2021-2022 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted this morning around 9am, interviewed 2/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted student group to gauge how many have been admitted. They seem to take a little more than half their waitlist so there is hope

This is so wild to me! I interviewed 11/12 and it’s been silence. I wonder how they chose to tell students.
It was surprising to me too! I was rejected post-II from this school last time I applied, and it was well over a month before I heard anything. I have no idea why they gave me the W so quickly this time.

It was surprising to me too! I was rejected post-II from this school last time I applied, and it was well over a month before I heard anything. I have no idea why they gave me the W so quickly this time.
Looking at last years thread, it appears to be a high waitlist movement so hopefully you will get in!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Random question, but I saw on the MSAR for Central under Dress Code it says "Yes - Determined by each incoming class."

Anyone know what that means? Do they have a dress code for class or anything? (I know a few schools do, which at risk of being dramatic, is my actual nightmare.) Usually if it's just a dress code for clinicals/patient interaction, the MSAR notes that, and I assume if it was just for clinicals, it would be business/business casual and there would be nothing for the incoming class to determine.

• Wow
Hey guys! Random question, but I saw on the MSAR for Central under Dress Code it says "Yes - Determined by each incoming class."

Anyone know what that means? Do they have a dress code for class or anything? (I know a few schools do, which at risk of being dramatic, is my actual nightmare.) Usually if it's just a dress code for clinicals/patient interaction, the MSAR notes that, and I assume if it was just for clinicals, it would be business/business casual and there would be nothing for the incoming class to determine.
I have no idea what that means either, but I can describe how we dress now.

The only super clear-cut requirement is business attire + white coat for the Essentials of Clinical Skills class, which is basically CMED's version of OSCE's. It's a how-to-be-a-doctor class. For that class, they do have a list of Do's/Don'ts and are particular about things like no tennis shoes, no leggings, no long nails, etc. Otherwise, we dress pretty comfortably for other classes. Someone told me it was good to dress as though the Dean could walk through the campus at any moment. So nobody's in pajamas or anything risque (at least during the day; I'm not hanging around at night, lol). But I've seen leggings, jeans, sweatshirts, flannel shirts, etc. during lectures and small groups.

Reactions: 1 users
I have no idea what that means either, but I can describe how we dress now.

The only super clear-cut requirement is business attire + white coat for the Essentials of Clinical Skills class, which is basically CMED's version of OSCE's. It's a how-to-be-a-doctor class. For that class, they do have a list of Do's/Don'ts and are particular about things like no tennis shoes, no leggings, no long nails, etc. Otherwise, we dress pretty comfortably for other classes. Someone told me it was good to dress as though the Dean could walk through the campus at any moment. So nobody's in pajamas or anything risque (at least during the day; I'm not hanging around at night, lol). But I've seen leggings, jeans, sweatshirts, flannel shirts, etc. during lectures and small groups.
Ah, makes sense! Thanks so much!

Interviewed 2/11, rejected 3/7. I'm OOS and a little bummed, but good luck to the rest of you 🙃

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed 2/11, rejected 3/7. I'm OOS and a little bummed, but good luck to the rest of you 🙃

Did you get your decision today? Also interviews that day but haven’t heard anything. Do you think it was the mmi or group interview that was rough? I personally don’t know how the group interview is scored because someone in my group kind of dominated the response.

Reactions: 2 users
How many people on the waitlist do you think are OOS. I was waitlisted about two months ago and I am itching for movement.

I interviewed with CMU on 10/1. I got WL on 1/11. I interviewed with CMU first, and it was extremely glitchy and stressful. I've had other A's and am not too worried anymore, but I feel very bad for those I read about who interviewed in mid-September and haven't heard back yet. That's turned me away slightly from this school, but I hope you all hear soon you got this! (including thefuturemcdreamy who has been waiting for a long time).

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think you should. 4-5 months post interview with no response seems excessive for a school that's getting back to some people within a week.
I think they just don’t contact students with deferred decision.

Keep in mind that waitlisted and deferred are two different things for some schools.

so you're saying there's a chance??
Of course! If they rejected you they would have told u. You contact them right now and probably will get a generic response. There are wayyyy more applicants this year, so they are even more cautious of giving acceptances.

I think they just don’t contact students with deferred decision.
The students I've known that have had deferred decisions usually get an email saying their decision was deferred. Thenextmcdreamy may get a generic response, be told they've been waitlisted, or even be told their decision has been deferred. However, now that interviews are coming to a close I think it may be worth at least shining some light on the patience of OP and their continued interest in the eyes of admissions.

Did you get your decision today? Also interviews that day but haven’t heard anything. Do you think it was the mmi or group interview that was rough? I personally don’t know how the group interview is scored because someone in my group kind of dominated the response.
For the MMI stations, I feel like I did well and I got very positive feedback (that was volunteered by the interviewers) from a professor and a current MS1. For the group stations, we never finished the task given. I had group members that were too agreeable and talked in circles about a single point complimenting everyone else's response. Noticed a lot of OOS applicants in my group specifically from the same state as me, so maybe they group us together to pick the "best".

If their last interview date is today, do y'all think if we haven't heard back yet we should hear back soon?

For the MMI stations, I feel like I did well and I got very positive feedback (that was volunteered by the interviewers) from a professor and a current MS1. For the group stations, we never finished the task given. I had group members that were too agreeable and talked in circles about a single point complimenting everyone else's response. Noticed a lot of OOS applicants in my group specifically from the same state as me, so maybe they group us together to pick the "best".
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I go back and forth about my performance since I’m still waiting on a decision. I feel like the mmi format doesn’t really allow you to show/share who you are and my group interview was meh.

When you get a phone call from the area code but it just happens to be a scam call :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
The Road to Matriculation Series email just gave me a heart attack. When I saw the email preview that says “Thank you for your interest…” I thought it was over 😭

• Care
I swear I be getting everything but a decision from this place.....

• Haha
Any folks heard anything from the financial office sense submitting FAFSA? Could have swore they mentioned on one of the road to matriculation events that they start sending financial aid info out in Mid-March.

So I was at one of their road to matriculation presentations and they said that if you haven't gotten a decision yet, you are still being considered. I think there will be a couple more committee meetings in the coming weeks but they said that they will try to make final decisions by the beginning of April.

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R yesterday (forgot to post)

LM 69, OOS and complete VERY late so totally expected lol

• Care
Good luck for the rest of the cycle, sorry to hear that. Can you just elaborate on what LM 69 means? I've seen that stat multiple times I just dnt know what it means
It is a LizzyM Score. It basically just gives you a number based on your MCAT+ GPA, and allows you to compare yourself to other people and design a school list based on the schools' scores.

This may have been answered earlier in this thread (I couldn't find anything, so I'd appreciate guidance if I'm missing something!), but does anybody have any recommendations regarding when to send LOI? Is it better to send it sooner (now), or wait until closer to April 15th when heavier waitlist movement starts?

This may have been answered earlier in this thread (I couldn't find anything, so I'd appreciate guidance if I'm missing something!), but does anybody have any recommendations regarding when to send LOI? Is it better to send it sooner (now), or wait until closer to April 15th when heavier waitlist movement starts?
Take this with a couple grains of salt, but I would recommend sending sooner rather than later so adcom’s have a higher chance of reading it before they start picking from the waitlist.