2021-2022 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Take this to mean what you will, but the FB group has shrank a bit and, discounting for current students and staff, is approximately 70 strong.
Make that 60. Movement indeed!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got in off the waitlist!!! OOS interviewed in September and waitlisted in January.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off WL earlier this morn, interviewed December and WL in April, IS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is over! I just got pulled off from the WL this morning. This is my first A! Interviewed in September, WL in January. IS applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
People on the WL, did you submit your fasfa?

Reactions: 1 users
@people getting off the waitlist: first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Second, did you send updates post-interview, and if so when did you last send one? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
@people getting off the waitlist: first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Second, did you send updates post-interview, and if so when did you last send one? Thanks!

I sent an update in December before i got waitlisted

Yes, but I’m not sure about next step… need to look into how I’m going to pay for my tuition 😓

Yes, the last one I sent was in February

Just got accepted off WL this morning. Interviewed in Feb and WL in April. Sent post-interview update just recently after getting on WL.

• Love
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of y’all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those wondering, FB group has only slightly increased to about 65 (excluding current students/admin). Plenty of waitlist movement to come I imagine.

• Love
For those wondering, FB group has only slightly increased to about 65 (excluding current students/admin). Plenty of waitlist movement to come I imagine.
Thank you for keeping us updated! This is literally what’s keeping me sane 🙃

Late post, but I got the A off the WL on Tuesday morning! OOS, interviewed in September and waitlisted in April with dead silence in between. This is my first MD acceptance after 2 cycles😭 Applying is a brutal process, so congratulations to you all on the sheer determination it takes to stick it out. Stay optimistic!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted Monday off waitlist and withdrew, good luck all!

accepted earlier this morning! IS and interviewed late in the season...first MD acceptance!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
FB group is at (roughly) 70. I believe the avg class size is 104.

They sent out a lot less decisions this week than I thought they might

They sent out a lot less decisions this week than I thought they might
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a lot of newly-accepted students just don't have sdn/facebook? It does seem odd.

Anybody else get a “notice of interest” email this morning? Scared the life out of me!

Me! Also scared me I thought it was a rejection email at first lol
Same! Any time an email starts with “Thank you for…” my heart DROPS

Edit: speaking of which, shouldn’t we be due for a road to matriculation email soon?

Last edited:
Okay I replied I was interested do I get an acceptance now lol?

• Haha
I’m curious, what does the notice of interest say?

I’m curious, what does the notice of interest say?
The email made it seem like they're trying to gauge interest among their current waitlisted applicants--potentially to free up some waitlist spaces?

"The admissions committee will continue to make offers to applicants on our waitlist until mid June. We understand that it is very likely many of you have already received offers from other medical schools, we do ask that if you are no longer interested in our College of Medicine, please contact the Admissions Office and ask to be withdrawn from consideration.

Those of you who do remain interested, in an effort to help us better manage our waitlist, we encourage you to provide our office with a short 'Notice of Interest' - this is not required to remain on the waitlist
."

I'm not sure about anyone else, but my response was pretty short since I'd already sent them an update letter and a letter of intent.

Reactions: 1 users
The email made it seem like they're trying to gauge interest among their current waitlisted applicants--potentially to free up some waitlist spaces?

"The admissions committee will continue to make offers to applicants on our waitlist until mid June. We understand that it is very likely many of you have already received offers from other medical schools, we do ask that if you are no longer interested in our College of Medicine, please contact the Admissions Office and ask to be withdrawn from consideration.

Those of you who do remain interested, in an effort to help us better manage our waitlist, we encourage you to provide our office with a short 'Notice of Interest' - this is not required to remain on the waitlist
."

I'm not sure about anyone else, but my response was pretty short since I'd already sent them an update letter and a letter of intent.
Mine was also very short because that is what they asked for.

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! First A so I am a mess but so excited!! For everyone else waiting, you got this!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
YALL I got accepted this morning, so excited!

• Love
Also accepted this morning! Interviewed in January, WL in April

I didn’t get the email… :(
It was about 4 days between my acceptance and the invite, but it seems it’s been much longer for you - I’d recommend reaching out!

Have they sent any financial aid information out yet?

It was about 4 days between my acceptance and the invite, but it seems it’s been much longer for you - I’d recommend reaching out!
Thank you. Maybe I joined it too early. Did they say anything other than the facebook group?

Thank you. Maybe I joined it too early. Did they say anything other than the facebook group?
Nothing in regards to other groups (like GroupMe, etc.)
They sent reminders about the matriculation documents on the app portal and a notification about finaid, but that’s about it.

• Care
Was accepted off the waitlist but declined the offer earlier this week. It was such a tough decision but I think this is the best path for me. Best of luck to you all and I hope the spot goes to one of you!

Accepted off W/L this morning! IS interviewed in October waitlisted November! First and only acceptance!

• Love
Has anyone gotten a road to matriculation email this month? I was expecting one more about the Student Interest Groups, so I’m worried I missed an email.