2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How strict are they with their LOR requirements? I have two science faculty members and a DO physician

Members don't see this ad.

How strict are they with their LOR requirements? I have two science faculty members and a DO physician
unfortunately they are very strict. i would try getting a 3rd LOR from a science or non-science professor.
it’s only August so you have time.

That's a big jump in score, but if you can get it, go for it. You should still apply in the meantime and update adcoms with your new score. 508 MCAT helped me get 6 acceptances, so a 510 will certainly make odds of something similar go up a lot

Also 508 MCAT. Curious as to your other stats. Feel free to PM. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive any correspondence after paying the $75? Or even a II?

Anyone receive any correspondence after paying the $75? Or even a II?
None at all. I have emailed admissions about LORs and that’s it. I think at some online meeting they said IIs would start being send out in September. Not sure if anyone else remembers hearing that?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys: quick clarification on the PCOM osteopathic school prompt: "What one aspect of the PCOM Georgia community resonates with your personality and values?" are they referring to the PCOM Georgia school itself or the community? thanks

Adding this school a little late in the game, but it looks like there's been no II's yet, right?

Hey guys, quick question regarding LOR/Interview/MCAT:

1. I have 3 LOR from 3 science professors. Is that ok or 1 has to be from a non-science? (1 of the 3 was my science/professor I did research for)
2. It says on the email they sent out after primary is they might offer an interview without MCAT score, anyone know anyone that got an interview while waiting for an MCAT score?

Hey guys, quick question regarding LOR/Interview/MCAT:

1. I have 3 LOR from 3 science professors. Is that ok or 1 has to be from a non-science? (1 of the 3 was my science/professor I did research for)
2. It says on the email they sent out after primary is they might offer an interview without MCAT score, anyone know anyone that got an interview while waiting for an MCAT score?
You need three faculty letters - 2 MUST be from science and the other can be any other so 3 science is all good. You need an MCAT score to be complete and typically they do not review apps that are not complete.

Reactions: 1 users
You need three faculty letters - 2 MUST be from science and the other can be any other so 3 science is all good. You need an MCAT score to be complete and typically they do not review apps that are not complete.
^ You are right, it does not need to be a non-science faculty member. I deleted my previous post to not create confusion. Thanks for the clarification!

Not sure if this has been asked already but the question where it asks: if you selected to be considered for the Philadelphia/ South Georgia location of PCOM, please respond to the following question: What one aspect of the PCOM community resonates with your personality and values?

do we answer both questions for the Philadelphia and South Georgia location if we have no preference?

Not sure if this has been asked already but the question where it asks: if you selected to be considered for the Philadelphia/ South Georgia location of PCOM, please respond to the following question: What one aspect of the PCOM community resonates with your personality and values?

do we answer both questions for the Philadelphia and South Georgia location if we have no preference?
Not sure the exact answer to your question, but I answered no preference and then tailored the essays school-specifically. A large chunk of the essays were identical, but a few different places I tweaked it to cater to that specific school (i.e. look up stuff about the school, student activities at those specific locations, etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure the exact answer to your question, but I answered no preference and then tailored the essays school-specifically. A large chunk of the essays were identical, but a few different places I tweaked it to cater to that specific school (i.e. look up stuff about the school, student activities at those specific locations, etc).

thank you!

Hey guys, thank you for helping me out! I got another concern.

I'm a first time applicant here. Also first time using AACOMAS. So I sent my application for PCOM-GA (Suwanee) last week and immediately got verified, and next day an email from PCOM for 75$.

Fast forward this week I submitted for PCOM-South GA but I got an email from ACCOMAS that my application is being verified. I thought application is only verified ONCE, then that same application would be sent to any school we paid 46$ for. When I click to view my submission in AACOMAS it says that my PCOM-SouthGA application is verified. I haven't got any email from PCOM-SouthGA for 75$, is this the norm?

thanks!

Hey guys, thank you for helping me out! I got another concern.

I'm a first time applicant here. Also first time using AACOMAS. So I sent my application for PCOM-GA (Suwanee) last week and immediately got verified, and next day an email from PCOM for 75$.

Fast forward this week I submitted for PCOM-South GA but I got an email from ACCOMAS that my application is being verified. I thought application is only verified ONCE, then that same application would be sent to any school we paid 46$ for. When I click to view my submission in AACOMAS it says that my PCOM-SouthGA application is verified. I haven't got any email from PCOM-SouthGA for 75$, is this the norm?

thanks!

They don't verify it again, it's just a generic email they send out once you add more schools after initial verification. You're all set.

• Love
Hey guys this is my first cycle so sorry if this sounds neurotic but do you think I have a chance at PCOM or DO schools for that matter.
3.14 cgpa 3.01 science gpa 510 mcat orm non traditional with lots of early W’s. Also my earliest complete date for most schools is 08/24 due to waiting on a transcript and mcat score.

Hey guys this is my first cycle so sorry if this sounds neurotic but do you think I have a chance at PCOM or DO schools for that matter.
3.14 cgpa 3.01 science gpa 510 mcat orm non traditional with lots of early W’s. Also my earliest complete date for most schools is 08/24 due to waiting on a transcript and mcat score.

With good EC's and a broad list of schools I think you have a decent chance. As long as you have an upward trend, look at the GPAs of your last few years.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I have 2 sci LOR's, 1 non-sci, my committee (which includes each individual LOR), and my PI. They were all uploaded to AACOMAS, and my portals show various letters as received -but not in the correct spots. One of my sci LOR's is being listed as my PI. Does this matter? I'm sure the person reviewing my app will figure it out, but I'd hate for this to be the thing that's keeping me from a potential II.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I have 2 sci LOR's, 1 non-sci, my committee (which includes each individual LOR), and my PI. They were all uploaded to AACOMAS, and my portals show various letters as received -but not in the correct spots. One of my sci LOR's is being listed as my PI. Does this matter? I'm sure the person reviewing my app will figure it out, but I'd hate for this to be the thing that's keeping me from a potential II.
I'd email or call admissions and make sure everything is all good.

Mine shows like this. Is the Pre-Health Advisor/Committee the same as LOR? If I satisfied the LOR I wonder why they have not checked that box. :/
Requirements
RequirementReceivedNote
$75 Application FeeSep 01, 2020
Pre-Health Advsr/Committee
MCAT Scores
Additional Information Received
DocumentReceivedNote
Miscellaneous Ltr of RecommendSep 04, 2020
Letter of Rec - Sci Faculty 1Sep 04, 2020Wang
Letter of Rec - Sci Faculty 2Sep 04, 2020Rayalam
Letter of Rec - Sci/Other FacSep 04, 2020Huang

Mine shows like this. Is the Pre-Health Advisor/Committee the same as LOR? If I satisfied the LOR I wonder why they have not checked that box. :/
Requirements
RequirementReceivedNote
MCAT Scores
DocumentReceivedNote
I could be totally wrong but I feel like they don't necessarily put the correct LORs in their respective spots. I remember when I applied to their SMP, my LORs were a bit off in terms of which category they fell into. But of course, if you're concerned, a call to admissions isn't going to hurt anything. Take that with a grain of salt, though - I don't wanna give you misleading info that'll hurt your application or something.

• Care
Requirements
RequirementReceivedNote
MCAT Scores
DocumentReceivedNote

My LOR's are in the wrong slots too. I'm going to call them Tuesday I think. But IIRC someone further back on the thread also had their letters in the incorrect slots, so it might just be something admissions doesn't care about, so they just stick them wherever.

• Care
Requirements
RequirementReceivedNote
MCAT Scores
DocumentReceivedNote
Your letters are complete. You just need the MCAT score to have your file complete.

• Care
499 mcat urm 3.34 master biomed
2.89 cummulative gpa do i have a chance for philly or ga location

499 mcat urm 3.34 master biomed
2.89 cummulative gpa do i have a chance for philly or ga location
MCAT is considered low, but based on range not out of the question. Master's improvement is good, but cumulative isn't great. I think it will come down to other details for you. It isn't the most likely, but I've seen plenty with other good info in their profiles find success with similar stats.

this is my first choice my
ugpa is a 2.89
MASTERS biomedical sciences 3.26 1 YEAR all science classes only
MCAT 499 ( 125/122/124/128)
IM AN URM AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMALE
i know 3 people that got in with way lower mcat scores

What's the lowest you know of, and are they also URM or African American?

Just got II. Has anyone had theirs yet?

Just got II. Has anyone had theirs yet?

so I just had my interview! I thought overall it was easy, questions were straightforward and interviewers were cordial. From 12-1 there was just an info session and Q&A with current students which was chill and then I had my interview from 1-1:30. Overall, the interview was good but the problems were things unique to my situation....my power went out 30 mins before everything so had to interview from my public library and let's just say....don't do interviews at a library :(

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
so I just had my interview! I thought overall it was easy, questions were straightforward and interviewers were cordial. From 12-1 there was just an info session and Q&A with current students which was chill and then I had my interview from 1-1:30. Overall, the interview was good but the problems were things unique to my situation....my power went out 30 mins before everything so had to interview from my public library and let's just say....don't do interviews at a library :(
I had something similar happen in my last virtual. They appreciated the adapting... Was it closed or open file?