2021-2022 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know the post II acceptance rate? I didn't see this school on the excel sheets via reddit
Well idk how sound my logic is, but they interview around 300, accept 64, waitlist 175 and 40 from those waitlisted 175 get an acceptance (according to msar). So around 104 acceptances out of 300ish interviews. somewhere around 33% ? Someone correct me if I’m wrong lol.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone that had issues scheduling your interview date recently, it should work now. I was able to schedule mine before

anyone else who interviewed 10/04 having portal show

Admissions Committee Scheduled​

I thought we were supposed to hear back today; shouldn't the admissions committee have already convened?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else who interviewed 10/04 having portal show

Admissions Committee Scheduled​

I thought we were supposed to hear back today; shouldn't the admissions committee have already convened?
I interviewed on the 4th and my portal says “interview report completed”

They're also supposed to put it on the portal right?
Yeah she said portal gets updated around 3:30 but I was looking at previous years sdn threads and apparently you get a phone call from Monica by 1:00 if you got the acceptance. Maybe they’re not doing that this year?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list via portal (no email). Ah well.
i’m super surprised you didn’t get accepted.
I was looking at the thread for last year and it seemed like mid stat applicants don’t get accepted in the beginning, but higher stat ones do

I was looking at the thread for last year and it seemed like mid stat applicants don’t get accepted in the beginning, but higher stat ones do
what would be considered mid stat?

They told us during the interview day that they were going to use the alternate list aggressively and to not be surprised/discouraged if we were given that decision. They pull a large portion of their matriculants off the alternate list. Admittedly, I have quite a few interviews so maybe they assume I would go elsewhere.

2nd Quartile 3.9xx 515 URM to whoever asked

WARS like 9x or whatever

They told us during the interview day that they were going to use the alternate list aggressively and to not be surprised/discouraged if we were given that decision. They pull a large portion of their matriculants off the alternate list. Admittedly, I have quite a few interviews so maybe they assume I would go elsewhere.

Small schools do this. Nova MD also does the same, accepts very few people early on but has significant WL movement

I also interviewed on the 4th. Nothing on my end either. Monica Lopez said we should hear back on the 15th. We have another hour to go.

I also interviewed on the 4th. Nothing on my end either. Monica Lopez said we should hear back on the 15th. We have another hour to go.
ayyy another 4th interviewer. yeah, should we text her if we don't hear back by 3?

interviewed 9/21, no update for me yet. still on "Admissions Committee Review Complete"

Accepted just now! Super thrilled, re-applicant and fell in love with the school on interview day.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now! Super thrilled, re-applicant and fell in love with the school on interview day.
Congratulations! can you share your stats? also, what do you think you did differently that helped your acceptance? what was your portal status today?

Last edited:
Just got the call! 3rd quartile casper, LM 76.2, IS

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are they sending acceptances via phone call or email?

Congratulations! can you share your stats including Casper? also, what do you think you did differently that helped your acceptance? what was your portal status today?
Sure! LizzyM of 70.5, 2nd quartile casper and IS. What I think helped me the most was getting a full time job working in the hospital after I graduated, I had clinical experience but working full time in my gap year really gave me the chance to solidify why exactly I want to be a physician. The portal status didn't change from "Admissions Committee Review Complete" until after I got a call for the acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Sure! LizzyM of 70.5, 2nd quartile casper and IS. What I think helped me the most was getting a full time job working in the hospital after I graduated, I had clinical experience but working full time in my gap year really gave me the chance to solidify why exactly I want to be a physician. The portal status didn't change from "Admissions Committee Review Complete" until after I got a call for the acceptance.
That's grate! Did you send them thank you email after your interview?