2020-2021 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How far out are the interview dates offered? (you could give a range to avoid disclosing the exact dates!)
I second what hochoco said, my 2 date options were in the same 2-2.5 week out range.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi thank you for answering questions. Is it okay to say you're not sure what specialty you wanna go into at the interview?
Absolutely! Be prepared to talk about one or two that might interest you, just in case.

For what it’s worth, I wasn’t asked that very much on the interview trail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody,
So, I I didn't realize CASPer results are only valid for one cycle? The e-mail I received made it look like my results were still valid, and I found out the CASPer website says it's only valid for one cycle recently? I even got a secondary with my old results and the deadline to take CASPer has passed? I'm really worried now because it seems my application may not be considered here because of this for this cycle? Has anyone had a similar sort of situation applying here and have any advice at all on how to get through this please? Who should I talk to because I've already talked to the Director of Admissions?

Mercer even marked my application complete with my old results a while ago and said they were good to use and that I didn't need to take it again, so that made it seem to me like my results were valid and good for all schools I applied to that needed CASPer? The admissions lady I talked to said my application is even "complete" before I mentioned it and probably wouldn't have said anything, if I hadn't even mentioned it??? SIIIIGGGGHHHHHH..... :(

Hey everybody,
So, I I didn't realize CASPer results are only valid for one cycle? The e-mail I received made it look like my results were still valid, and I found out the CASPer website says it's only valid for one cycle recently? I even got a secondary with my old results and the deadline to take CASPer has passed? I'm really worried now because it seems my application may not be considered here because of this for this cycle? Has anyone had a similar sort of situation applying here and have any advice at all on how to get through this please? Who should I talk to because I've already talked to the Director of Admissions?

Mercer even marked my application complete with my old results a while ago and said they were good to use and that I didn't need to take it again, so that made it seem to me like my results were valid and good for all schools I applied to that needed CASPer? The admissions lady I talked to said my application is even "complete" before I mentioned it and probably wouldn't have said anything, if I hadn't even mentioned it??? SIIIIGGGGHHHHHH..... :(
Anyone?

I would follow up with admissions about your situation regardless. If the Director of Admissions has given you the clear, then I wouldn't worry.
So sorry, but I think you misread..... the Director of Admissions is saying that my application is incomplete because of CASPer, and that my application will not be considered because of that, and that new scores won't be accepted because I missed the deadline? I was told to send an e-mail to Dr. Braun to hopefully get my application considered?

So sorry, but I think you misread..... the Director of Admissions is saying that my application is incomplete because of CASPer, and that my application will not be considered because of that, and that new scores won't be accepted because I missed the deadline? I was told to send an e-mail to Dr. Braun to hopefully get my application considered?
Dr. Braun is the head of admissions, she’ll be able to get you the answer you need.

so how likely are we to hear back on Thursday from MCG if we've interviewed already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! If you could include when you interviewed, it would be super helpful!

• Love
Congrats to everyone! Has anyone with an October interview date heard anything back?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Notified via email (no call or text). Interviewed 9/10

Accepted! Notified via email (no call or text). Interviewed 9/10
Would you mind sharing your stats/ ec's etc? I also interviewed in september but I didn't hear anything today. Just curious! Congrats!

Very sorry for all of the posts; just nervous and curious about what I might be missing :( but I sincerely am happy for everyone who got in!

Reactions: 1 users
Now I am second guessing myself. For the people who have been accepted already, the "Acceptance Form" is just to hold our place in the class. It is not a binding commitment, correct?

Now I am second guessing myself. For the people who have been accepted already, the "Acceptance Form" is just to hold our place in the class. It is not a binding commitment, correct?
This is true for all medical schools: you can hold multiple acceptances until a certain date in the spring (not sure what the date is this year), and you must withdraw all acceptances but one by that date. Some schools will refund your deposit, some won’t.

that being said, I don’t know where this “acceptance form” falls in the process, whether it is to hold the seat, or confirm your commitment to attend.

Early October interviewee here. No decision yet, but if late september interviewees already got their decisions, I'm hoping for one by mid November! Does anyone know if MCG releases decisions in monthly waves? Or how they time releases in general?

Early October interviewee here. No decision yet, but if late september interviewees already got their decisions, I'm hoping for one by mid November! Does anyone know if MCG releases decisions in monthly waves? Or how they time releases in general?
Me and a couple of friends who interviewed in early December still haven't heard back yet, so maybe they don't release them out based on the interview date? I'm not sure. Or maybe they do, but they have another algorithm set in place.

Me and a couple of friends who interviewed in early December still haven't heard back yet, so maybe they don't release them out based on the interview date? I'm not sure. Or maybe they do, but they have another algorithm set in place.
Early December? Or you mean September

They meet up and review applications every now and then, so your application is still in the pool for consideration. Looking at previous years' threads, some people that interviewed in September got accepted all the way into February. I interviewed September and just me personally I would be nervous if I got passed up again in November

It seems to be 3rd Friday of the month by mass email around 8-9 am