2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could someone clarify what the GroupMe and Facebook groups are? Are they specifically for UTHSC alternates?
The GroupMe and Facebook groups are in reference to the admitted students groups. The numbers aren't exactly right, but they help paint a better picture of how waitlist movement will proceed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called/emailed to ask if there has been any waitlist movement?
At this point, I feel like I have pestered them a lot with emails and calls, that any more from my end would reflect poorly on me. The last I talked to anyone was last Monday and they said they've started, but I don't really know if they are still waiting for their numbers to level out for the first few weeks before they start pulling from the alternate list. I think everyone at this point whose on the alternate list here is probably antsy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, I feel like I have pestered them a lot with emails and calls, that any more from my end would reflect poorly on me. The last I talked to anyone was last Monday and they said they've started, but I don't really know if they are still waiting for their numbers to level out for the first few weeks before they start pulling from the alternate list. I think everyone at this point whose on the alternate list here is probably antsy.
Ha yes antsy is an understatement. I'm borderline neurotic lol

I called today, and they said they would be starting to take people off the waitlist starting next week. They are still organizing everything this week.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone called/emailed to ask if there has been any waitlist movement?
I emailed them this past Monday to ask about predicted waitlist movement in general (whether they expected to accept a number of candidates from the alternate list or if the class is pretty much full at the moment with little movement expected) but have not received a response.

I emailed them this past Monday to ask about predicted waitlist movement in general (whether they expected to accept a number of candidates from the alternate list or if the class is pretty much full at the moment with little movement expected) but have not received a response.
I know it’s typically about 60/200 accepted, but who knows after a COVID application cycle.

Anyone else hear anything today? I feel like something might have happened since the reported acceptance yesterday, but they might also be waiting until next week like @rumba73 mentioned earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, today has been quite quiet surprisingly! I hope this is the calm before the storm.

Reactions: 3 users
Well, needless to say today was a big letdown... I know @rumba73 said that they planned for this week. So in the off chance it happened yesterday or today, did the numbers for either the Facebook or GroupMe change?

Well, needless to say today was a big letdown... I know @rumba73 said that they planned for this week. So in the off chance it happened yesterday or today, did the numbers for either the Facebook or GroupMe change?
150 FB, still 121 GM

Got an acceptance call earlier today! Best of luck to you all, sending good vibes!

Also got an acceptance call today! They called at around 1

Reactions: 2 users
congrats everyone who got a call today!! would anyone that did mind sharing stats?

Congrats to both of you!! I can't even imagine how exciting that must be! Today has been another long day of waiting for me and I just wish they would let us know our relative rankings. I feel like that would bring me a lot of peace of mind..

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything about application reviews? I don't want to wait until the end of the summer to reapply to other schools but I'd like to meet with Dr. Fulton before I submit AMCAS again.

This difference between the GroupMe and Facebook is giving me anxiety.... So anywhere from 4-40 seats remaining by that estimate....

Last edited:
I’m on the waitlist too, and I’m super anxious. Do they call you rather than send an email? When will they let us know that there isn’t any more spots from the waitlist?

Hi! Was recently accepted and just wondering how I can join the groupme and facebook page? Thank you so much!

I’m on the waitlist too, and I’m super anxious. Do they call you rather than send an email? When will they let us know that there isn’t any more spots from the waitlist?
They will call for acceptances. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll hear about spots being completely full and the waitlist closing until very close to the start date at the beginning of August

I’ve sent a letter of intent and two updates over a 2 month period, so I’m done contacting from my side unless another huge update occurs. I thought about getting someone to send a letter of support, but I’m not sure since they don’t connect to UTHSC

I’ve sent a letter of intent and two updates over a 2 month period, so I’m done contacting from my side unless another huge update occurs. I thought about getting someone to send a letter of support, but I’m not sure since they don’t connect to UTHSC
I feel… I sent an update and just wish I knew where I ranked

I feel… I sent an update and just wish I knew where I ranked
same, also have they still not filled their class ?? 130/170 (if that’s fairly accurate) is insanely low to be this far into may... you’d think it’d be drop one/take one at this point

same, also have they still not filled their class ?? 130/170 (if that’s fairly accurate) is insanely low to be this far into may... you’d think it’d be drop one/take one at this point
How can you see its 137?

Any movement or news? ... My hope for this cycle is slowly but surely dying....

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I just officially withdrew from UT today. Hopefully, one of you will get my spot!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just got the acceptance call a few minutes ago!! I was not expecting it at all at this point in the cycle, so it was a very pleasant surprise!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users