2021-2022 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yooo thanks for this tip and I can't believe it worked. Also, I just hope that it's the right portal and I will actually be submitting to this year's cycle
I never got an email and actually did this yesterday and it worked for me. Glad I found out about this yesterday. I was verified the first day and been constantly checking my junk and other inboxes but never got any email from them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Your AMCAS application should reflect your community service experiences. However, tell us more about your most meaningful community service involvement, particularly an experience that really inspired you. How did your involvement move you? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care)

Do you think we can talk about an experience not on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your AMCAS application should reflect your community service experiences. However, tell us more about your most meaningful community service involvement, particularly an experience that really inspired you. How did your involvement move you? (Experience does not need to be related to patient care)

Do you think we can talk about an experience not on AMCAS?
That's what I did. I talked abt an experience in hs, which got me into community service in college and eventually med school. I didn't directly say it was in high school but yeah

Should I be calling them FAUCESCOM or SCOM or FAU COM or Schmidt in my secondaries?

Should I be calling them FAUCESCOM or SCOM or FAU COM or Schmidt in my secondaries?
It should be fine to just say FAU, that’s what I did, especially because they used the acronym FAU in their why this question.

So I stumbled upon something interesting today. I'm IS, had not yet received a secondary, and decided to just try using my email to log into their application portal found at map.fau.edu.

I requested a password change, promptly received the email, followed the prompts, and voila. I was able to access my secondary despite never receiving communication from the school.

I urge you all to do the same and not keep waiting - it seems like the ADCOM really dropped the ball trying to communicate with applicants this year.
Worked for me too. Wonder how behind I am now lmao 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I had a similar problem. I emailed them the other day- no response so far. It's an unfortunate predicament.
I emailed them as well. I think the more people that email about the problem, the better and the more serious they'll understand the situation is with many people being in the same boat. Good luck to everybody!

CESCOM. I go to FAU. It's always abbreviated as CESCOM or colloquially called the College of Medicine here at FAU.

Like this if you’re an IS applicant who has NOT received a secondary from FAU directly

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like this if you’re an IS applicant who has NOT received a secondary from FAU directly

Not an IS applicant, but I’d just contact the school if it’s been a while (say, over a week) and you haven’t received a secondary. They sent mine as soon as I transmitted.

Does anyone know what "Current Status: Preliminary Review Assigned" means? Are they reviewing my app already, or does everyone get this once they submit?

Mine says under screening process, so maybe yours got checked already!
I'm thinking yours is actually ahead of mine, since I just submitted a couple hours ago 😅 just weird because I thought it said something different right when I submitted (dont remember exactly what though)

I'm thinking yours is actually ahead of mine, since I just submitted a couple hours ago 😅 just weird because I thought it said something different right when I submitted (dont remember exactly what though)
I got this from a previous thread

This is the order the portal updates go in (from the last application cycle):
1. Admissions screening complete
2. Preliminary review assigned
3. Preliminary review completed
4. You will get an email with an interview invite if selected
5. Interview Report Completed
6. Admissions committee scheduled
7. Admissions committee review complete
8. Admissions decision (accepted, not accepted, alternate list)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
All the Florida schools are out here asking for autobiographies

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
For those that have submitted the secondary, what is your current status on the portal? I just want to make sure that they've received everything (LORs, Casper, etc.) and all I can see on my portal is:

Current Status: Admissions Screening in Progress​

For those that have submitted the secondary, what is your current status on the portal? I just want to make sure that they've received everything (LORs, Casper, etc.) and all I can see on my portal is:

I submitted this past weekend and have the same status displayed.

Hi, to reiterate comments already made in this thread and provide some more information:

I did not receive a secondary after expecting one from FAU based on scores, etc. and found this thread to see why. I accessed the FAU application portal through a link posted on this forum (map.fau.edu) to find that I had access to the secondary. I emailed the medical college admissions and they called me back with more information.

Some emails are being blocked by their server so students are not receiving invitations to start the secondary. You can access the secondary through this link (map.fau.edu), however, and if your email works to change your password and begin your secondary, it is legit - the admissions worker checked in her system too. Students who cannot access the secondary with this method did not receive a secondary from the school - there is no way to access the portal without your email being approved to do so in their system (this also prevents people who did not receive a secondary from accessing it through the link I've posted). There will be no penalty for students submitting their secondaries after the recommended "two week" deadline, as she said they just started reviewing secondary application last week.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
a bit confused why I have received 3 emails to submit the secondary when it's only been one week since I received the invitation....im trying pls give me some time 0.0

a bit confused why I have received 3 emails to submit the secondary when it's only been one week since I received the invitation....im trying pls give me some time 0.0
Give them your money!! Hurry up!!!

• Haha
at least you getting the emails 😭i had to use that link posted in here to find out that they did in fact send me the secondary

• Wow

Same! I hope it means they are really interested in us!

• Care
Anyone else's status update to preliminary review completed?

I submitted on the 20th and my status has been Secondary Application Completed. Anyone else have this same status? How long does it take to go from this to screening?

Same, submitted on July 24th

II today! Complete 8/4 and I had to use the workaround to get access the secondary someone posted earlier in this thread because I never got a secondary invite email. In case anyone used the same method and was worried about never getting an official secondary email.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those who got IIs! I submitted 8/15, and my status still shows up as "Admissions screening in progress"

Reactions: 2 users