2020-2021 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe 25-33% of my class is from UGA, but I think that's just due to the volume of students who apply from UGA, not that there is a preference given to them. There are students in my class from many different schools in Georgia (Emory, GT, Kennesaw St., Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Valdosta State, etc.), and plenty of people who are Georgia residents, but went out of state for college.
Okay this is sort of what I suspected

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know what type of document the confidentiality agreement goes under in the secondary application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just read that the class of 2024 had an average MCAT of 516. Quite a jump from last year... just shows how competitive this is getting. Not sure where they got that number though

Last edited:
Really surprised, but got a secondary regular decision invite today. OOS, from California

Members don't see this ad :)
Might as well drop my panties now, because with this kind of competition I am most certainly screwed. LMAO!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
II received! IS, GPA 3.96, sGPA 3.98, MCAT 528

I just submitted my application with a 3.2 gpa and I came on here to see how people were doing with MCG and I-
Wow. You are amazing. Congratulations on the interview!

I just submitted my application with a 3.2 gpa and I came on here to see how people were doing with MCG and I-
Wow. You are amazing. Congratulations on the interview!

Thank you! Best wishes with your applications/interviews as well!

Just finished my virtual interview. There’s the inconvienences inherent with zoom that are impossible to get rid of, but the admissions staff is really pleasant and made the process as painless as possible. Good luck to anyone interviewing soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished my virtual interview. There’s the inconvienences inherent with zoom that are impossible to get rid of, but the admissions staff is really pleasant and made the process as painless as possible. Good luck to anyone interviewing soon!
congrats! i hope you did well! did you happen to find the zoom mmi to be similar to a normal mmi? I'm curious to know how they can do mmi as a virtual format.

Hey, does this school have a pre-clerkship curriculum? What is their curriculum name so to speak?

oh my goodnessssss!
how was it? how did you find the level of its difficulty?
i'm concerned about the zoom glitches. especially with the weather recently, it's been super unstable.

Last edited:
RD II received today, LM 73, submitted 8/23

Didn't expect IIs so early.. now to do interview prep on top of writing secondaries :drowning:

Reactions: 1 user
For Question 1 (Please discuss your primary interest in attending the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.) are we really meant to spend 400 words on only 1 reason why we are interested in MCG?

For Question 3 (Please describe the geographical setting in which you think you would most like to practice following medical training. Include the following information if known: The state or region of the country, the name of the county and town) am I missing something? Why have they given us 400 words for a 400 character question?

appreciate any thoughts/advice!

For Question 1 (Please discuss your primary interest in attending the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.) are we really meant to spend 400 words on only 1 reason why we are interested in MCG?

For Question 3 (Please describe the geographical setting in which you think you would most like to practice following medical training. Include the following information if known: The state or region of the country, the name of the county and town) am I missing something? Why have they given us 400 words for a 400 character question?

appreciate any thoughts/advice!

For Q1 I briefly highlighted my career goals, and then elaborated on specific MCG resources and personal experiences.

For Q3 I have ties to a specific region in GA that I could see myself practicing in, but even then my answer was ~200 words. I imagine that you could be relatively straightforward here.

congrats! i hope you did well! did you happen to find the zoom mmi to be similar to a normal mmi? I'm curious to know how they can do mmi as a virtual format.
oh my goodnessssss!
how was it? how did you find the level of its difficulty?
i'm concerned about the zoom glitches. especially with the weather recently, it's been super unstable.

Don’t want to comment too much on MMI, since we signed a confidentiality agreement, but I think it’s safe to tell y’all to stay relaxed and have full faith that the admissions team will accommodate. They’re all really down to Earth and have a dedicated extension in the office for interviewees having issues. All is well!

Don’t want to comment too much on MMI, since we signed a confidentiality agreement, but I think it’s safe to tell y’all to stay relaxed and have full faith that the admissions team will accommodate. They’re all really down to Earth and have a dedicated extension in the office for interviewees having issues. All is well!
Awesome! That’s great to know.
do you mind sharing your stats by chance?

did you do the casper snapshot?

Did anyone receive an "under review" e-mail from MCG after you completed your secondary?

Is MCG taking CASPer scores this cycle? If so how do you know if they have received them or not, because I don't see a tab for them in the portal?

RD applicant here--out of curiosity, my school has sent a Committee letter+4 individual letters as part of their package through AMCAS. I believe this is enough, but I'm a bit paranoid that the adcoms will see like one entry from my Committee and think that 2 letters are still outstanding. I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation?

*Edit: Also, I swear to god I signed my name on the submissions page above the checkbox, but when I checked after submission, the box with my name is now blank. I'm wondering if I should contact the adcoms and let them know.

I see the same thing on my app as far as the signing of my name on the submissions page... Anyone else in the same boat?

I see the same thing on my app as far as the signing of my name on the submissions page... Anyone else in the same boat?
The admissions office said it was okay and not to worry!

Anyone heard anything about MCG looking at Casper Snapshot for this cycle? Still debating on whether I should do it or not...

II IS RD received today. LM 75

Secondary received 8/13, completed 8/26.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an email stating their application was complete? I received an email after completing my secondary but nothing after that. It looks like everything is complete on my portal, but I never got a confirmation email.

Sorry, if this has been asked. Does this school screen? I just received my MCAT score today and bombed it. Just got a secondary application tho, so I am trying to figure out there process. I sent my application 8/17

Sorry for this type of question, but during the MMI interview, is there a time or break when I can visit the bathroom? I have an overactive bladder, so I don't know if it will become a problem or not during the interview.

Sorry, if this has been asked. Does this school screen? I just received my MCAT score today and bombed it. Just got a secondary application tho, so I am trying to figure out there process. I sent my application 8/17
This is on their website: " applicants with GPAs less than 3.0 or an MCAT score of less than 496, are not considered competitive for interview."

Sorry for this type of question, but during the MMI interview, is there a time or break when I can visit the bathroom? I have an overactive bladder, so I don't know if it will become a problem or not during the interview.
Yes, there will be breaks!

To clarify- there will be breaks in between activities, but I'm not sure about during the MMI block. When I interviewed in person, we did have a short break for water/bathroom during the MMIs, but I am not sure if they are doing the same this year. Sorry I don't know specifics!

you’ll have breaks in between the mmi.Plenty of time for you to use the restroom!