2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you get accepted off the WL recently?
No, I was accepted in April and never placed on the WL. This is the first time I've ever posted haha I haven't used SDN that much

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
there is but u need ur net id to join it and i dont think theyve sent them out yet but i wouldnt know i only recently got accepted
I think it took my email like a week to come in... check your junk folder because mine went there first. Do you mind me asking what to search for keywords wise, or where to find it?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone accepted, can you access your email yet? I used the email format they gave and my NetID password, like it said in those videos they sent us, and it won’t work.

I think it took my email like a week to come in... check your junk folder because mine went there first. Do you mind me asking what to search for keywords wise, or where to find it?
what kind of information is included in the email you received? Im just wondering if i missed something because i never got any additional information about anything from downstate ever since i was accepted. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
been so quiet recently! do we think there's been movement but just not on Sdn or just no movement at all?

Reactions: 4 users
post april-30th A's, have you guys received your financial aid yet?

been so quiet recently! do we think there's been movement but just not on Sdn or just no movement at all?
Over the past two cycles, they seemed to have A waves mid to late May so I’m hoping that no movement rn means a lot of movement soon

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those sharing the link to the Facebook group:

The "SUNY Downstate Medical Center Class of 2025" Facebook group is not the FB group for our medical school class. That FB group is an unofficial one for people graduating in 2025 from different concentrations of study across Downstate (i.e. nursing, PA, etc.) to join. The official Downstate COM class of 2025 FB group has not been created yet. According to the admissions team, the official Downstate COM 2025 group will be created soon and they'll send an email about it (I contacted them asking about this).

Additionally, there is a second FB group called "SUNY Downstate College of Medicine class of 2025." It has six people at the moment. That one is not the official one either. Seems that it was created by some incoming MS1s.

Last edited:

The "SUNY Downstate Medical Center Class of 2025" Facebook group is not the FB group for our medical school class. That FB group is an unofficial one for people graduating in 2025 from different concentrations of study across Downstate (i.e. nursing, PA, etc.) to join. The official Downstate COM class of 2025 FB group has not been created yet. According to the admissions team, the official Downstate COM 2025 group will be created soon and they'll send an email about it (I contacted them asking about this).

Additionally, there is a second FB group called "SUNY Downstate College of Medicine class of 2025." It has six people at the moment. That one is not the official one either. Seems that it was created by some incoming MS1s.
Thank you for this 😭

Reactions: 1 users

Thank u!!! :)

Hey everyone, I’m trying to get into Downstate’s OT program for this year and I was told that their admissions process is pretty tough. A current student also told me that their having some serious issues with their program chair and that she regrets coming to this program because of her serious attitude issues!
Does anyone have any useful info to share?

Sooo anyone else not hear anything yet still? Every night I get so hopeful we’ll hear but seems like it might be another quiet night :(

Sooo anyone else not hear anything yet still? Every night I get so hopeful we’ll hear but seems like it might be another quiet night :(
Havent heard anything. I’m hoping it’s cause there’s gonna be an A wave like in prior years, I think 2018-2019 it started May 15th but 2019-2020 it was a little later in the month

Havent heard anything. I’m hoping it’s cause there’s gonna be an A wave like in prior years, I think 2018-2019 it started May 15th but 2019-2020 it was a little later in the month
Are you on the waitlist or just still haven’t heard at all post II

Oh gotchu I still haven’t heard at all post II it’s just so strange haha but hoping for the best for both of us!! 😊
I saw a few people from last year post that they got an A after not being put on the WL, hoping that rings true this year too :)

Oh gotchu I still haven’t heard at all post II it’s just so strange haha but hoping for the best for both of us!! 😊
Same. Haven't heard anything since my student interview. Regular interview was 3/8.

Really hoping to get positive news.

hey you!

yes, you who is anxiously refreshing this thread and scrolling to see the most recent posts at all hours of the day.

it’s going to be ok! take a nice deep breath. appreciate this moment and all you have accomplished up to this point. you’re great!

*me writing this in the midst of my own panic 😬*

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
where are you guys getting your bls certifications?
Last year they requested I get the AHA bls when i initially submitted the red cross cert! And they accepted my AHA cert this year as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been able to get any of the health stuff checked off? Or is it very backed up?

Idk bout yall but I’m feeling sometime next week. I feel like they’re lying low for the weekend

Alternate WL at 1:30pm. Interviewed 03/02. Really praying for this A!

Reactions: 3 users
AL today as well, interviewed on 3/4, I’m not sure if I’m gonna withdraw yet :/

AL today as well, interviewed on 3/4, I’m not sure if I’m gonna withdraw yet :/
WLgang with 0 As would like to make a kind request... jk, do as you think is right but remember your A-less brethren are desperate...

• Haha
When the major wave was!! End of April!
LM 68! I wish you all this excitement, hope you all hear back soon ❤️
I wonder if the 4/21 WL is like highpriority... im on the one so I hope so but idk... doubt it is tbh

I like how the AL wave from April is moving up to A, but we are not hearing anything for the Feb interviews part of that April AL!!!! DS, pls send us some love tooo

Reactions: 3 users