2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when they’re gonna start reviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it was answered already but did anyone get a confirmation email? I just submitted my secondary, paid and all but didn't get a confirmation.

I Applied 7/31 and never got a secondary. I checked the portal yesterday and it shows I have received a secondary Invitation on 8/7 and Secondary is due 9/04. Few days from now. The secondary invite was not in SPAM or JUNK either. I have emailed them and still did not hear back, I understand they are very busy and going through responding to Emails.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone know if the Oregon Date is Hard date? Can we submit after that? Do you get blocked from portal? I would really appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the Oregon Date is Hard date? Can we submit after that? Do you get blocked from portal? I would really appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks.

In the email I got about the secondary app, there's a line that says "Please contact our office at [email protected] if you require more time to work on your secondary application or need more time to gather any of its related requirements". That's probably your best bet! You mentioned that you emailed them and haven't heard back, so I'd just follow up in a few days and in the meantime, do your best to meet your deadline as closely as possible.

I Applied 7/31 and never got a secondary. I checked the portal yesterday and it shows I have received a secondary Invitation on 8/7 and Secondary is due 9/04. Few days from now. The secondary invite was not in SPAM or JUNK either. I have emailed them and still did not hear back, I understand they are very busy and going through responding to Emails.

I also never got an email from OHSU. Fortunately, I found this thread and was able to log into the portal, so I found out only a week later. They sent it to me 8/7 too.

I have no idea what happened to the email though. I checked everywhere! I added their office’s email to my contacts so hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Any WICHE students know how to submit your WICHE proof of certification?

The exact same thing happened to me, including the day they apparently sent the secondary and the day it is due. Thank god I checked this form and saw the portal was open last night or I wouldve completely missed it and this is in my top 3 school choices. LOL so heres to hoping I can make my secondaries pristine before 9/4 while also working on my other 5 I have left.

Application finally marked as complete. Submitted on 8/8, Complete on 9/4. MD/PhD applicant, OOS

Just checked the portal. Submitted 8/21, marked complete 9/3. MD/MPH applicant, IS

Do you guys think they mark complete based on the order of their mission based groups on their website? Coz I fit in the last/ adversity group for regular MD and completed 08/9 but still haven’t marked complete

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 8/9 and not marked complete yet...all materials should have been received on that date as well

OOS, MD/MPH applicant

Where do you see that the application is complete or not?

In the portal, prior to being complete, it says something like, “your status will not be updated until your application has been processed.” After processing, there is a line that says, “your secondary application has been processed,” followed by another line that reads, “your file was complete on [Date of Processing Completion].”

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all. Just submitted my secondary a couple of hours ago and writing on here to share my info as I join the wait gang.

Primary submitted 7/1 and verified 8/13.
Secondary received 8/13
Mcat retake 8/14 and score release 9/1
Secondary submitted today, 9/9.
Mission-Group applicant

Curious to know how they assign us as Mission Group applicant. Didn’t see anywhere on the app where I would identity as Mission Group Applicant, so I’m guessing they just assume based on being OOS, my identity and SES status?

Last edited:
Weren't there essays where you can discuss how you are disadvantaged?

Hi all. Just submitted my secondary a couple of hours ago and writing on here to share my info as I join the wait gang.

Secondary received 8/13
Mission-Group applicant

Curious to know how they assign us as Mission Group not. Didn’t see anywhere on the app where I would identity as Mission Group Applicant, so I’m guessing they just assume based on being OOS, my identity and SES status?

Hmm, not sure either, but they do seem to have a way. I applied here last year as part of a mission group, and they got back to me ~1 month after I was complete with an interview invite. Some people who were part of mission groups waited much longer, though. I do remember one person (either in last year's forum or the year before, not sure) who had applied thinking they were part of a mission group, but somehow found out they hadn't been considered mission group. If you look back in one of the last two years' threads you might find the person I'm talking about. Either way, if you are concerned about making sure, you could always send an email; the folks in admissions have been nothing but nice and understanding from what I've seen.

Weren't there essays where you can discuss how you are disadvantaged?

Good point. I just wasn't sure if everyone answered these. I'm sure a lot of us have cross intersectionality of the categories such as IS, Mission-Group, and Academic Achievement.

Hmm, not sure either, but they do seem to have a way. I applied here last year as part of a mission group, and they got back to me ~1 month after I was complete with an interview invite. Some people who were part of mission groups waited much longer, though. I do remember one person (either in last year's forum or the year before, not sure) who had applied thinking they were part of a mission group, but somehow found out they hadn't been considered mission group. If you look back in one of the last two years' threads you might find the person I'm talking about. Either way, if you are concerned about making sure, you could always send an email; the folks in admissions have been nothing but nice and understanding from what I've seen.

Thank you so much for the informative response. Congrats on your interview last year! Amazing accomplishment, win or lose. But yeah I appreciate your thorough response and I will follow-up / research to ensure. I have a friend who goes there now who got in as a CA resident. Told me to prepare for a long wait tho. Good look tho. Mind if I ask if you got accepted post-interview and/or you plan this cycle?

Secondary received 8/13
Mission-Group applicant

In the portal, prior to being complete, it says something like, “your status will not be updated until your application has been processed.” After processing, there is a line that says, “your secondary application has been processed,” followed by another line that reads, “your file was complete on [Date of Processing Completion].”

Update. So does this mean that as long as we submit everything by the deadline (for me it was 9/10) then we are good but wont have the confirmation of that until they start to "process my file" some time in the near future?

If so, then that means we wouldnt know we are complete until they start to review it and I also wonder if an email comes in at that time to finally confirm it all or do we just neurotically have to check the portal?

Update. So does this mean that as long as we submit everything by the deadline (for me it was 9/10) then we are good but wont have the confirmation of that until they start to "process my file" some time in the near future?

If so, then that means we wouldnt know we are complete until they start to review it and I also wonder if an email comes in at that time to finally confirm it all or do we just neurotically have to check the portal?
They don't send emails to confirm your application is complete. They'll only send an email if you get an interview invite.

How can we make sure we are complete? Their interface sucks

If you know you’ve provided everything they ask on the secondary and all your letters are in AMCAS, your file is complete. Don’t overthink it. This is stressful enough as is and I know we’re all going crazy wanting to know things, but that’s just not the way this is going to work. Be patient everyone.

How can we make sure we are complete? Their interface sucks
On the main page it'll say:

some_text
Your secondary application has been processed.

some_text
Your file was complete on (date here).

You really can't miss once it is there.

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted secondary 8/10 and marked complete today 9/10.

OOS submitted 8/22 and complete 9/11. Hope this means I was included as a mission group :woot:

Any MD/MPH candidates marked as complete yet? I submitted on 8/9 and still not marked as complete

Any MD/MPH candidates marked as complete yet? I submitted on 8/9 and still not marked as complete
I applied MD/MPH. Not sure what order they’re processing apps in, but I submitted 8/21 and was marked complete 9/3.

Regular MD submitted on 8/20, not marked complete either.

I applied MD/MPH. Not sure what order they’re processing apps in, but I submitted 8/21 and was marked complete 9/3.
Hmm, that's weird. I'm OOS so maybe that's why? Anyways, I sent them an email. You had an MPH letter, right?

I'm sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's clear somewhere, but I'm a bit confused. I am WICHE which I thought was mission group, but I don't see anywhere to indicate that, or that shows that in my application. Any advice where to look to confirm all that?
Thanks everyone and best of luck to all!!

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. But I just got my MCAT score and I got a 512. It's the median score for OHSU and I am in state. Trying to decide if I should retake? Even my GPA and sGPA is median score according to MSAR
OHSU is not as stringent on the MCAT as other schools. My friend got in with a 501! The dean specifically said the MCAT is not an indicator of anything other than your skills to take a multiple choice test.

I think you're golden :)

Reactions: 5 users
Have any OOS MD/MPH applicants been marked complete yet? or even just OOS MD? I submitted on 8/9 (OOS MD/MPH) and still haven't been marked complete...kinda worried tbh

Reactions: 2 users
OHSU is not as stringent on the MCAT as other schools. My friend got in with a 501! The dean specifically said the MCAT is not an indicator of anything other than your skills to take a multiple choice test.

I think you're golden :)
Thank you!! Appreciate your response. It would be great if folks who are in-state could share there MCAT and sGPA who got the interview or secondaries?

Thank you!! Appreciate your response. It would be great if folks who are in-state could share there MCAT and sGPA who got the interview or secondaries?
Not everyone feels comfortable sharing that information publicly, even if in an anonymous forum.

All the folks who are in State ... what were your GPA and Mcat Scores? Need to decide between retake or apply for next cycle?

The MSAR has that info broken down by in-state/out-of-state!

Do they state what they consider to be “academic excellence” to fit into that OOS mission group? I have 3.97 GPA and 513 MCAT so I thought i’d have a chance but my app does not say complete so now I’m unsure.

Do they state what they consider to be “academic excellence” to fit into that OOS mission group? I have 3.97 GPA and 513 MCAT so I thought i’d have a chance but my app does not say complete so now I’m unsure.

I think that would fit the mission group. When did you submit? I wouldn't be too concerned yet, it's still pretty early and OHSU really takes their time with things.

I think that would fit the mission group. When did you submit? I wouldn't be too concerned yet, it's still pretty early and OHSU really takes their time with things.

Thanks that is good to know! I submitted 8/11 so I suppose its only been a little over a month.

similar stats! 3.97 and 511, and I went for it!