2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
received a call after fully convincing myself that i was rejected. best of luck everyone and please don't give up hope !!!!! y'all are going to be A++ doctors because y'all are kind, dedicated, and smart peeps!!! sending <3
Congratulations!! That’s 5:40 PM Utah time! I’m wondering how late they will be doing calls or sending emails!

Members don't see this ad.

received a call after fully convincing myself that i was rejected. best of luck everyone and please don't give up hope !!!!! y'all are going to be A++ doctors because y'all are kind, dedicated, and smart peeps!!! sending <3

When did you interview?

nvm. I see that you interviewed 8/21. I probably didn't get in then

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! do we have to commit within two weeks or what does that mean?!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m not sure if the school will be making any acceptance calls tomorrow or just sending rejections. Good luck everyone!

For those who were accepted (congratulations by the way!!!), what were your stats if you don't mind me asking? :) Including clinical hours!

For those who were accepted (congratulations by the way!!!), what were your stats if you don't mind me asking? :) Including clinical hours!
Just got the acceptance call this afternoon. My stats are 507 MCAT (127/128/125/127), 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, about 500 clinical hours, probably about 2000 research hours (and counting), about 2000 leadership.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance call this afternoon. My stats are 507 MCAT (127/128/125/127), 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, about 500 clinical hours, probably about 2000 research hours (and counting), about 2000 leadership.

Wow! Those are awesome stats :) Congratulations!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Got the call at 6pm MST. Interviewed 8/24.

I dont think anyone would know that, unfortunately. I am assuming that if we didn't get called yesterday that we got the big R

Received an II for Utah! Anyone who has interviewed, will you let me know how it went/your thoughts and advice. Thank you :)

Received an II for Utah! Anyone who has interviewed, will you let me know how it went/your thoughts and advice. Thank you :)
The interview was very relaxed. Definitely some stimulating questions but nothing that threw me for a loop. The interview made me incredibly excited to attend this school. The interviewers made me feel like they really wanted to get to know me and my experiences. Just be yourself!

For anyone still waiting, they called me with an acceptance!!!! They are still doing calls today! There is still hope!!!

Be yourself and have a conversation with the interviewers (there will be 2 at the same time). Know that they accept 80 percent of the people that they Interview. Make a good argument for why you want to be a DO, know why you want to apply to RVU, and know that they have read your personal statement, secondary application, and activities! Good luck!

Me too. If they accept 80% of those they interview then I must have bombed the interview. I dont feel like I did but, I dont know

It's been awhile since I interviewed. But if I remember right that 80% acceptance rate includes people accepted later off the waitlist.

Either way good luck with everything and I hope you get some good news soon!

The interview was very relaxed. Definitely some stimulating questions but nothing that threw me for a loop. The interview made me incredibly excited to attend this school. The interviewers made me feel like they really wanted to get to know me and my experiences. Just be yourself!
Perfect. Thank you so much!! I’m very excited.

Just got an email saying I was rejected (declined an interview). I'm pretty discouraged because of my stats and experience (512, 3.89) and I even knew somebody on the admissions committee... now I'm paranoid about other schools

• Sad
Just got an email saying I was rejected (declined an interview). I'm pretty discouraged because of my stats and experience (512, 3.89) and I even knew somebody on the admissions committee... now I'm paranoid about other schools
+1, SAME. I had ties to the school through a faculty member and to the area with close family on my side and my wife’s side, and I’m an in-state applicant. Oh well.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Anyone know if the 3.0 GPA minimum a hard cutoff for this school or do they take SMP GPA into consideration as well?

SAME!!! OMG I CRIED AND CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! SCARED ITS A FLUKE LMAOOOOOOO but she basically said everything is due before January 1st (deposits, immunizations, etc) and our portal should update by Friday where we can find the matriculation letter. I WAS SHOCKED AAAAHHHHH!!! but CONGRATS!!!
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking

When was your file complete? Does anyone know how long it takes between a "file complete" status and an interview invite (or rejection)?

When was your file complete? Does anyone know how long it takes between a "file complete" status and an interview invite (or rejection)?
I was complete on 8/21. And it still says "file complete" on my portal, no "declined" or anything... praying it is a fluke but not keeping my hopes up

sorry to hear that! With those stats I’m sure you will have plenty of opportunities with other schools.

I don’t know how receptive they are to giving feedback, but you could reach out and ask if there is anything to improve on or that caused concern.

I never posted after, but I did end up getting accepted. Interviewed 8/19

Reactions: 5 users
verified on AACOMAS a week ago. how long was the turn around time for the acknowledgment/secondary fee payment email?

verified on AACOMAS a week ago. how long was the turn around time for the acknowledgment/secondary fee payment email?

I was complete in AACOMAS in early June, got the secondary payment/supplemental in early July, and my interview invite about a month after that.

For those of you accepted, can you message me privately so that we can all get to know each other? Like on Instagram or Facebook or something

how long after being marked completed did you guys hear back? I submitted 9/8 still not completed

Interviewing this coming Monday! For those who interviewed, on my portal it says that the interview will be a 40 minute conversational type interview with two faculty or staff. Can anyone attest to how this went down?

Mine lasted 40 minutes and was very relaxed. Just asked about my life experiences etc

how long after being marked complete did you receive an interview invite?