2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think they are downloading applications randomly or would there be a screening procedure involved to get your application processed?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think they are downloading applications randomly or would there be a screening procedure involved to get your application processed?

Screening definitely, otherwise it doesn’t make sense

Who knows how the cycle will progress, but good luck and congrats to people who have received II!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received II yesterday applied MD only! Anyone know if we have to disclose a traffic ticket given as a minor on the graduate school application? It says "Have you ever been charged with or convicted of a crime (or a foreign legal equivalent) that has not been expunged by a court?"

I emailed admissions and they said if you think you need to disclose it, disclose it so it confused me. It's not on my DMV record that I can find. What do you all think?
Just got an email telling me to disclose it on the legal disclosure form

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully if we forgot to report a minor traffic violation and it comes back on the background check, it’s not a huge deal. I’ve gotten quite a few parking tickets (But that isn’t directly matched to the driver) and a few warnings but truly cannot recall if I’ve received a traffic violation in the last 10 years so I answered no to everything :/

Just got an email telling me to disclose it on the legal disclosure form
Hopefully if we forgot to report a minor traffic violation and it comes back on the background check, it’s not a huge deal. I’ve gotten quite a few parking tickets (But that isn’t directly matched to the driver) and a few warnings but truly cannot recall if I’ve received a traffic violation in the last 10 years so I answered no to everything :/
I wish they told us all the same thing, lol.

My dean's office said they mailed over the form last week and it is still not marked complete. Anyone else's marked received yet?

My dean's office said they mailed over the form last week and it is still not marked complete. Anyone else's marked received yet?

Mine was mailed last week and still hasn't been received. Just give it a few more days. Snail mail always takes forever.

Mine was mailed last week and still hasn't been received. Just give it a few more days. Snail mail always takes forever.

Good luck! What is the process for getting a dean's letter?

Edited* previous comment

Good luck! What is the process for getting a dean's letter?

Edited* previous comment
All I did was email the office of the Dean of Students. I called them two days after sending in the form to confirm that they received it and also to ask if they had sent it to IU.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to receive update? Added them to verified primary 8/10

Hooray Indiana finally “received” my application from AMCAS. Just got their email a few hours ago.

I just got the “Indiana received your app” email. I was verified before transmission and they were on my school list before transmission as well.

• Hmm
Oh man... time to start drinking... I'm all alone. A success story has to have its losers it's OK guys. Honestly I'm not too worried about it, either it comes or it doesn't lol

Oh man... time to start drinking... I'm all alone. A success story has to have its losers it's OK guys. Honestly I'm not too worried about it, either it comes or it doesn't lol
You aren’t alone friend.

• Care
Says the hot shot who has a received email. We can't all be like you dad lol.
Tbh at this point we don’t even know for sure if getting an early acknowledgement email means anything right? I thought that Indiana doesn’t screen so when you get the acknowledgement email isn’t that important

Says the hot shot who has a received email. We can't all be like you dad lol.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I'm saying is its still super early and a bunch of us just received the email lol

Keep your hopes up, and if you, improbably, never get an email its why we apply to a bunch of different schools!

Guys, I am mostly memeing on here lol, but to be fair it is somewhat obvious that Indiana does indeed do some form of initial screening on the primaries they "receive". People who have submitted their primaries in August are getting the received emails before people who were verified before the submission date. While no one knows what this means, it is pretty clear that IU is not just downloading these batches of primaries on a date sent basis.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, I am mostly memeing on here lol, but to be fair it is somewhat obvious that Indiana does indeed do some form of initial screening on the primaries they "receive". People who have submitted their primaries in August are getting the received emails before people who were verified before the submission date. While no one knows what this means, it is pretty clear that IU is not just downloading these batches of primaries on a date sent basis.
Idk bro I got a received email over a week ago and still haven’t heard anything. Idk if them downloading your primary indicates anything as of yet

Idk bro I got a received email over a week ago and still haven’t heard anything. Idk if them downloading your primary indicates anything as of yet
Yeah I’m not sold on this indicating an II or anything like that

Well, let's put it this way. Let's see if anyone gets a II without them "receiving" your primary lol.

I think someone said earlier that the received step is just one step of the process

What I am guessing the process is:

Send Primary in -> brief/ robo screening -> Received email -> Actual Screening -> II or R

people with II, how long after II email did you get a date for your interview? was it after everything was marked as received in the status tab?
Afaik none of us have had dates scheduled yet. They're still slogging through our paperwork so that we can qualify for a date to be scheduled.

Speaking of which,
My prereqs were just marked received, may want to check yours as well. Just waiting on that Dean eval now.

I think someone said earlier that the received step is just one step of the process

What I am guessing the process is:

Send Primary in -> brief/ robo screening -> Received email -> Actual Screening -> II or R
I wonder if they see snapshots of our stats or other identifying info before they choose which apps to download. They implied that the app received email is sent automatically when an app is 'downloaded', right? I'd assume they eventually download all of them though, so it might be a mix of what Kanye is saying and what others are saying.

I have yet to hear back from them yet, AMCAS verified on 07Jul. Who should I email?

No confirmation email regarding them receiving my primary.

I have yet to hear back from them yet, AMCAS verified on 07Jul. Who should I email?

No confirmation email regarding them receiving my primary.
Don’t think you need to email anyone. I was verified a full month before you and only just today got the confirmation email. They are either downloading in batches or screening so just be patient

Don’t think you need to email anyone. I was verified a full month before you and only just today got the confirmation email. They are either downloading in batches or screening so just be patient

Gotcha. I appreciate the reply.

Has anyone been able to schedule their Interview yet? I feel weird waiting around in the grey zone with an II but all the materials not marked complete yet...

You won’t really schedule your interview. They’ll eventually just reach out and tell you what day time and campus it’s at.

Has anyone with an II sent the Dean of Students Eval over email to them? My undergrad is doing both mail and electronic submissions and they asked if they'll take it over email to speed up the process.

Has anyone with an II sent the Dean of Students Eval over email to them? My undergrad is doing both mail and electronic submissions and they asked if they'll take it over email to speed up the process.

IU told me that they could email the Dean Eval to their office if my school was working remotely

After looking through the rest of this forum, it seems like I have lucked out and received the fastest possible processing. With that in mind, wanted to share what the timeline looked like for me. IS EDP - I think it is safe to say that IS and EDP applicants have been given preferential screening, but I am interested to see if any OOS Regular Decision Applicants have a similar timeline to mine.

AMCAS Verified - July 7th
App Received - July 13th
Interview Invite - August 4th
All Application Categories marked complete - August 14th

Summary of all questions during process:
1.) Dean's Evaluation - can be sent by mail to address found on evaluation form or emailed to IUSM [email protected] - marked complete 5 days after school sent to IU.

2.) Graduate Fee Paid - marked complete on portal about 5 days after initial transaction

3.) Letters of Reference - marked complete prior to portal login - 2nd letter from science faculty member can replace non-science faculty - must be a faculty who has taught you in a course for a grade
-Accepted: (1) Bio Professor (2) Pre-Health Advisor - taught Global Health course for grade (3) IUSM Faculty

4.) Pre-Requisites Met - marked complete about 24 hours after graduate application fee marked complete

Questions Remaining:
1.) Is there a way to pref interview dates and times or will they provide you with a time and date?
2.) What is the timeline for Scholarly Concentration Programs - will there be a separate interview?
-Anyone here planning on applying to one of these?

Just making sure I'm not missing anything. Submitted verified app to Indiana on Aug 6th/7th. Still haven't received email about app being received. Although glancing through this thread it seems peeps that have done so much earlier than me are in the same boat. No other action from me is needed at this point right?

Just making sure I'm not missing anything. Submitted verified app to Indiana on Aug 6th/7th. Still haven't received email about app being received. Although glancing through this thread it seems peeps that have done so much earlier than me are in the same boat. No other action from me is needed at this point right?

Nope, when you get it is when you get it it seems. Good luck and may the adcoms be in your favor!

I accidentally included my MCAT scores in the Graduate CAS application and realized after submitting that I wasn't supposed to. Should I email/call Indiana and let them know about it?

I accidentally included my MCAT scores in the Graduate CAS application and realized after submitting that I wasn't supposed to. Should I email/call Indiana and let them know about it?

I wouldn't bring attention to it, I'm sure you won't be the only one. Just hope they gloss over it when reviewing everything (which I'm sure they will with all the apps they have ;)).

How long did it take for people to receive II after the “we have received your primary app” email? Finally got mine today so just curious

How long did it take for people to receive II after the “we have received your primary app” email? Finally got mine today so just curious
I’ve seen some people get them in just a week or even less. Other people have gotten the primary confirmation and no II. So if they like ya it could be very quick

Wow you have definitely lucked out. My Dean’s Evaluation was mailed over a week ago, no response. Letters of reference not checked still. And for prereqs, I’m short 0.3 hours in Biochemistry, most likely due to my school being a quarter system. I’ve emailed them about the Prereq situation and haven’t gotten a response yet.
How did you check what prereqs you're short on specifically?

For those who got II, has anyone received an official interview date?