2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not yet :/ my dean's evaluation form still hasn't been marked as received
Same! Neither has my legal disclosure form and letters of rec

Members don't see this ad.

How did you check what prereqs you're short on specifically?

On the checklist page, when you scroll down it’ll show a table of the prereqs and then they fill out how many hours are short. The table appeared a couple days after the grad fee was checked.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got II, has anyone received an official interview date?

Received II on 8/10. Still waiting on dean eval, payment, and prereqs. I submitted everything on 8/10 and 8/11, so hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain to me what this deans of evaluation thing is? Is it required to be complete? I'v never heard of it before and am not even sure if my school even offers it

Can someone explain to me what this deans of evaluation thing is? Is it required to be complete? I'v never heard of it before and am not even sure if my school even offers it

The Dean Eval is a form that your undergraduate institution has to send to IU in order to get an interview date set. It basically has a dean report if any disciplinary action has been taken against you while a student. They send you the form when you get an II and it has to be received by IU before they schedule your interview.

I emailed the form to my school's Office of Dean of Students and someone there was able to help me get it filled out.

it looks like only the acknowledgment form and fee were specified to be returned in 7 days but has anyone's fee been updated on the portal yet? today is the 7th day for me lol

Interview invite today 8/18, got primary app received email 8/13. Was verified 6/9.

So it seems like the Dean's eval has to be printed from their applicant portal and then mailed back to Indiana. Is this correct?

Interview invite today 8/18, got primary app received email 8/13. Was verified 6/9.

So it seems like the Dean's eval has to be printed from their applicant portal and then mailed back to Indiana. Is this correct?

Correct. Though there's a post above that says your institution can email the document to IU

Anyone know what the "Legacy Disclosure" requirement is?

I've already uploaded the "Legal Disclosure". But I can't seem to find any information about the other one??

Anyone know what the "Legacy Disclosure" requirement is?

I've already uploaded the "Legal Disclosure". But I can't seem to find any information about the other one??
There is a place in the portal to disclose if you have a parent who attended or works at the school of medicine. That’s all

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. Though there's a post above that says your institution can email the document to IU
I think that post stated that they emailed the form to their college's Office of Students, but not email it to IU. Looking at the Dean's Eval IU sent out, it seems like you have to physically mail it since it gives an address to return to?

I think that post stated that they emailed the form to their college's Office of Students, but not email it to IU. Looking at the Dean's Eval IU sent out, it seems like you have to physically mail it since it gives an address to return to?

1.) Dean's Evaluation - can be sent by mail to address found on evaluation form or emailed to IUSM [email protected] - marked complete 5 days after school sent to IU.

From what I understand, it's saying the form can be emailed to [email protected]

After receiving the II everything is marked received on my Portal Status page, do I have to do anything more or will they just reach out to me with a specific date and time of Interview?

Payment was marked received as of yesterday, 7 days after paying. Just waiting on dean eval now!

Did you guys upload the legal disclosure form in the graduate application or in IU's secondary portal?

My dean's eval and letters of reference have yet to be marked received despite the dean's eval being mailed a week ago. Also when I click on the letters of eval it shows my committee letter as normal - just not marked complete. This the case for anyone else?

My dean's eval and letters of reference have yet to be marked received despite the dean's eval being mailed a week ago. Also when I click on the letters of eval it shows my committee letter as normal - just not marked complete. This the case for anyone else?
I’m same boat for deans evaluation, I think they just have to link it manually so it takes them a hot minute

My dean’s was checked off yesterday but LOR’s are the same as yours.

Had my Dean's Evaluation sent 2 weeks ago via email from IU Bloomington to IUSM, but it's still not checked as completed in the portal. Any other applicants (in-state or otherwise) have this happen? Curious if/when I should send an email.

Had my Dean's Evaluation sent 2 weeks ago via email from IU Bloomington to IUSM, but it's still not checked as completed in the portal. Any other applicants (in-state or otherwise) have this happen? Curious if/when I should send an email.

mine was emailed 8 days ago and I'm still waiting too

My undergrad mailed mine on the 7th. Still nothing.

Wondering if I'm not the only one. Has anyone also not received a single email from this school yet?

Reactions: 6 users
it looks like only the acknowledgment form and fee were specified to be returned in 7 days but has anyone's fee been updated on the portal yet? today is the 7th day for me lol

Mine updated about 10 days after I paid the fee and submitted the app

Wondering if I'm not the only one. Has anyone also not received a single email from this school yet?

I think the vast majority of us are still waiting for IU to download our apps from the AMCAS portal. Just hang tight!

Reactions: 3 users
So do we only receive an email to access their portal if we are going to get an II? I got the primary app received email earlier this week but just curious

So do we only receive an email to access their portal if we are going to get an II? I got the primary app received email earlier this week but just curious
Yes

Did any OOS applicants pre-II email IU about their ties to Indiana? I would assume disclosing any associations to the school and or state would come after an II (since there really isn't a secondary per se)?

I emailed IU (still waiting on complete email) and received this:

The application is likely in our queue for downloading. We do not mass download applications. We download and start processing applications roughly in the order that they were submitted to us, so there may be applications submitted earlier that we are currently working on. Once we have downloaded and started processing your application, you will receive a confirmation email from our office.

Hello all.
I've received my II and have filled out my basic info on the IUPUI graduate application. Does anyone know if we are supposed to upload a transcript or fill out the GPA or achievement fields? Or if there are any documents we are supposed to upload? The instructions are very ambiguous.

Thanks

EDIT: For those interested, I'm in-state, AMCAS app was reviewed 8/12, and I received my II 8/18

Hello all.
I've received my II and have filled out my basic info on the IUPUI graduate application. Does anyone know if we are supposed to upload a transcript or fill out the GPA or achievement fields? Or if there are any documents we are supposed to upload? The instructions are very ambiguous.

Thanks

EDIT: For those interested, I'm in-state, AMCAS app was reviewed 8/12, and I received my II 8/18
In the supplemental information pdf they sent, they said to not upload any additional materials (transcripts, achievements) unless you select YES to the Criminal Activity Disclosure Policy question, and to not fill out the MCAT scores in the test information section. I think GPA is okay to fill out because they didn't say not to.

Hello all.

Thanks

I emailed and asked about GPA and they told me it didn't really matter because they are going to use your AMCAS gpa anyway. So I didn't self report a GPA

I emailed and asked about GPA and they told me it didn't really matter because they are going to use your AMCAS gpa anyway. So I didn't self report a GPA
How long did it take you to get a response through email?

II eight days ago. OOS (Ohio), moderate ties (research collaboration)

Still waiting on:

- Dean's Eval
- Payment
- LORs
- Pre-reqs

Have submitted them all; however, they're delayed with checking them off.

I haven't received any email from IU about my primary app, but was able to login to their portal.
Should I fill it out and pay Or should I wait until I get II email?
In their program materials section it says "The application must be received by September 10 in order to receive a status update and prevent cancellation of the application."
I'm confused...

Last edited:
I haven't received any email from IU about my primary app, but was able to login to their portal.
In their program materials section it says "The application must be received by September 10 in order to receive a status update and prevent cancellation of the application."
I'm confused...

what’d you use for your username and password?

I'm confused...

that’s weird but I absolutely would not do that lol. there’s an electronic record of all of their communication with you. if they see you invited yourself for an interview, it may ruin your chances of receiving an actual invite. just my two cents.

Reactions: 2 users
that’s weird but I absolutely would not do that lol. there’s an electronic record of all of their communication with you. if they see you invited yourself for an interview, it may ruin your chances of receiving an actual invite. just my two cents.
So not submit it just to play safe and wait for an II email then