2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance today! Interviewed 02/16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those of you who recently got their acceptances today!!!

If y’all don’t mind sharing, when were you complete and/or what was your MCAT range?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m praying they send out more interviews 🙏🏻

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)

If y’all don’t mind sharing, when were you complete and/or what was your MCAT range?
in all honesty I had a sub 500 mcat score but still close to 500 and got an interview invite and I retook the mcat and improved and still got accepted a couple weeks after my score came out haha. they weren't aware i had any plans of taking it. i also had a 3.8 gpa/3.7 scgpa but yeah anything can happen don’t lose hope!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a reapplicant who applied with a sub 500. No news yet :(

Complete 9/17. URM super non-traditional with strong lengthy clinical experience 3.6 cGPA 3.5 sGPA. Sub 500 MCAT.

Complete 11/7, interview 2/11, A on 2/23, MCAT 501, SMP/GPA 3.37. My Drexel SMP program used to be linked to PCOM. I’m technically OOS but I have a ton of volunteer, research and clinical hours in PA and NJ.

Complete 9/17. URM super non-traditional with strong lengthy clinical experience 3.6 cGPA 3.5 sGPA. Sub 500 MCAT.
oh that gives me hope that you were complete relatively earlier than later. I was complete a month after you as an URM with similar stats. I’ve seen those with later dates of completion get a II, which was stressing me a lot, but it doesn’t necessarily seem like they have submitted interview invites in order of completion. So congrats and thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Okay so I’m actually in the same MCAT boat but just submitted a bit earlier than you. Good to know someone else is getting in after waiting for super long.

Are you also from Philly or naw?
I'm from Long Island, NY and yeah I was surprised when they sent me an II in February when my app was complete in September

Members don't see this ad :)
in all honesty I had a sub 500 mcat score but still close to 500 and got an interview invite and I retook the mcat and improved and still got accepted a couple weeks after my score came out haha. they weren't aware i had any plans of taking it. i also had a 3.8 gpa/3.7 scgpa but yeah anything can happen don’t lose hope!!
Oh man the determination and the backstabbing😂😂.

Complete 11/7, interview 2/11, A on 2/23, MCAT 501, SMP/GPA 3.37. My Drexel SMP program used to be linked to PCOM. I’m technically OOS but I have a ton of volunteer, research and clinical hours in PA and NJ.
Used to be linked? Is it no longer linked or…?

I'm from Long Island, NY and yeah I was surprised when they sent me an II in February when my app was complete in September
Hell of a wait time, that’s for sure.

It looks like a huge chunk of the early applicants are being screened now. This definitely confirms my suspicion that a good chunk of us were the “meh” students in the 1st batch but are being revisited in the 2nd/3rd/Xth batch.

Was there anyone interviewed and accepted who did not have a DO letter.

Used to be linked? Is it no longer linked or…?
My specific major, IHS, in Drexel's PMPH programs was not linked this year. I think the last official year it was linked was for the 2020-2021 cycle. But they still recognized my program. A good portion of my classmates in all the PMPH programs get accepted and matriculate into PCOM.

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone do an SMP not at Drexel and get an II? I have seen Drexel SMP students post with similar stats as my own, however I did mine at Rutgers. Hoping it holds some weight

My specific major, IHS, in Drexel's PMPH programs was not linked this year. I think the last official year it was linked was for the 2020-2021 cycle. But they still recognized my program. A good portion of my classmates in all the PMPH programs get accepted and matriculate into PCOM.
Interesting.

Did not know there were linkages through Drexel other than the specific one to Drexel’s med school.

The more you know ⭐️

Are you also from the Philly area?

did anyone do an SMP not at Drexel and get an II? I have seen Drexel SMP students post with similar stats as my own, however I did mine at Rutgers. Hoping it holds some weight
A lot of students in the SMP at PCOM (PCOM BMS) have gotten II's. I don't know how much weight the Rutgers SMP has, but if you did well; hopefully they reward you with a II. Kind of curious, but does Rutgers SMP offer any linkages to med schools?

A lot of students in the SMP at PCOM (PCOM BMS) have gotten II's. I don't know how much weight the Rutgers SMP has, but if you did well; hopefully they reward you with a II. Kind of curious, but does Rutgers SMP offer any linkages to med schools?
I hope so too. The program I did offers you an interview at NJMS if you get a 3.6 cgpa after 20 credits and I believe at least a 508 with 127 for each section

Last edited:
Just checked my portal and noticed my assigned counselor is gone…anyone else see the same thing?

Just checked my portal and noticed my assigned counselor is gone…anyone else see the same thing?
I'm still waiting to hear back since being complete so no interview or anything (just for context) and I don't see a counselor there anymore either.

I'm still waiting to hear back since being complete so no interview or anything (just for context) and I don't see a counselor there anymore either.
Ok thanks for checking. I’m also in the same boat, no interview yet either.

I did! I had two from MDs, one from my boss and three from professors
I did! I had two from MDs, one from my boss and three from professors

I applied multiple years ago. I got > 510-515. For that time, I know for a fact that was top 10 for acceptance.. IDK what the percentiles are now. Some of my classmades scores where less with lowest being 502. Note, I didn't know everyone that well at school, and there is likely a lower score who got scored.
If you don't have a D.O. letter, it is okay. Have you met a DO before? If so, you should bring it up during the interview. Mention your preference for treating the entire patient. Mention how you knew wanted to DO and not MD when you saw the time/effort that DOs spent with patients. Talk about how too many people are given medical when other methods would have been just as good
9exercise, streching).

Last edited:
It’s interesting you said that because I got that “change” just as I contacted PCOM with an app update via email. It probably means we are in the review pile.

It’s interesting you said that because I got that “change” just as I contacted PCOM with an app update via email. It probably means we are in the review pile.
I sure hope so. Anyone who has been interviewed/accepted already still have an admissions counselor on their portal?

Where did you all see the admissions counselor in the portal? I think I might not have noticed it before? I do not see anything now

Where did you all see the admissions counselor in the portal? I think I might not have noticed it before? I do not see anything now
Had to be at the start of the app season. Then I think around late February, it disappeared.

Judging from last year, there should be a couple more rounds of interviews sent out (one round was sent last year on this date but that probably means nothing in the grandest of schemes). Early April a think another session or two trickle in and we should hear back if we got an A or R.

Reactions: 1 users
Had to be at the start of the app season. Then I think around late February, it disappeared.

Judging from last year, there should be a couple more rounds of interviews sent out (one round was sent last year on this date but that probably means nothing in the grandest of schemes). Early April a think another session or two trickle in and we should hear back if we got an A or R.
Did you also upload the update letter through the portal? I just uploaded one, also don't have an admissions counselor.

Hey everyone! Does anyone have any insight on PCOM vs OU-HCOM? I was accepted to the Cleveland campus of OU and I've been trying to make my decision. I am an Ohio resident so it would be cheaper to go to OU and I would be closer to my family. I just wonder if PCOM has more research opportunities etc.

I sure hope so. Anyone who has been interviewed/accepted already still have an admissions counselor on their portal?
I'm an accepted student and I do not see the counselor section on my portal. I don't think it means anything important.

Interesting.

Did not know there were linkages through Drexel other than the specific one to Drexel’s med school.

The more you know ⭐️

Are you also from the Philly area?
I'm an NJ resident but I've lived in Montogomery County, PA since I matriculated at Drexel. NJ and PA have pretty relaxed and reciprocal residency laws, but I applied as an OOS. There are 4 PMPH SMP programs, one of them is the Drexel Pathway to Medical for DUCOM. The other 3, IHS, MBS, and MMS have linkages to Other medical schools and Drexel but it's a guaranteed interview not a guaranteed acceptance like the pathway program and the linkages differ per program. Like I think the MBS program is linked to Touro-NY and the MMS is linked to Rutgers.

I have an interview coming up this friday! Can anyone speak to the structure of the day a little? I've seen mixed things about it being a 1 on 1 vs. panel type interview, and since it's a 4 hr time slot im assuming there are panels and stuff first?

I have an interview coming up this friday! Can anyone speak to the structure of the day a little? I've seen mixed things about it being a 1 on 1 vs. panel type interview, and since it's a 4 hr time slot im assuming there are panels and stuff first?
From what I understand it’s an hour welcome/info session and then our interview. Once your personal interview is done the day is over.

For those of you who have gotten II, do you remember what time of the day you guys got them, in the morning, afternoon? lol im sure it varies, just feeling pretty anxious, constantly checking my email

For those of you who have gotten II, do you remember what time of the day you guys got them, in the morning, afternoon? lol im sure it varies, just feeling pretty anxious, constantly checking my email
Morning!