2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Woo hoo!! APS portal change this morning!!!!! From the Q&A a week ago it sounds like most will get off the APS list this year as people shuffle around!

Reactions: 3 users
APS portal change this AM! Still no email, but I’m so excited for this opportunity!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I am on the APS list!! Man I was having my doubts, good luck to everyone on APS/WL.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
My portal just changed to APS!! Yasss!! Congrats everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if APS can join the FB group just so we know what’s going on and can connect with potential classmates!

Woo hoo!! APS portal change this morning!!!!! From the Q&A a week ago it sounds like most will get off the APS list this year as people shuffle around!
Did you get a call as well for APS? Or just a portal change? :) I haven’t checked yet x/

Members don't see this ad :)
*sigh* do you think people on the WL will have to wait till the next rounds of interviews are over?

Sounds like it, the aps sounds like another form of waitlist 🙄
The APS is not another form of waitlist. While yes you are waiting for a spot in this year's class if there is not a spot for you then you are automatically put into next year's class. Accepted either way.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been complete now for 3 weeks. How long does it usually take to hear about an interview invite?

I’m not 100% positive yet tbh so this is going to be a loaded answer I’m waiting to hear back from my top choice in March and I’m also interviewing at BCOM in February and I’m interested in their program. Right now with the concrete options I have, I’m going to ARCOM :)
did you interview in person?

Hi guys! Did anyone get pulled off of APS yet?
Nope.. I’m hoping we all get pulled off APS though!! I wonder if they are still interviewing more people for it or if it’s just a small group of us on APS

I haven't either but it's only been a week for me. I was under the impression that it could take months, so fingers crossed!🤞
Nope.. I’m hoping we all get pulled off APS though!! I wonder if they are still interviewing more people for it or if it’s just a small group of us on APS
Did you guys attend the zoom session today for APS students? or the student ambassador q&a? I am wondering what happened at the q&a session.

Oh shoot I missed it. Anyone attend the APS zoom session and can share info from it?

So the class is already full? It's been 2+ months since I submitted my secondary and everything else and my app is still showing "applicant" instead of "complete" which makes me want my $60 back.

I missed the most recent one, but attended the Q&A on 1/26. I def think the ones ran by admissions will be more useful though @bhadbaybee

I missed the most recent one, but attended the Q&A on 1/26. I def think the ones ran by admissions will be more useful though @bhadbaybee
Could you send the link to me please? Cause I had it but now that they’ve put me on the alternate list, it has disappeared.

Could you send the link to me please? Cause I had it but now that they’ve put me on the alternate list, it has disappeared.
I think those Q&As are specifically for APS applicants. If there’s an upcoming Q&A it’ll be posted with the zoom link on your MyVista Portal.

Can any current students speak on what it’s like to live in Crimson Cliffs student housing? It doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of availability and I’ve e-mailed them a few times but they’re pretty unhelpful if I’m honest. I worry that I won’t be able to get an apartment if I don’t put in an application now but the cycle isn’t over yet

Can any current students speak on what it’s like to live in Crimson Cliffs student housing? It doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of availability and I’ve e-mailed them a few times but they’re pretty unhelpful if I’m honest. I worry that I won’t be able to get an apartment if I don’t put in an application now but the cycle isn’t over yet
Not a current student but from the last ambassador Q&A, one of the ambassadors stated that 2nd years will find out where they'll be doing their rotations sometime in March. With that being said, I think there will be more availability afterward as students prepare to leave, etc.

Not a current student but from the last ambassador Q&A, one of the ambassadors stated that 2nd years will find out where they'll be doing their rotations sometime in March. With that being said, I think there will be more availability afterward as students prepare to leave, etc.
Thank you!! Super helpful.

Does anyone know how many people are on the APS list for this campus? Getting worried about not hearing back since apparently some people have been pulled off.

Does anyone know how many people are on the APS list for this campus? Getting worried about not hearing back since apparently some people have been pulled off.
Already? Thats surprising. Since we were some of the first people placed on it. But once the date in April comes when people have to commit to schools I feel like movement will happen then.

Already? Thats surprising. Since we were some of the first people placed on it. But once the date in April comes when people have to commit to schools I feel like movement will happen then.
When is that date? and is that for MD schools also?

Could somebody inform me what I missed on today’s Q&A? Any updates on APS movement? I missed the meeting because I got the second vaccine dose and felt all the really bad side effects 10 Hours after. Slept right through the meeting

Could somebody inform me what I missed on today’s Q&A? Any updates on APS movement? I missed the meeting because I got the second vaccine dose and felt all the really bad side effects 10 Hours after. Slept right through the meeting
Just dealt with first dose side effects & can't begin to imagine second dose side effects...not really any new info from Q&A session today. It seemed like it was hinted at that there won't be as much APS movement this year, but that was very briefly mentioned and not brought back up. Mostly just reaffirming that everything is up in the air and no real way to predict what will happen this cycle, which makes sense. Part of me is thinking more people are interviewing at more schools and putting down multiple deposits so there could be lots of movement but on the other hand, I also know RVUCOM was one of the few schools that waived the MCAT this year meaning many accepted RVUCOM students may not even have another option.
Also, it was mentioned that the last batch of APS status students will be hearing back soon.

Praying for more movement, but this cycle has definitely been a challenging one.

Just dealt with first dose side effects & can't begin to imagine second dose side effects...not really any new info from Q&A session today. It seemed like it was hinted at that there won't be as much APS movement this year, but that was very briefly mentioned and not brought back up. Mostly just reaffirming that everything is up in the air and no real way to predict what will happen this cycle, which makes sense. Part of me is thinking more people are interviewing at more schools and putting down multiple deposits so there could be lots of movement but on the other hand, I also know RVUCOM was one of the few schools that waived the MCAT this year meaning many accepted RVUCOM students may not even have another option.
Also, it was mentioned that the last batch of APS status students will be hearing back soon.

Praying for more movement, but this cycle has definitely been a challenging one.
Yeah I felt a little discouraged about it seeming like they don’t think there will be much more movement happening for APS students this year but it’s true that you never know. Guess will just have to wait and see! I glanced at the RVUCOM Colorado forum and saw they are increasing their class size by 50 people.. wish they would do that at Utah too!

Is the APS list ranked? If not, how does the movement happen then?

Does anyone know if we would need to arrange our own 3rd/ 4th year rotations here? Looks like we might have to arrange our own 4th year

Is the APS list ranked? If not, how does the movement happen then?
They said at the Q&A it is not ranked. When pulling a candidate off the list to fill the open seat, they look at various factors such as the day you were placed on the list, comments from your interviewers, etc. basically look at your file again. Based on this admissions said theres no way to gauge whether you’d be pulled of the list next or how soon in the coming future..

Does anyone know if we would need to arrange our own 3rd/ 4th year rotations here? Looks like we might have to arrange our own 4th year
I asked about this in my interview. What I was told is that we choose our top few location preferences (likely based off of their elective rotation availabilities), and are usually given/matched our first or second choice. You can also try to stay in St. George, but most people will go either somewhere else in UT or AZ. I was told that we can also trade with people at the CO campus locations too, so it would be possible to end up in CO as well!