2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today also!! URM, OOS, Complete 7/16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the II's!! Judging off all the stats shared looks like all URM invites only being reported so far?
Everyone who has posted about an II for this school on SDN so far has been URM

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know of one who is an orm 514 3.7 oos so idk how this works lol
Oh well I’m sure that there are ORMs who have gotten IIs but UVM appears to look at URM apps as a higher priority which I believe is a common practice

High stat applicants in general would be among the first to get IIs anywhere tho

Reactions: 1 user
Oh well I’m sure that there are ORMs who have gotten IIs but UVM appears to look at URM apps as a higher priority which I believe is a common practice

High stat applicants in general would be among the first to get IIs anywhere tho
Yea hoping for one here or anywhere lmfao

Reactions: 6 users
Got my II here last Cycle in late Septeber, interviewed on November 2nd and Accepted on January 5th. UVM has a tough time recruiting URM because Burlington is VERY white and URM students want to be where there is more diversity.
Well the class is a bit over 70% white with a total class size of 130 so I can definitely see why they’d want more diversity

Well the class is a bit over 70% white with a total class size of 130 so I can definitely see why they’d want more diversity

Isn’t America 70% white? that’s pretty representative of the population then. And idk the stats but I’m assuming Vermont has an even higher pop of white ppl.

Reactions: 3 users
Got my II here last Cycle in late Septeber, interviewed on November 2nd and Accepted on January 5th. UVM has a tough time recruiting URM because Burlington is VERY white and URM students want to be where there is more diversity.
I'm not even URM and the lack of racial and ethnic diversity in Burlington is certainly a drawback for me when I consider what it may be like to be a student. I wonder if they offer many scholarships to their URM students to incentivize them picking UVM over other programs?

Reactions: 6 users
Isn’t America 70% white? that’s pretty representative of the population then. And idk the stats but I’m assuming Vermont has an even higher pop of white ppl.

US - 60%
Larner - 76%
Burlington -85%
The school, and city, could use some diversity.

Reactions: 13 users
Do they send out a complete email? My file is complete but I never got one

Has anyone inquired about whether UVM is using CASPer Snapshot?

Has anyone with an II done it?

Members don't see this ad :)
did OOS students use the optional prompt as a why larner essay?

Can't speak for anyone else, but that's what I did. Referenced some non-immediate family ties to the state and to a specific branch campus and briefly discussed my interest in the program.

Does Vermont send out complete emails? My application status looks complete in the secondary but I haven't received an email after confirmation of my secondary submission.

Does Vermont send out complete emails? My application status looks complete in the secondary but I haven't received an email after confirmation of my secondary submission.
They do not send complete emails. I’ve confirmed this with them

Reactions: 2 users
White as well, but LGTBQ+ (I don't know if Vermont considers that URM). Very excited!

congrats!! what did ur status in the portal reflect?
Got an email II, on the portal I had a new tab labeled "interview" with a calendar to choose a date. The soonest available was 9/4 but I chose 9/18 since I can't get a day off of work until then. Seems like all the interviews fell on weekdays. Status page didn't change, still said "complete."

Got an email II, on the portal I had a new tab labeled "interview" with a calendar to choose a date. The soonest available was 9/4 but I chose 9/18 since I can't get a day off of work until then. Seems like all the interviews fell on weekdays. Status page didn't change, still said "complete."

oh wow okay thank u!

so it never said “under review” beforehand in the portal?

for those who got II, mind sharing what topic you wrote for the additional info essay?

II received on 8/14 but I never hit "post reply," in this thread so here we are a week later lol.

OOS / URM with LizzyM 70 ; complete 7/14.

I see people are asking about the additional info essay; I personally spoke very briefly (80 words around) adding clarification for my applying to medical school in the first place--specifically, things that i didn't get to expand upon in my PS.

II received 8/21, Secondary came in 7/13 and submitted 7/14. ORM from New England area, LM score of 67.

Still kinda shook they took a chance on me but honestly feel it was because of my essays. Additional comments I used to talk about Why UVM and my experiences that tied to a couple of their curriculums.

Reactions: 5 users
Kicking myself for not writing anything in the extra info optional essay. I feel like if I had written a “why vermont” essay I wouldn’t be so worried about not getting a II yet.

Did anyone know they had a Harry Potter-themed match day?! I want to go here so badly...

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted my secondary, but it says my LORs are not received. I know I submitted 3 through AMCAS. Am I missing something?

Did you just submit it today? The bottom of the Status page says this:

"Once you submit your secondary application and pay your fee, the system takes 48 hours to reflect receipt of your letters of reference. If your letters of reference are not marked as complete 48 hours after submission of your secondary application please contact the admissions office at [email protected]"

A bit late to the party but secondary submit today! Fingers crossed pretty tough for this school. OOS ORM

Y'all I received a call from a VT area code last night and I got really excited because I don't know anyone in VT and it turned out to be a spam call lol. Took a min for my heart rate to go back down

• Sad
  • Wow
Y'all I received a call from a VT area code last night and I got really excited because I don't know anyone in VT and it turned out to be a spam call lol. Took a min for my heart rate to go back down

Nooo those are the worst :/ I was on the priority WL for a school last cycle and I had 3 area code spam calls :( It was brutal lol

• Wow
has there been a consistent time of day that IIs have been coming out so far for UVM?

Anyone with a II see the virtual tour in their interview tab? I was not able to to find it