2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been waitlisted since January hoping for good news soon, praying for y’all as well 🙌
Praying for you as well! We got this! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you deserving people :)

Reactions: 4 users
I withdrew my acceptance here. I hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There should be a facebook group for your class by now. I would recommend trying to find roommates that you think you would get along with. There's plenty of great, affordable apartments near campus as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students comment on the new dean and the upcoming curricular changes? Also, what is the dress code?
New dean is pretty awesome, but we have only met her virtually. As far as curriculum, we finally got dedicated board study time included into our calendar which is a big thing PCOM used to lack in. There is no dress code, except like you obviously have to wear scrubs if you're working with cadavers and for labs and primary care skills.

Reactions: 1 users
Movement is starting to happen! Check your application portals! That $750 deposit hit my portal today - just waiting on the official email!! 🥳

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can anyone post a link to the application portal?

Accepted today! Sending positive vibes to everyone still waiting to hear back :)

Members don't see this ad :)
im losing hope :(
Awww no! I know it's easy to do that given where we are in the cycle, but that doesn't mean it's over yet. Yes, it's definitely important to begin considering plans for the next year and even preparing for a possible reapp, but you never know what can happen. I'm truly praying for you and everyone's success and I hope you know that no matter what happens that you are just as deserving of a spot as anyone else. :)

Last edited:
Awww no! I know it easy to do that given where we are in the cycle, but that doesn't mean it's over yet. Yes, it's definitely important to begin considering plans for the next year and even preparing for a possible reapp, but you never know what can happen. I'm truly praying for you and everyone's success and I hope you know that no matter what happens that you are just as deserving of a spot as anyone else. :)
Thank you so much for your kind words! That really made me feel a lot better. Wishing you the same as well!!!!

• Care
Aw congrats! Stats if you don't mind me asking?
Undergrad GPA: 3.26
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.02
1st MCAT: 498
Biomed GPA: 3.6 (with a strong upwards trend)
2nd MCAT: 505

Congrats to everyone else who has gotten in this week!!!

Hey ya'll! PCOM (all campuses) is currently answering any questions via the Choose DO virtual expo if anyone wants to attend. It ends at 6pm eastern.

For those who have been accepted, do you guys know the CTE deadline?

• Hmm
There are about 100 incoming students in the Facebook group rn, and they usually have roughly 130 spots
I heard the Facebook number isn't as accurate because its not just incoming students in it.

Do any second year students have a copy of their first trimester schedule? Trying to get a feel for it so I can start thinking about my time management.

Is movement for this cycle over ?
It is not over until after orientation. Someone could drop off right before or during that time and they will make every effort to fill that seat. Once class begins it is over.

....and the first official day of class is August 16

Can any current students post what their schedule looked like T1? Trying to figure out whether in-class vs. skipping lecture would benefit me more. Thanks :)

Idk if this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone know if there's a dress code for orientation?

Do you expect any more movement or is this set for this year ?
they must have a very large waitlist this year. It seems as though the class has been filled however have not received a rejection or an email stating that this cycle is complete so who knows

i love how i live 20 mins from this school and it's been RADIO SILENCE LOL

I got an interview invite for 1/11 yet I did not get access to any portal? After I submitted my AACOMAS in august I’ve never gotten another email from PCOM until now. Is anyone on the same boat? There was no secondary?

hi! I am a current applicant for this year's cycle. did anyone get into this school with a 3.0 gpa and average mcat?