2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey - not sure if you're asking pre or post II but here's their policy on post II (link here)
"It is not necessary to submit additional letters of recommendation, letters of reference, etc., as these will not influence an applicants place on the waitlist. We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office reaffirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont. You can do this via email to [email protected]."

If you are asking pre-II here is their policy (link here)
"Changes in your email, name or other information should be updated in AMCAS. We pull our information from AMCAS so as long as this is updated, we will have your correct information. We do not accept updates, additional letters of recommendation, etc."

Edit: I think just addressing it to the admissions committee is probably a safer bet.
Thanks! I actually just wanted to send a letter of interest post-interview and I have heard it is better to be more specific when addressing letters. But I will look more into it!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
R - this morning, OSS
Good luck to all of you!
UVM is a great school!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Got the boot as well. Has their II szn ended?

Are these rejections slowly rolling out or are they done for the day? Can someone say how much longer they will be sending out II's?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's ok to send the school an email asking about the status on post-II decisions? I interviewed 2/5 and it's already halfway through March.

Anyone out there survived the first few pre-II R waves and hanging onto hope that you are actually in some "maybe" pile???? :D

Reactions: 9 users
Do you think it's ok to send the school an email asking about the status on post-II decisions? I interviewed 2/5 and it's already halfway through March.

I did this a while ago and they gave me a general timeframe for when I'd hear back. I would keep it brief and polite though.

Finally got the pre-II R, complete 8/11, LM 70. As a New England native, this one hurt.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, complete August. Disappointed, I did all my clinical experience at their hospital

• Care
Pre-II R, complete August. Disappointed, I did all my clinical experience at their hospital

Sorry to hear about that. On an unrelated note, great choice of profile picture and name!

• Love
Pre-II R. Submitted the secondary in October. OOS, New Englander.

Pre-II R. OOS, New Englander as well. Best of luck

Got my pre-II R, complete in July. LM 70, OOS. I may be rural, LGBTQ+, and super into snowsports, but the love wasn't mutual haha. Congrats and best of luck to those in the running.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
is there an accepted students day today? Or some type of event?

I was told there would be a series of virtual student events in April. I haven't received any further notice of specific dates

I was told there would be a series of virtual student events in April. I haven't received any further notice of specific dates

I got an email inviting us to watch the March day video this Friday

I got an email inviting us to watch the March day video this Friday

I received that email as well. I was mainly speaking about an accepted students day/second look day earlier. Have you heard anything further about that?

Just got the R. Good luck to those in the running, and congrats to those with A's!

• Care
When are they interviewing until?
Unfortunately, at my February interview when I asked, they said interview season would close in early March and so we could expect to hear back on our decisions in mid-March. Also said almost everyone who isn't rejected would spend at least some time on the waitlist

Unfortunately, at my February interview when I asked, they said interview season would close in early March and so we could expect to hear back on our decisions in mid-March. Also said almost everyone who isn't rejected would spend at least some time on the waitlist
Thanks for letting us know.

If we have not been rejected Pre-II yet and was complete in Aug, is there a still a chance to receive an II here?

Thanks for letting us know.

If we have not been rejected Pre-II yet and was complete in Aug, is there a still a chance to receive an II here?
I'm pretty sure that the first week of March was the final week of interviews (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit: Just looked back a few pages and saw I was correct - first week of March was the last week of interviews. Sorry :( I hope you all have been or will be accepted to some great schools. I'm sure UVM is missing out on some really awesome applicants - it's just so hard with such a big application pool and such limited spots. So don't be down on yourselves! I've been there too with my top choice. I hope to have some of you as colleagues someday, wherever we end up. Okay, pep talk over 😂

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I did this a while ago and they gave me a general timeframe for when I'd hear back. I would keep it brief and polite though.
So it's definitely passed the time frame they specified for admissions decisions for the 2/5 interview date, is it safe to assume that one has been wait listed if they haven't received a decision yet? I need to know if I should start the process of reapplying or not haha

So it's definitely passed the time frame they specified for admissions decisions for the 2/5 interview date, is it safe to assume that one has been wait listed if they haven't received a decision yet? I need to know if I should start the process of reapplying or not haha
I emailed admissions yesterday and they told me that we should expect an answer in the next two weeks 😡

Any waitlisted IS applicants on here? I am wondering if anyone knows the differences between IS and OOS waitlist movement