2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I noticed that my LOR statuses have not changed since 12/2 under the PA campus tab, but it has changed daily for South GA campus. Being an optimistic person, is it possible PA has put me on an invisible hold? Somebody please debunk this so I can release this false hope from my mind!
I think this is happening to everyone. Its probably a bug in their system. I just had my interview with the Philly campus yesterday and my LORs say December but I submitted in October. My GA and South GA dates just change to the current date everyday.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is happening to everyone. Its probably a bug in their system. I just had my interview with the Philly campus yesterday and my LORs say December but I submitted in October. My GA and South GA dates just change to the current date everyday.
Ah ok, was this already discussed in previous threads? I must've missed them. Thanks, glad to hear I'm not the only one 😮‍💨

anyone else interview on 1/13 and still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an that my app was incomplete, but my portal says they've received my LORs and MCAT scores, and I also received confirmation for the payment. Does anyone know what else is missing?

Reactions: 1 user
I received an that my app was incomplete, but my portal says they've received my LORs and MCAT scores, and I also received confirmation for the payment. Does anyone know what else is missing?
I just got the same email and I am very confused.

I just got the same email and I am very confused.
Just curious - did you submit 3 separate letters or a packet that contained multiple individual letters? Wondering if that is the issue

Just curious - did you submit 3 separate letters or a packet that contained multiple individual letters? Wondering if that is the issue
I submitted a packet with my three letters + committee letter, maybe that is the issue but I sure wish they would have told us sooner if that's the case :(

I submitted a packet with my three letters + committee letter, maybe that is the issue but I sure wish they would have told us sooner if that's the case :(
Same. They said on their website that the combined packet wasn't 'preferred' but was still accepted. I reached out to them about this, will share updates. Feeling kinda disappointed ngl

Same. They said on their website that the combined packet wasn't 'preferred' but was still accepted. I reached out to them about this, will share updates. Feeling kinda disappointed ngl
They emailed me back saying it was a mistake and my app is complete, I assume I'll get the official R next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
They emailed me back saying it was a mistake and my app is complete, I assume I'll get the official R next week.
Got the same reply. I wonder if they actually reviewed our apps lol

Does PCOM interview people with sub 500 MCAT scores?
Just my opinion, but it is possible. BUT you most likely have to have one or more of the following:

-URM
-Non-traditional
-Military
-Legacy
-Biomed program

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but it is possible. BUT you most likely have to have or or more of the following:

-URM
-Non-traditional
-Military
-Legacy
-Biomed program
I am non trad...

What do you mean by Legacy and Biomed program?
They have a biomed masters program where you can get a linkage into the DO school
Legacy is like family members went there or go there. I’ve seen someone with a below 500 get in and her brother went there for medical school years prior.

I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary in August.... anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 11 users
Is it generally the case that if I haven't heard back within the 4-6 week mark, and people who interviewed after me have heard back, that I am either waitlisted or rejected? :unsure:

Is it generally the case that if I haven't heard back within the 4-6 week mark, and people who interviewed after me have heard back, that I am either waitlisted or rejected? :unsure:
No! I didn’t hear back until 8 weeks post interview with an A!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!! :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Hi yall .. I was trying to find the accepted student group-me/fb page but can't seem to find it. Can anyone pls link it?

I heard from someone at PCOM that they’re delayed in interviews this year and their May would be like a typical March in any other year as far as lateness in sending out interviews.

Anyone else here apply earlier than September to PCOM and still waiting? Is PCOM known to give silent rejections?

Reactions: 7 users
MCAT 501, I did an SMP at DrexelCOM with a graduate cGPA and sGPA of 3.37. Lots of Philly-based community service and lots of clinical hours and community service in general. I also had research.

Can anyone that has been accepted confirm if there is a pre-matriculation drug test? When are immunizations/background check due?

Does anyone know if decisions come out the same day for those in the same Interview session?

Does anyone know if decisions come out the same day for those in the same Interview session?
mostly no. I got my decision 1.5 weeks after my interview. there are some people who interviewed the same as me who got their decision after me. There's also comments on here where people waited a full 6 weeks for a post-II interview.

Received an II this morning! Would have loved to have gotten it earlier in the cycle. Will be declining. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know what the Post II A rate is at PCOM for OOS?