2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
12 interview invites already or did you decide to spam every forum?

Might be interpreting the tone of your message wrong, but I'd be ecstatic too and post if I was kitkat. Yes, I understand it can be disappointing seeing someone with 12 IIs whereas I am currently at 0. But perhaps take pleasure in seeing others succeed and hope I will have similar fortunes in the future :) The process is already stressful enough, so glass half full :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Might be interpreting the tone of your message wrong, but I'd be ecstatic too and post if I was kitkat. Yes, I understand it can be disappointing seeing someone with 12 IIs whereas I am currently at 0. But perhaps take pleasure in seeing others succeed and hope I will have similar fortunes in the future :) The process is already stressful enough, so glass half full :)
Personally I find 12 IIs at this point in the cycle extremely hard to believe. It's rare to have even gotten that many by the end of the cycle. But, if true, congratulations to the poster.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally I find 12 IIs at this point in the cycle extremely hard to believe. It's rare to have even gotten that many by the end of the cycle. But, if true, congratulations to the poster.
Oh I totally believe it. I have 3 and my LizzyM is lower. All of the schools they've listed have released several interviews and they absolutely have the stats that tend to warrant an interview in the first wave...plus they seem to have submitted all their secondaries pretty darn early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for spamming. i didn't want to post on the same day for anonymity. but i want the data to be available for future/current applicants.
Congratulations to you, no shame for posting IIs!

Reactions: 2 users
12 II's to all top schools?

Did you cure cancer? Or are you an Olympic gold medalist with 7 1st author publications in Nature?

Theyre a high stat urm. It’s not unreasonable that schools r showering them with IIs

Reactions: 4 users
Is it possible that schools sending out more IIs to URMs early in the cycle?

Yes, schools don't send ll out by order of when you submit they prioritize high stats, urm, and legacy first. With a big emphasis on urm. A high state urm is very coveted and schools will jump at the chance to interview them. So I totally believe it my friend was a high stats black male last cycle and received 15 ll by august. Lizzy M has a post saying how schools choose to interview applicants.

Do you mind linking her post? I can't seem to find it

Incoming neurotic question lol... does the status change from "Your application is ready." to "...under review" when someone begins reading it?

Just noticing that some schools have different ways of phrasing this, anyone know if it means anything at all?
Late reply but I was looking for the answer to this question too lol. I submitted 7/22 but my status is just "Your application is ready" which suggests that they it's changed by someone. I was really stressed because I heard high stats are prioritized, which meant my app might've been read and passed up if it was pushed up the priority queue. Makes me feel better because maybe I haven't been passed up--they just haven't reached my app yet!

Last edited:
Late reply but I was looking for the answer to this question too lol. I submitted 7/22 but my status is just "Your application is ready" which suggests that they it's changed by someone. I was really stressed because I heard high stats are prioritized, which meant my app might've been read and passed up if it was pushed up the priority queue. Makes me feel better because maybe I haven't been passed up--they just haven't reached my app yet!
My app status still says "Your application is ready", and I received an II in mid-August. It never changed.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, schools don't send ll out by order of when you submit they prioritize high stats, urm, and legacy first. With a big emphasis on urm. A high state urm is very coveted and schools will jump at the chance to interview them. So I totally believe it my friend was a high stats black male last cycle and received 15 ll by august. Lizzy M has a post saying how schools choose to interview applicants.
what is considered a high stat URM?

Have any MSTPs interviewing Sept 15-16 gotten any info on the schedule or logistics yet?

Members don't see this ad :)

I can't seem to find this post about how school choose to give out IIs. Would you mind linking?

II! Can't believe it, this is my top choice!
LM 75

EDIT: I received the invite last week

Last edited:
Did Pritzker say anything about if it is ok to send ty notes? I know that some schools say they don't want them.

II just now. OOS, ORM. LM 80. Complete 8/7

does anyone know what the dress code is for the social? I'm assuming casual?

what's the general consensus on activities updates- the portal says they "welcome them" - is it reasonable to update on new jobs etc while waiting to hear back post secondary?

For those that interviewed already, do they give anything post interview? Their website seems to just show the schedule ending after your interviews (no end presentation or anything).

II a few mins ago! OOS, LM 67. Complete 9/19.

Reactions: 11 users
For those that interviewed already, do they give anything post interview? Their website seems to just show the schedule ending after your interviews (no end presentation or anything).
Yes there was a session with current students after the last interview

Does anyone think they will send out some acceptances on Oct. 15? Or do I remember reading that they are starting in November this year?

II yesterday!!! Beyond excited. One of my top choices. LizzyM 79, OOS, ORM

anyone know the acceptance rate of interviewees? And I’m planning on scheduling a month from now. Is that bad or should I do earlier?

Sorry to hear that there were rejections. Were these sent by email? I just checked my portal and didn't see anything. But at the same time, I haven't heard back about II yet.

Complete 7/20 and nothing yet.