2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No Friday II's given out today?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my CASPer last weekend and it is already marked as complete on my app. I wonder if it actually got graded that fast or something went wrong. I saw above that they dont give out complete emails so should I just assume the best?

I took my CASPer last weekend and it is already marked as complete on my app. I wonder if it actually got graded that fast or something went wrong. I saw above that they dont give out complete emails so should I just assume the best?

If you go on the CASPer website it'll tell you if the results are pending - which means that it still needs to be graded. CASPer usually takes a while to be graded mine took 2 weeks to get graded and I took it July 30th. But Im assuming that vermont starts viewing your app if they're notified that youve at least registered for the casper (some schools do that)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My LORs have been sent since like july but when I submitted my secondary just now it says they aren't received. Its weird because on the Vermont portal it says they received the letters a while ago, is this normal?

My LORs have been sent since like july but when I submitted my secondary just now it says they aren't received. Its weird because on the Vermont portal it says they received the letters a while ago, is this normal?

Yes, that's normal. On the status page I believe they state your LOR status should update in 48 hours. Mine didn't show as received either until a couple of days after I submitted, and I had submitted my LORs through AMCAS weeks before my secondary.

Yes, that's normal. On the status page I believe they state your LOR status should update in 48 hours. Mine didn't show as received either until a couple of days after I submitted, and I had submitted my LORs through AMCAS weeks before my secondary.
sweet, that makes sense. Thanks!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Heads up everyone, I am watching the pre-interview videos and the admissions folks said that there is no High Priority Waitlist this year (unlike last year). There is only one waitlist and that they predict more waitlist movement than before.

Reactions: 5 users
Heads up everyone, I am watching the pre-interview videos and the admissions folks said that there is no High Priority Waitlist this year (unlike last year). There is only one waitlist and that they predict more waitlist movement than before.

do we know when they let us know if we are put on the waitlist?

Does anyone with an II see the virtual tour available on their portal? In the e-mail they sent out regarding the interview they mentioned that we should see it available on that tab but it's still showing as "coming soon" for me

Does anyone with an II see the virtual tour available on their portal? In the e-mail they sent out regarding the interview they mentioned that we should see it available on that tab but it's still showing as "coming soon" for me
Yeah still shows "coming soon" for me

Interview tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh

Couple questions:
1) I know it's an mmi but is it completely closed file or are there a couple open file sections?

2) they just sent out an email saying that they've changed their interview attire to business casual. They said you can wear a suit if you want though. I would prefer to wear my suit but I don't want to look like an arse. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhh

Couple questions:
1) I know it's an mmi but is it completely closed file or are there a couple open file sections?

2) they just sent out an email saying that they've changed their interview attire to business casual. They said you can wear a suit if you want though. I would prefer to wear my suit but I don't want to look like an arse. Thoughts?
its completely closed file. Also everyone on my interview day was in a suit

Does Vermont send out rejections if they don’t want to interview you or will we just not here back ? Anyone receive an R?

Thanks for replying! Did you interview this year? I figure I'll probably just wear my suit. They said it wasn't necessary, but I would feel better wearing it I think (unless I'm the only one).

Yes I interviewed recently! They told us no one had access to our file beforehand and everyone was in a suit including me, I think that was just said in case someone did not have access to a suit this year!

Yes I interviewed recently! They told us no one had access to our file beforehand and everyone was in a suit including me, I think that was just said in case someone did not have access to a suit this year!

Hey I hope your interview went well! Was it fairly informal or pretty formal? I know you can't go too in depth but did it feel like there were any curveballs?

II just now. Complete 7/17, LM 71, OOS. Closest date was 9/28. I'm really excited as this is my first II and one of my top choice schools!!

Reactions: 15 users
II today for me as well. Complete in mid-August, LM 80, OOS. Dates were from September 28 through November. This is also my first II and very exciting!

Reactions: 14 users
Hey I hope your interview went well! Was it fairly informal or pretty formal? I know you can't go too in depth but did it feel like there were any curveballs?

It felt fair and pretty stress free. I had an interview last week that I was a lot more nervous for, but this felt a lot less stressful (probably because it wasn't my first interview.) I would just relax, breathe deep and speak slow. I found that when I slowed my speech down I was more comfortable, less anxious and more articulate. I felt like that helped a lot and allowed me to think as I spoke.

You peeps got it! They're interviewing you for a reason.

Reactions: 3 users
It's completely closed file? This page (not sure of accuracy) says 95% of applicants reported it being open file:

Is being closed file new this year/the last couple years?

Also, i understand it has historically been MMI. Is this still the case? How do they achieve this online? Thank you in advance for any insight!

They don't have an admissions tracker do they? (with the number of primaries, secondaries, etc) I didn't see one on their website and a quick (and admittedly not thorough) search of SDN didn't yield anything.

It felt fair and pretty stress free. I had an interview last week that I was a lot more nervous for, but this felt a lot less stressful (probably because it wasn't my first interview.) I would just relax, breathe deep and speak slow. I found that when I slowed my speech down I was more comfortable, less anxious and more articulate. I felt like that helped a lot and allowed me to think as I spoke.

You peeps got it! They're interviewing you for a reason.

Hi! Glad your interview went well! Was it an MMI?

It's completely closed file? This page (not sure of accuracy) says 95% of applicants reported it being open file:

Is being closed file new this year/the last couple years?

Also, i understand it has historically been MMI. Is this still the case? How do they achieve this online? Thank you in advance for any insight!
It was all MMI and yes, the interviewers were all totally blind to applications. The MMI was set up where you enter a breakout room with a single interviewer and have a chance to read and respond to a prompt, just as you would in person. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
It was all MMI and yes, the interviewers were all totally blind to applications. The MMI was set up where you enter a breakout room with a single interviewer and have a chance to read and respond to a prompt, just as you would in person. Good luck!
Sorry to keep asking this question. I have the student panel thingy today and I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear to these. Do I wear my suit again or what? Have you done yours yet?

Sorry to keep asking this question. I have the student panel thingy today and I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear to these. Do I wear my suit again or what? Have you done yours yet?
I'll be attending that today as well, as I was planning on wearing business casual again - as a lady, that'll be a button down shirt with a sports coat over top. I think it's okay to be a bit more casual for this if you feel comfortable doing so, but it all comes down to what you'll be most comfortable and confident in!

Thank you!

I submitted my secondary, but the portal says my reference letters have not been received? Do we have to wait until they manually input them to be complete?

Their status page states that it may take up to 48 hours for the reference letters to show up as received. I had the same thing come up and they checked my app as complete shortly after I submitted.

bump on this puhleeeez
I've had a couple... none within 4 years though, so I just said the number and date range. Really hoping being reckless and dumb at 16 doesn't hurt me lol. I'd imagine it's for something to do with their background check? not really a "you got 3 speeding tickets at 16, you're not responsible enough to be a physician"? right?

do anyone receive a complete email? in the portal, I am complete but never received an email. just curious

I've had a couple... none within 4 years though, so I just said the number and date range. Really hoping being reckless and dumb at 16 doesn't hurt me lol. I'd imagine it's for something to do with their background check? not really a "you got 3 speeding tickets at 16, you're not responsible enough to be a physician"? right?
No idea. But I do think it's reasonable that they might say to themselves "one is a mistake, three is a trend." Hopefully you get your fair shake in a full app review, though, especially since they were many years ago!

Still haven't received a secondary... How long did it take between primary submission and secondary emails for you guys?

I got mine as soon as my MCAT score became available (which was like 2 weeks after I submitted my secondary). So basically as soon as they had everything they needed to make my file complete.

[Edit: Wait, I lied. I got mine right after submitting, even without my MCAT score. That was back in early July. Maybe processing times are slower now?]

Last edited:
Do people generally call this school larner or UVM?

II just now!! Interview scheduled for first week of October. OOS no ties, LM ~70.

Reactions: 10 users