2021-2022 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS (& extremely close ties institution) accepted this morning. Interviewed in August and WL'ed in January. Pretty sure I will be declining for a cheaper school also IS, I hope it goes to one of you

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A this morning. Interviewed in October with WL around the same time. OOS

• Love
meanwhile I haven't even gotten a decision yet.... Congrats to all the A's tho!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
IS (& extremely close ties institution) accepted this morning. Interviewed in August and WL'ed in January. Pretty sure I will be declining for a cheaper school also IS, I hope it goes to one of you
Mind if I DM you about which program?

Last edited:
Congrats to all those who came off the waitlist today! Just curious, did any of y'all send LOI/ update letters after being waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those who came off the waitlist today! Just curious, did any of y'all send LOI/ update letters after being waitlisted?
I sent an update letter post interview, but not in-between the waitlist to A timeframe

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? I'm strongly leaning towards roommate(s).

Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? I'm strongly leaning towards roommate(s).
There's a Facebook group that you'll get invited to soon. Not sure if a Class of 2026 GroupMe has been started yet or not.

Current student here. Let me know if you have any questions ;););););)

Last edited:
I just know this months road to matriculation email is going to put me into cardiac arrest

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Current student here. Let me know if you have any questions ;););););)
Any experience with the health professionals apartment complex (Med students only)? Thinking that's where I'd like to be for M1/M2.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I knew to expect it too, but still!! My heart actually dropped into my stomach

Feel The Bern Meme GIF by Bernie Sanders

I am once again asking if they will finally make a decision for me instead of sending me these roads to matriculation series....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Any experience with the health professionals apartment complex (Med students only)? Thinking that's where I'd like to be for M1/M2.
It's not med students only. It's fine but it is off campus so you'd need a car to get to campus everyday for classes. If you're not from a winter state, winter driving might get to you.

Is anyone going to the road to the matriculation event today?

UPDATE: we should hear by the end of this week of by next week

Reactions: 6 users
Been waiting since October just to get an R 😞

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WL, interviewed in December, IS

• Care
Got the post-II R after interviewing in October. At least I can finally get some closure now after waiting for such a long time....

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Also got a post ii R today. But have been accepted to my top choice for a month now so not too phased or bummed about this one. Happy the cycle is coming to an official close. My watch here has eneded!

• Love
  • Care
Also Got Post-II R 10ish am.
Interviewed 12/10–my bday, so I thought it was kismet.

In state, Nontrad, pushing 40, 3.8 Science, 3.3 cum, Mcat 506

I really was hoping for this. Cest la vie. Will try again in 2 years.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Your friendly neighborhood M1 here to tell those of you who got the R today that your path isn't over and that you will become extraordinary physicians either somewhere else or just a year or two down the road. Also here to remind those who got the WL today that they really don't mince their words when they say being put on the WL is a good thing. We see a lot of WL movement after the April 30 deadline. This process requires an incredible amount of patience and while I could say the amount of patience required gets better on the other side, it really doesn't. You're all signing up for a lifetime of sacrificing and putting off the things you care about, regardless of where you end up training. I know the wait to get in is agonizing and painful, but try to keep it all in perspective as you wait for what I hope is a good response for all of you.

Reactions: 13 users
Sorry if this was posted already, but is there a GroupMe for accepted students at CMU yet?

looking forward to next week when central will (hopefully) let us out of this purgatory--maybe then i can stop refreshing my email every ten minutes lol

Need some advice pls lol

If I am on CMU's waitlist but I commit to enroll at a different school tomorrow, do you think I have any chance of still getting off of the waitlist or should I hold off on committing to this other place until I definitively hear back from CMU? Basically, I don't want to lose my chance of getting in off CMU's waitlist if I commit to another school that I would not choose over CMU if given the opportunity to attend. Thanks!!!

Need some advice pls lol

If I am on CMU's waitlist but I commit to enroll at a different school tomorrow, do you think I have any chance of still getting off of the waitlist or should I hold off on committing to this other place until I definitively hear back from CMU? Basically, I don't want to lose my chance of getting in off CMU's waitlist if I commit to another school that I would not choose over CMU if given the opportunity to attend. Thanks!!!
If I'm correct you can choose to be "Plan to Enroll" instead of "Commit to Enroll" to that other school, if you choose commit you forfeit your spot on the WL, but there's more info on AMCAS® Choose Your Medical School Tool

Need some advice pls lol

If you want to keep your spot on the waitlist, then you have to choose plan to enroll at the other school. Most schools have a plan to enroll deadline of today, but a commit to enroll deadline of much later. Just find out what the other school’s commit to enroll deadline is, until then you can stay on the waitlist at CMU

Got the A (off of WL) just before 6am this morning but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Take this to mean what you will, but the FB group has shrank a bit and, discounting for current students and staff, is approximately 70 strong.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew today, decided to stay in-state.

Best of luck to you all!

• Care