2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw IIs reported here today, and was like, woah maybe I should check my email...

Got the II :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Does the portal change when you receive an II ? I don't trust my email

Members don't see this ad :)
Was totally not expecting it, but got an II today. I saw who the email was from and was like "oh god, another rejection 🙃"

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
In the FAQs on the einstein website it says that admission decisions can come out 2 weeks after interviews - anyone know if there's any truth to this?
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 9.45.31 PM.png

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed, did you send thank you notes to interviewers directly and/or to the admissions email?

I received the rolling admissions / HPWL email back on Feb 3rd. Can anyone speak to how good a chance I have at getting accepted down the line? Do they take 100% of students from that list?
wondering the same thing

Reactions: 1 users
I received the rolling admissions / HPWL email back on Feb 3rd. Can anyone speak to how good a chance I have at getting accepted down the line? Do they take 100% of students from that list?
How long after interviewing did you get the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
ah here's to hoping! received that HPWL/rolling admissions email a month ago after interviewing in december so very over all the waiting...

I have no idea, but been weeks since the "we are still reviewing your apps" email on feb 1st for those who didn't get decisions. first week of march and a Thursday feels right, but making sense of the process is also senseless lol
how long after our interviews are we supposed to get those emails? I never got one

Is the interview day just your 1-hour interview slot? Or is there another session?

I have an interview scheduled for a Friday morning later this month, and I recall there also being something scheduled for that afternoon as well, but I can't find it now. Maybe I'm thinking of the "Real Talk" diversity seminar that's held each Friday afternoon, but when I went to sign up for that, it said "which day would you like to attend, if you're not being interviewed on a Friday?" So that makes me think the diversity seminar must conflict with something... anybody know?

Is the interview day just your 1-hour interview slot? Or is there another session?

I have an interview scheduled for a Friday morning later this month, and I recall there also being something scheduled for that afternoon as well, but I can't find it now. Maybe I'm thinking of the "Real Talk" diversity seminar that's held each Friday afternoon, but when I went to sign up for that, it said "which day would you like to attend, if you're not being interviewed on a Friday?" So that makes me think the diversity seminar must conflict with something... anybody know?
just your interview slot

there's usually an "uncle Albert" session where you can talk with students at like 4pm. you'll get a link sent closer to your interview. helpful and optional
Ah yes, I believe that's what I'm thinking of. Thank you!

you think they'll release As today?
I could be wrong, but based on past years it doesn’t seem like any more As are going out until the day people commit to one school, in this year’s case May 2nd. Once that date passes and they know how many seats to fill, they start sending out “still interested” emails followed by acceptances.

Would be surprised if any As come out before then. Just sit tight, send in updates in the meantime if necessary.

still haven't heard anything after interviewing in January hmm wonder if that means its gonna be an R...

• Sad
Does anyone know when AECOM starts pulling off the HPWL?

• Hmm
Does anyone know when AECOM starts pulling off the HPWL?
If I recall correctly from last year's thread, it was sparse throughout April, with a majority being in early May.

Do we think there will be any more direct As or will it all involve WL from this point forward?

• Sad
Are there any others without an II or pre-II R still?

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed Feb 22nd and still no Rolling admissions email. What day do they usually come out?

Interviewed Feb 22nd and still no Rolling admissions email. What day do they usually come out?
Not sure what the cutoff was, maybe early Feb interviews? But in years past, they released many HPWL/WL/R on the first Thursday of March. Based on this year's thread, it seems there was some sparse news on the first Friday. I interviewed in late January and have yet to hear anything, as some others. You may receive an "Update" email before you hear anything else, sort of a "hold tight, we're getting to you."

Interviewed Feb 8th just got waitlist email unfortunately

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed late Janaury, WL email just now. I'll be checking last year's thread for regular WL movement and will update

Edit: doesn't look good, looks like no one indicated WL -> A last year, one WL -> A the year before

Edit on Edit: But it's a new year :)

Last edited:
Interviewed late Janaury, WL email just now. I'll be checking last year's thread for regular WL movement and will update

Edit: doesn't look good, looks like no one indicated WL -> A last year, one WL -> A the year before

Edit on Edit: But it's a new year :)
Is this specific to the HPWL or the store-brand version normal WL? There was a lot of chatter these past couple months that the HPWL seems to be a reputable funnel towards eventual admission.

Is this specific to the HPWL or the store-brand version normal WL? There was a lot of chatter these past couple months that the HPWL seems to be a reputable funnel towards eventual admission.
This is specific towards WL.

I will say that while a HPWL looks like a good chance towards an eventual A, this wasn't always the case for some that ended up hearing nothing back. If you received a HPWL, it appears the next phase is the "still interested?" email which should come early May. This appears to be the surest thing of an A.

When they say "We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, in a separate email" should that be like a letter of intent? I'm not sure if I should write out paragraphs explaining why I want to attend or if I save them and myself time by just plain and simple telling them that I'm interested.

Does anyone know when Einstein releases merit aid scholarships?

Anyone have any idea when the next wave of As will come out? I had my second interview a month ago and haven’t heard anything. I’m wondering if they are just WLing everyone at this point or if there will be another A wave.

Anyone have any idea when the next wave of As will come out? I had my second interview a month ago and haven’t heard anything. I’m wondering if they are just WLing everyone at this point or if there will be another A wave.
they do multiple interviews?

is everyone filling out the einstein financial aid questionnaire (regardless of current acceptance status)?

When they say "We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, in a separate email" should that be like a letter of intent? I'm not sure if I should write out paragraphs explaining why I want to attend or if I save them and myself time by just plain and simple telling them that I'm interested.
Yes, this is your chance to send a letter of intent. I'm assuming you received that because you got the HPWL/rolling admission email, which means Einstein is highly considering you for acceptance. They are covering their bases to make sure they're sending As to people who will actually take them and not waste time and money on people who are not planning to attend. Let em know you're excited to come here! (if you are lol)

is everyone filling out the einstein financial aid questionnaire (regardless of current acceptance status)?
Where did you find that? I didn't see any questionnaire...

Edit: I found the questionnaire but wouldn't know where to submit it. Do you just email it? Accepted applicants, have you been given access to some kind of portal where you submit the questionnaire and income tax info?

Last edited: