submitted in the AMCAS application, Stanford Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation."

source: How to Apply

If you've interviewed, maybe just send it to the person you interviewed with? Good luck!
Ahhh okay. I meant pre-II update because it's been a while since I heard back but thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Does Stanford send pre-II R's? I submitted in early September and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping the silence can turn into an II

Does Stanford send pre-II R's? I submitted in early September and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping the silence can turn into an II
i submitted in july and haven't heard anything :0...and yes they do--there was a big wave of pre-ii R's a couple weeks ago

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything happening here?? it has been so silent

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an MD II. Complete 10/21.
I may only have a LM of 69, but yall are making me want to keep checking my spam folder at 10:30 on a sunday evening

• Haha
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Also in case anyone is wondering, they're scheduling interviews into February now!

I would assume that stats aren’t everything. My LM is a 73. This is only my second II since I applied so late everywhere.
I've also only had 2 IIs so far, but plenty of Rs as you can see

Somewhat random but related story: my school is currently on break, but I'm on campus working on my senior thesis. Very few people are still here, most are fellow athletes who are in season--one of whom I was really looking forward to hanging out with. On the day I travel back to campus, they let me know that (despite being fully vaccinated and careful), they tested positive and now are in isolation. Since my college releases testing stats, I joked that I had a better chance of getting into stanford medicine than they did to be the only positive case out of 400 tests conducted that day. Then, after 4 years of owning my car and not getting a single scratch in it, the amazon delivery guy hit it while it was parked in my apartment's lot.

@stanford please send me an interview invite, the world has already played with my luck enough this week

MD II yesterday. OOS, Complete ~9/10, LM 72, WARS 88, they were scheduling in Feb.

Complete 7/16 and still nothing… :( is it an R at this point?
Complete 7/24 too... Time to play the violins and go down with the ship

Night Friday GIF

Any Knight Hennessy applicants still holding on to any last vestiges of hope?

Reactions: 2 users
I hate to say this since I’m not stalking you. But we’re interview twins. We both had DGSOM and Stanford. And we both also had one interviewer at DGSOM that wasn’t very good.
hahaha omg great eye!😂 Hoping for some good news for both of us!

when u survive the R wave from last month but miss out on the II wave just now :')

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I really feel this rip hopefully there's another one
Im going to pray for all of us, truly. Dear God, if you’re reading this, PLEASE HAVE STANFORD SEND ANOTHER WAVE OF IIs AND SEND US ALL SUFFERING FROM SILENCE AN II.

Im going to pray for all of us, truly. Dear God, if you’re reading this, PLEASE HAVE STANFORD SEND ANOTHER WAVE OF IIs AND SEND US ALL SUFFERING FROM SILENCE AN II.
Realistically, how many more can there be though if they release March and are scheduling Feb right now?

Any Knight Hennessy applicants still holding on to any last vestiges of hope?
in a past life, I applied KH (no interview) and received a stanford II in mid December (later than today) for January interview date

in a past life, I applied KH (no interview) and received a stanford II in mid December (later than today) for January interview date
This tells me Stanford thought you were worthy and they were waiting on KH’s input before telling you their decision

This tells me Stanford thought you were worthy and they were waiting on KH’s input before telling you their decision
probably but who knows. I had applied MSTP, who are infamously quick to reject to the MD-only pool, and didn't get moved over to that pool until mid-late October. so that could've also played a factor

probably but who knows. I had applied MSTP, who are infamously quick to reject to the MD-only pool, and didn't get moved over to that pool until mid-late October. so that could've also played a factor
I am also that boat. I have confidence now lol Stanford MD only would still be hard to pass up even for MD/PhD (given berg etc). Thanks for sharing your experience!

II, ironically
Oh, are you saying you are also a current applicant? If you don't mind my asking, how does one be a Stanford II quality applicant - and still maintain Stanford quality applicant.... - and become a reapplicant? Feel free to PM if you don't want to share publicly or ignore if this is a rude question.

First II of the season yesterday.. still in disbelief. Complete 3 months ago.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I just got an MD II. Complete 10/21.
This is insane! Congrats to you. I was complete on this date so I am holding onto faith. A friend told me that there is a slightly different process for people who marked disadvantaged on their application which takes a little longer to review. If you don't mind me asking, did you mark disadvantage on your app? Feel free to PM me. I totally understand if you don't want to answer. I am still learning this sight so please forgive me if there was a better way to ask.

does anyone know whether interviewing late puts you at a disadvantage here? only available date was in feb

does anyone know whether interviewing late puts you at a disadvantage here? only available date was in feb
Also worried about this... I checked last year's thread and it doesn't really seem that they even interviewed into Feb? And the biggest decision wave seemed to be in January but I guess all we can do is give it our best

Also worried about this... I checked last year's thread and it doesn't really seem that they even interviewed into Feb? And the biggest decision wave seemed to be in January but I guess all we can do is give it our best

• Care
Hi, I'm a first-year here and figured it might be helpful for people to know that I didn't hear back until an II all the way in January, and that as far as I know there were one or two February interview dates last year. So there is definitely still a lot of time to hear back, and I wouldn't count yourself out unless you actually get an R. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 9 users
Hi, I'm a first-year here and figured it might be helpful for people to know that I didn't hear back until an II all the way in January, and that as far as I know there were one or two February interview dates last year. Best of luck to you all!
thank you, this is inspiring

• Love
MD II just now! Complete 7/25. In shock…only dates available were first two weeks of Feb.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody with an II take advantage of the "Optional: If you wish to be connected with a particular faculty or department, please email..." at the bottom of the interview confirmation

Seems odd for a non-MSTP pathway to offer that option at the interview stage.

Last edited: