2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is the Downstate "Commit to Enroll" deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp
F4052A87-FD23-4DE5-AF89-CF6CC04DEA32.jpeg

Reactions: 14 users
a few ppl dropped their A the other day and its been silent since hmmmmmmm hello DS give the A's!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! Am on alternate list and see that it says to send transcripts - does Downstate not already have that through AMCAS?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm hoping to get a decision back by the first week of June. Their "4-8 weeks" timeline will be up by then for me, before I really lose it lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A at 6:55 PM Est!!

Interviewed: 1/4/21
Waitlisted: 4/21/21

Best of luck to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Just got the A at 6:55 PM Est!!

Interviewed: 1/4/21
Waitlisted: 4/21/21

Best of luck to everyone else!
Congratulations!!!! and hi welcome to SDN! just wanted to know if you sent an updates or LOI since your place on the AL?

Congratulations!!!! and hi welcome to SDN! just wanted to know if you sent an updates or LOI since your place on the AL?
Haha nope, I didn't send any updates or anything. Praying you guys hear back soon!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like theres an inverse relationship between updates sent and acceptances received :(

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
low-key....@ anyone that has gotten A's here, did you have any other A's anywhere else before DS accepted you off the Alternate list?

aka were you a free agent haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
low-key....@ anyone that has gotten A's here, did you have any other A's anywhere else before DS accepted you off the Alternate list?

Yup I was accepted to another school in early April before receiving the A to Downstate on May 1

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where or to whom we are supposed to send our proof of USA citizenship to?? Is it just the [email protected] email? I can't find the info in the portal.

I had an A, but hadn't "plan to enroll" yet for it. Maybe DS thought I was a free agent

• Hmm
sent my health records to downstate like 3 weeks ago and radio silence. About to go talk to Mr Downstate

Did you just email PDFs of the records? I did that yesterday but now I'm wondering if I was supposed to have my PCP send them directly or something.
I did PDF records, still waiting for the check mark. Those records have doc’s e-signature on it so idk why they wouldn’t accept it.

I also think student health is not as responsive as the admissions email so they could just be behind

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it takes for fin aid to roll in after getting an A?

Anyone know why downstate isn't ranked?
ranking on websites like usnews are unreliable. they create rankings based on any data they can receive from med schools/ retrieve from online. so, if they don't find any on a school, they most likely will not rank the school

check out this link as it explains it better: Why You Shouldn't Trust US News College Rankings.

also, check out msar or even better, the medical school's website, to get an understanding of the success rate of students matching into residency/ performance on Step exams! rankings are unreliable unless you do the research and rank yourself!

Withdrew recently, good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Still haven’t heard post II and just want the A so bad!! 😢

Yup, I had another A before getting the A from downstate
thank you for letting us know! were you PTE'd at this other school?

i'm just tryna see if there is a pattern in sending out A's to people who already have an A and are PTE'd compared to people who dont have anything.

Last edited:
I looked on the Upstate thread (where i was rejected post-I lolll) and someone from admissions said students on the Alt list wouldn’t see anything until the end of the month-first week of june. maybe Downstate will be similar

or maybe I’m completely delusional

Reactions: 8 users
For those who were accepted, how long did it take for the criminal background check to be completed on the pre-matrix checklist?

thank you for letting us know! were you PTE'd at this other school?

i'm just tryna see if there is a pattern in sending out A's to people who already have an A and are PTE'd compared to people who dont have anything.
Yes, I was PTE at the other school

• Care
Reactions: 1 users