2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED JUST NOW! This is my dream school, will definitely be attending this fall :) Best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told OHSU provides feedback to rejected applicants. Does anyone know how this works? Should I just email admission?

Reactions: 1 users
I was told OHSU provides feedback to rejected applicants. Does anyone know how this works? Should I just email admission?
Email Kari and she will point you in the right direction - usually they put together a list of people and when things quiet down after decisions are made they start reaching out

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected today after five months on hold, and OHSU couldn't even be bothered to send me an email.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
So your account still says hold?

I’m sorry, wishing you the best of luck.
Yes the portal has the hold decision with the date still, they added the final decision beneath the section that says "For all applicants." Hopefully, you'll get better news when you see your update :) Best of luck

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
The real question is, do I keep obsessively checking the portal now that it’s 6:30 pm or do I give it a rest and start anew at 7 am tomorrow morning? 🤔🤡

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
Accepted yesterday, non-dual degree oos applicant. Will likely be withdrawing today, unfortunately ended up not having a great interview experience which really turned me off from the school. Hopefully one of you all will get the spot!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted yesterday, non-dual degree oos applicant. Will likely be withdrawing today, unfortunately ended up not having a great interview experience which really turned me off from the school. Hopefully one of you all will get the spot!
Do you mind sharing what in particular happened during your interview process that turned you off?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing what in particular happened during your interview process that turned you off?
I had a student and interviewer tell me that I should consider going elsewhere if I had another acceptance. May have just been a bad day for them and I'm sure others have different opinions, it just wasn't the vibe you want to get when they're supposed to be selling the school to you

were you on hold previously?

I had a student and interviewer tell me that I should consider going elsewhere if I had another acceptance. May have just been a bad day for them and I'm sure others have different opinions, it just wasn't the vibe you want to get when they're supposed to be selling the school to you
I'm sorry that happened. If you do want another perspective before you withdraw, feel free to DM me. Current M1 who chose OHSU over another acceptance and wouldn't have it any other way. I'd be glad to have an honest discussion with you if it would help you make a more informed decision. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just wondering if a significant amount of people are in the same boat as me right now with having no update (hold or otherwise) whatsoever? Don’t know how it still blows my mind to have no update this late but does 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just wondering if a significant amount of people are in the same boat as me right now with having no update (hold or otherwise) whatsoever? Don’t know how it still blows my mind to have no update this late but does 🤦🏽‍♂️
I’m with you. Silence since February

It's insane, right? When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking, and are you in state?

I interviewed in early March and was only recently put on hold last week. I'm in state. Someone on this forum (April interview?) got put on hold two days ago.

Same, I interviewed late March, haven't heard anything yet.

It's insane, right? When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking, and are you in state?

I interviewed in early March and was only recently put on hold last week. I'm in state. Someone on this forum (April interview?) got put on hold two days ago.
Yeah after being put on hold yesterday, I have a sinking feeling that means waitlist...

When did you interview? I’m floating in the same waters friend— no update at all and interviewed first week of February.

You are absolutely NOT alone. If anything, not being placed in the hold pool may be a good sign.

When did you interview? I’m floating in the same waters friend— no update at all and interviewed first week of February.
Same, first week of Feb. No way the interviewers even remember specific people from then which is the concerning part if we’re not even discussed with the committee by now lol

Same, first week of Feb. No way the interviewers even remember specific people from then which is the concerning part if we’re not even discussed with the committee by now lol
I know! That’s been a major worry of mine... then I decided to Google my interviewer and realized just how busy they are and catapulted myself to a whole other level of anxiety 😂

• Haha
interviewed in October and have been on hold since November ☹️ ready to get this over with !!

• Care
  • Wow
GANG ppl getting accepted so far this week were not previously on hold. The only decisions that went to previously-on-hold ppl were REJECTIONS this week. THAT MEANS there’s a lot of hope for us still-on-hold peeps! Believe !! Manifest !!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
GANG ppl getting accepted so far this week were not previously on hold. The only decisions that went to previously-on-hold ppl were REJECTIONS this week. THAT MEANS there’s a lot of hope for us still-on-hold peeps! Believe !! Manifest !!
I am trying my best to manifest. However, all I can usually manifest is bad sleep and IBS :p. In all seriousness, I wish you all luck and success.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I decided to withdraw my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you, kind souls! :) Best of luck.

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Accepted just now! IS and been on hold since December.

Honestly, the whole OHSU process has really put a damper on the excitement that I should be feeling right now. Now I have to sort through my feelings and make a decision in 24 hours. 🙃 Good luck to you all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users

Honestly, the whole OHSU process has really put a damper on the excitement that I should be feeling right now. Now I have to sort through my feelings and make a decision in 24 hours. 🙃 Good luck to you all!
Also - does anyone know how long it takes to get an email or any more info?

Congrats! The good news is that all your options are great options at this point.

Congrats on the A! Probably is different now at the end of the cycle, but I got the A email around a week after my portal updated in December.

Also, speaking to current students has alleviated any hesitancy I had based on the admissions process personally. Everyone I talked to had amazing things to say about the school, people, administration, etc. Best of luck making your decision!

About a week, but some more info is already available. On the website under Welcome to OHSU, and there is an admitted student FB group with good resources. What are you looking for? Have you talked to current students?

Accepted just now, interviewed 12/1! Was placed on hold in Feb until today.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted just now! late March interview, placed on hold last night

edit to add: via email! Thanks, all!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if there is a time deadline for PTE, tomorrow? Put on hold 4/22 and waiting to hear..