2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :) OOS

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got that A- 3.3 UG gpa, 3.4 Grad GPA-OOS for almost 10 years-so super non-trad. 511 MCAT.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got that A- 3.3 UG gpa, 3.4 Grad GPA-OOS for almost 10 years-so super non-trad. 511 MCAT.
Congrats, similar to my profile. Were you off the waitlist?

Kinda strange... I wonder if there are actually any post II-Rs.

is there an accepted students Facebook/group?

A, but I declined - good luck to whoever will get the spot! I would have really loved living in Burlington, though, haha.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 😭 this was my top post-interview choice and I can't believe it!!! Definitely expected to spend some time on the waitlist since that's what they said

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED yesterday 3 pm. nontraditional with a UK education Turned USA post bacc with lots of healthcare experience in the Boston area. This was my only interview this year . I am SO HAPPY and in utter disbelief

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Pre-II R this morning. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Good luck to all of you

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I also received a pre-II R this morning, good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that regardless of what happens, I really wish the best for all of you! Thank you for being such a supportive community!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Has anyone heard anything yet?? Do we think LCOM will wait till May 1st at this point for WL movement?

I wonder if the amount of people in the FB group shows how full the class is? I hope they continue to have waitlist movement... it would kill me to wait until after that April 30th date. My heart cant handle this lol.

I really hope you get the A. I am also waiting to hear back. How do you know that there is WL movement for OOS? I thought after end of March they wait until May 1st before they come to the WL?
Thanks so much, you too!! Some people earlier in the thread said they were accepted off the waitlist as OOS applicants, in Jan and Feb

Last edited:
I really hope you get the A. I am also waiting to hear back. How do you know that there is WL movement for OOS? I thought after end of March they wait until May 1st before they come to the WL?
Best of luck to you! Only a small fraction of people who applied will ever actually post on SDN. I'm sure there has been both IS and OOS waitlist movement, there just might not be a comment on SDN to reflect the IS portion. Hang in there!

Wait List Question:
For those on the wait list. Is there a HPWL and Alternate List this year?
How do we know which list we are in?
Thanks.
There is only one list this year, during my interview info session they said this year they got rid of the HPWL

The numbers are pretty big for that waitlist.. I think last year they interviewed 580? students, and with 124 acceptances + 150-200 waitlists... , sheesh. Hoping there will still be more waitlist movement before that May 1st-ish time. Now I wish they still had the HPWL so I can better gauge if I want to go through that mental hell of reapplying.:cryi:

The numbers are pretty big for that waitlist.. I think last year they interviewed 580? students, and with 124 acceptances + 150-200 waitlists... , sheesh. Hoping there will still be more waitlist movement before that May 1st-ish time. Now I wish they still had the HPWL so I can better gauge if I want to go through that mental hell of reapplying.:cryi:
The waitlist can be pretty unpredictable I was on the HPWL last year and didn’t get off and it was crushing but really hoping for a lot of movement this year as well!

Congrats to all A's! In here again to offer AMA as current M1 - can answer any questions about moving here, what to expect, etc!

We're looking forward to having you all in Burlington!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Why the 9th?

I was just told in my interview I *might* hear back end of March, but more likely early April, so I just decided the 9th seemed likely so as not to get my hopes up before then lol

For IS or OOS? There has already been OOS WL movement, but no IS movement
Hi thanks for asking! I just meant has anyone heard at all about WL movement at this present time. Just wondering if the adcoms are currently reaching out or if all is quiet. I've monitored this forum and I know that candidates have been coming off the WL at seemingly random times. I saw someone was WL in Nov and A'd in ~Jan. That sort of matches up with my timeline 😅. Thanks to all that share their updates!

I interviewed in early December, WL in January. Still waiting.. :). Kinda loosing hope because people who were WL or interviewed after me from Dec to March have come off the WL. So I am wondering if I am way down their WL priority. :)

I interviewed in early December, WL in January. Still waiting.. :). Kinda loosing hope because people who were WL or interviewed after me from Dec to March have come off the WL. So I am wondering if I am way down their WL priority. :)
Hey don't lose hope! Have you sent a letter of intent and notices reaffirming your interest in the program?

Yes. But from what I hear a LOI, does not change the admission decision. So keeping fingers crossed.
There are certainly WL candidates that have not submitted an LOI. Compared to them, you are already favorable. Being on the WL shows you are absolutely qualified for acceptance. This year is also unpredictable. Hopefully more WL movement than usual! :)

Hello everyone! Has anyone been interviewed or even accepted with a 500/sub-500 MCAT? I'm trying to see whether I even have a chance here
Unfortunately it’s nearly impossible to get into any MD school with that mcat :/

Even for an II? Thank you by the way!
You can always shoot your shot. The 10th percentile for matriculated students at UVM is a 505 MCAT, so 10% of matriculants have a sub 505, so it's possible. You don't know what other aspects of those student's applications outweighed the low MCAT, though. With a <500 you have a very high chance of being screened out before your application is even reviewed, I would look on their website or call admissions to see what their minimum is. If you are reviewed, with that MCAT you would need a pretty dang exceptional application in every other aspect and a good reason for the low score.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! Has anyone been interviewed or even accepted with a 500/sub-500 MCAT? I'm trying to see whether I even have a chance here
I interviewed in November (waitlisted) and my highest MCAT was a 504. I have two sub-500 MCAT scores prior to that score. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview late Feb and getting antsy? lol

I'm sending everyone on the WL all the good vibes! I feel like when April 30th rolls around, more spots will be opening up 🤞 wishing you all the best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Based on previous years, probably won't hear back until the week after April 30th, so May 3rd at the earliest??

I know the Feb group was probably the last batch. I wonder if any of the Feb/March group will hear back before the April 30th as previous groups were on the waitlist for about a month before some movement.

Based on previous years, probably won't hear back until the week after April 30th, so May 3rd at the earliest??

I know the Feb group was probably the last batch. I wonder if any of the Feb/March group will hear back before the April 30th as previous groups were on the waitlist for about a month before some movement.
I was told on my 2/26 interview that I *should* hear back early April, but basically to expect to be waitlisted lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told on my 2/26 interview that I *should* hear back early April, but basically to expect to be waitlisted lol
I interviewed on 2/9 and was told the same thing (except I'd hear back in mid-March, I think?). But they said to expect to be on the waitlist and made it sound like no one would be accepted directly. They accepted me and it looks like a couple of others as well! So there is definitely hope for those of you still waiting. I hope some of you are pleasantly surprised! :) This whole thing is so hard.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Are you still in limbo? I interviewed a couple of days before you and was waitlisted... was wondering if there will be one more batch of As before the 4/30 deadline movement.

Are you still in limbo? I interviewed a couple of days before you and was waitlisted... was wondering if there will be one more batch of As before the 4/30 deadline movement.
I interviewed 2/26 and am still in limbo

Yup still in limbo, I really hope I get some good news lol