2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HOLY ****ING ****!!! A TODAY!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH
CONGRATS!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!
mind answering if you were IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ugh I feel like theres no hope for me anymore...
i have like 10% of hope left but moving on and looking forward to the next cycle has been a relief from the "oh **** im not getting in" grief. Not submitting until june 1st tho because... maybe downstate will pull thru??

Y’all we gotta be optimistic
If you look at other years, people got off the AL in June and even July!! Gotta manifest a massive A wave together

Reactions: 8 users
1622147546632.gif

live footage of me praying to the adcom gods

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Downstate, please bless those who have not received the A elsewhere

Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know the size for the 2025 class? I think a reasonable expectation/comparison can be drawn from the current facebook group member number.

Does anyone know the size for the 2025 class? I think a reasonable expectation/comparison can be drawn from the current facebook group member number.
I’ve always thought Downstate’s class size has been ~200 in previous years. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Downstate playing with my feelings rn. They should outright just send me a rejection instead of giving me hope and despair at the same time.

Downstate playing with my feelings rn. They should outright just send me a rejection instead of giving me hope and despair at the same time.
Why does it feel like I am in a toxic relationship with my ex. I know I'm not treated right, ignored, and anything but the first choice. But if I was given an ounce of attention I'd be crawling back

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Why does it feel like I am in a toxic relationship with my ex. I know I'm not treated right, ignored, and anything but the first choice. But if I was given an ounce of attention I'd be crawling back
sounds like my current relationship /s

Reactions: 5 users
no, haven't heard anything from my 4 WL :'(

why are they playing us like this
Idk why (probably the increased number of applicants this year or hesitancy to over accept) but I feel like there's less movement overall at schools than in the past

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe there will be a wave today after the long weekend and going into the new month?
I'm praying because I'm ready to drop a grand on primaries... and if im getting in i would love to know lol

Lol I feel you. Btw, you can send your primary to just one school for verification before adding more. I'm going to send mine this week once I finish my PS and that's the plan for me anyway.
oof i completely forgot about that!!! thats what i'll probably end up doing juustttt in case

For what it’s worth, I’ve had to send multiple emails to various people saying I will not attend after they’ve sent me notices for enrollment. I’ve asked multiple times to be removed from their mailing list and kept getting notifications.
I’m trying to give away my seat but they won’t let me 😅

For what it’s worth, I’ve had to send multiple emails to various people saying I will not attend after they’ve sent me notices for enrollment. I’ve asked multiple times to be removed from their mailing list and kept getting notifications.
I’m trying to give away my seat but they won’t let me 😅
bless your soul

Reactions: 2 users
Lol I feel you. Btw, you can send your primary to just one school for verification before adding more. I'm going to send mine this week once I finish my PS and that's the plan for me anyway.
is it better to send primary to one school for now and do the rest later or send all of em like next week?

Anyone who's done the health clearance know whether we need all 3 lab tests for hepB? I tried calling and emailing but they never seem to be available.

If you're ready now, I think you might as well submit the one in order to get your primary verified ASAP and buy yourself a little time in case you get the A before then. Your application would probably be verified by around next week anyway (AMCAS is only 4 days behind processing as of right now, so maybe like 7 days for applications submitted today). I hope none of us end up having to go thru this again in any case... 🤞
never knew this last year. I just sent everything out thinking that they need time to process for every school.

is there an accepted students discord or FB group or groupme? I noticed earlier in the thread there was a FB group that wasn't the right one?

Praying for Downstate to pull through this week with an A

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
for those with A... for the BLS course (for the prematric checklist), how did yall sign up? O_O

Saw so many notifications on sdn and literally my heart skipped a beat thinking there was movement. Sigh

So just wanted to verify with other people I still haven’t heard post-II and I believe they said at the student panel on 4/2 they would give a decision within 60 days so that would be tomorrow right?
thinking if I don’t hear antything by tomorrow I should reach out haha

also so thankful for this thread everyone is really just so nice and supportive hoping it works out for everyone!! 😊

Dang, yeah I don't think AMCAS makes it very clear, but you only need verification for the one school and the rest are instantaneous as you add them (although you technically have to "resubmit" each time). Also I should add that if you qualify for FAP, don't submit primaries to any schools until the award hits, or else I think you'll be disqualified.
Really? I'm applying for FAP right now and I was planning to submit my primary on Thursday(I think FAP comes back next week).

And for adding the schools I just have to pay the 20ish dollars per school after the first one right?

Oh wow, you haven't heard at all (including WL)? I think today actually marks the 60th day since then if my math is correct, so I would def think about giving a call tomorrow. Hope you hear soon fam, maybe tonight? 👀:xf:
Ya nothing at all including waitlist!! Not a single word I’m so confused at this point lol
Yaaaa that’s what I’m thinking tomorrow if I don’t hear anything tonight (which isn’t looking promising lol) I’m definitely gonna give them a call
Maybe they’ll just be a giant A wave later tonight that’s the dream

Reactions: 3 users
For accepted students, how long did it take for the study styles inventory to be checked off on the pre-matric checklist?

does anyone know if downstate has established an official calendar? Or when the white coat ceremony is?

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew from AL. I hope it turns into an A for those who are still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
does anyone know if downstate has established an official calendar? Or when the white coat ceremony is?
I emailed student affairs asking about the white coat and will post whatever response I get here

FYI: any OOS applying for NYS residency--chase will notarize documents for free!

mine still hasn't been checked and I did it 2+ weeks ago
got this response from admissions "As far as your background check and study style inventory requirement once we run our internal report on applicants that completed those requirements we will mark it as complete on your check list." I just took a screenshot of the completed page and kept it for my records.