2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my health forms on 5/7 and got the received email just now
Is your checklist up to date? I got a reply back when I submitted, but nothing on checklist.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for linking this!! Should we be doing the exam and skills option? or the 2 day course for the class of 2021? Do we need ACLS and PALS as well?
I did the below because if you look closely, the "class of 2021" says it's for "Class of 2021 and incoming PGY1 Residents"

Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR|AED - EXAM AND SKILLS

Reactions: 1 user
If I am sending an update letter with spring grades, can it be the same format as my update for fall grades? How did people who sent multiple updates do it?

Would any other accepted folks be down to join an unofficial GroupMe? I have questions about prematric/housing stuff that I don’t want to keep posting on SDN and I’m sure other people do too.... I am a bit frustrated with the lack of official student pages/ways to communicate from Downstate and want to speak to future classmates 😭

Reactions: 1 users
Would any other accepted folks be down to join an unofficial GroupMe? I have questions about prematric/housing stuff that I don’t want to keep posting on SDN and I’m sure other people do too.... I am a bit frustrated with the lack of official student pages/ways to communicate from Downstate and want to speak to future classmates 😭
Yeah you know what you’re right. Here’s the unofficial groupme
You're invited to my new group 'Downstate Class of 2025 unofficial' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I did the below because if you look closely, the "class of 2021" says it's for "Class of 2021 and incoming PGY1 Residents"

Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR|AED - EXAM AND SKILLS
How long was the course?

Does anyone know if it's mandatory to get the COVID vaccine for when we're attending school in-person?

Does anyone know if it's mandatory to get the COVID vaccine for when we're attending school in-person?
Yes, they sent an e-mail about it. They require it for the matriculant clearance process now.

Hey all, I emailed all the required health forms on 05/19 and I haven't heard back. I emailed again and called but got absolute radio silence. How long does it take to be marked as complete? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any WL movement here recently? Have to CTE at another school soon and really wanted to go to SUNY.

Reactions: 2 users
Any accepted students have any insight to number of spots remaining?

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all, I emailed all the required health forms on 05/19 and I haven't heard back. I emailed again and called but got absolute radio silence. How long does it take to be marked as complete? Thanks.
I have no idea, but if it helps i sent in my docs on 05/02 and havent heard back. so I would assume it wont be a while for you either ;/

Btw if by 7/1 I'm not accepted, I don't have to do the BLS yet right?

Post interview rejections right now. Smfh.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just received an admissions decsion- AL. (interview in April). They said that the class is full

post II R just now 4:59 pm. still balling my eyes out.

IS. September Interview

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Alt List at 4:51!!!
Interviewed 3/16

Last edited:
People actually get rejected after being placed on the waitlist?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Post II R. Alt on 4/21 and interviewed 1/7. Good luck everybody!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Alt list this afternoon. Int in April. Will likely be declining.

did anyone get an acceptance today? off the waitlist or hearing for the first time?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
People actually get rejected after being placed on the waitlist?

still on alt here. interviewed in jan. I’m glad I looked at the thread today (i’ve been cutting back on reading this lol) because now I know not to get my little hopes up if I get a “portal change” email from downstate!!

Submitted my health documents yesterday morning and got it all checked off on the portal today at 8 am

Trying to upload a letter of intent; for those who've done so, under which category did you upload it?
I'm not sure if I should choose 'Additional Documents' or 'Continued Interest'

Trying to upload a letter of intent; for those who've done so, under which category did you upload it?
I'm not sure if I should choose 'Additional Documents' or 'Continued Interest'
I chose Continued Interest and made sure to put the document name as Letter of Intent or Continued Intent