2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received, IS EDP, MD only

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you all received confirmation emails prior to II's? I got my primary confirmation email today

Reactions: 1 user
Uh oh got all excited about my II but then see how much emphasis they put on any student code of conduct violations, that’s a RIP to my app

II, IS EDP, MD only, submitted primary app on 7/26. Beyond pumped!

Anyone figure out how to make an account for their applicant portal? I might be dense.

The instructions for a non-science LOR state they need to be from a professor who taught you in a class and gave you a letter grade. Would anyone know how flexible they are with this? My non-science LOR is from a psych professor who I did a research internship with, it's not exactly a class but I did get a letter grade. Kind of nervous this is gonna tank my app unless I can get another letter asap

The instructions for a non-science LOR state they need to be from a professor who taught you in a class and gave you a letter grade. Would anyone know how flexible they are with this? My non-science LOR is from a psych professor who I did a research internship with, it's not exactly a class but I did get a letter grade. Kind of nervous this is gonna tank my app unless I can get another letter asap
You said they assigned you a letter grade though, right? And they technically taught you? I think you'll be alright using that letter

I think you might need to pay the Graduate Application fee first?
You also can't start the graduate application, unless I'm mistaken. I found it listed under 'future programs' with no way to start it.

Members don't see this ad :)
II In-state MD! The link to the graduate application from the email didn’t work, but I did find the IUPUI graduate school application on their website: Liaison International, Centralized Application Service
This is what I found there. The spot labelled 'Future' is the spot you would normally click to add the program to your application. I'm planning to call the number listed under the program description tomorrow during their business hours, I'll update here when I do
Screenshot (151).png

You also can't start the graduate application, unless I'm mistaken. I found it listed under 'future programs' with no way to start it.
I ran into the same problem. We might have to wait a bit until they update that.

I ran into the same problem. We might have to wait a bit until they update that.
Yeah, it's just got me worried given their 7 day deadlines. I'm guessing they don't actually remove your application if that stuff's not in within 7 days, as (loosely) evidenced by last year's thread, but I'm not taking that chance.

Ok, in the Centralized Application Service portal, and can’t find the IUSM MD Program. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do?

Does Indiana have a MCAT cutoff score? Can’t seem to find it on their website..

Ok, in the Centralized Application Service portal, and can’t find the IUSM MD Program. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do?
You have to click on 'filters' and select 'Future programs', then search for medicine. At least that's what worked for me

II, MD/PhD, OOS
Did it say anywhere it was specifically MD/PhD? I applied for the combined program and received an interview invite today, but it didn't indicate MSTP or combined program anywhere in my email, attached docs, or on the portal. I'm wondering if I was already pushed to the MD only pool.

Last edited:
I can't find the MD program

EDIT: What the poster above me said works.

Figuring out this application is making me wonder if I’m even smart enough to be a doctor. Thinking they make it difficult on purpose...

Reactions: 3 users
Figuring out this application is making me wonder if I’m even smart enough to be a doctor. Thinking they make it difficult on purpose...

I selected MD program but it's not allowing me to continue.

I can't find the MD program

EDIT: What the poster above me said works.
You can find it there, but it’s not clickable. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask about this. Will update when I get a reply.

Reactions: 2 users
You can find it there, but it’s not clickable. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask about this. Will update when I get a reply.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been clicking it several times hoping something will change. Thanks for emailing

OOS here, just got my II today. Just to be sure, no one's been able to successfully get in to their app yet, right? Like I found the program in the portal but can't add it

@oncoboy @scineurd if you could please so kindly donate your complete and II date to the running MD/PhD II thread, we would love thee verily so (good resource for the small MD/PhD pool, helps current and future applicants)

*** 2020-2021 MD/PhD Interview Invites ***

also mine didn't say anything about mstp either...or md/phd...even though that's how i applied...

Anyone who’s trying to access their portal just go to Indiana University SOM
Then hit reset password and enter the main email you’ve used for your primaries then boom you’re in

^ Fun fact I didn't get an interview invite but tried this out of curiosity and can still get into the applicant portal! Adding to my list of portals to neurotically check every day now lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
^ Fun fact I didn't get an interview invite but tried this out of curiosity and we can still get into my applicant portal! Adding to my list of portals to neurotically check each day now lol

Time to give yourself an II

also fingers crossed ily <3

• Love
^ Fun fact I didn't get an interview invite but tried this out of curiosity and can still get into the applicant portal! Adding to my list of portals to neurotically check each day now lol
What does it say about your status? No II for me either

What does it say about your status? No II for me either
The status page doesn't have an "application complete" entry like most schools. Everything has an X other than MCAT score (including LORs, Prereqs, and something called a "Dean's Evaluation"). Can't do much other than upload a photo haha. We'll just have to keep being patient!

Would it be a bad idea to email the admissions office asking for confirmation that they received my app? Still havent received a confirmation email yet

Would it be a bad idea to email the admissions office asking for confirmation that they received my app? Still havent received a confirmation email yet

I wouldn’t email them. They slowly pull apps from AMCAS over time not all at once

Did it say anywhere it was specifically MD/PhD? I applied for the combined program and received an interview invite today, but it didn't indicate MSTP or combined program anywhere in my email, attached docs, or on the portal. I'm wondering if I was already pushed to the MD only pool.
It actually didn't say MD/PhD anywhere. Now I'm worried I was moved to regular MD too!

• Hmm
  • Haha
Everyone is sitting here talking about IIs and i'm like... did you get my primary application or...

I know its early in the season, and from past years I know IU is a bit lackluster in the communications department, but I still can't help but wonder what's going on. I know I am competitive for this school, but this is making me have second thoughts. Hope i'm not the only one in this boat.

end neurotic post.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Everyone is sitting here talking about IIs and i'm like... did you get my primary application or...

I know its early in the season, and from past years I know IU is a bit lackluster in the communications department, but I still can't help but wonder what's going on. I know I am competitive for this school, but this is making me have second thoughts. Hope i'm not the only one in this boat.

end neurotic post.
I got a confirmation they got my primary today, and I was verified day 1, so I wouldn’t worry yet

It actually didn't say MD/PhD anywhere. Now I'm worried I was moved to regular MD too!

:smack: Now I have contributed to the neuroticism...they must be having us complete the MD supplemental info stuff. I doubt if you me and @jjame all applied dual degree and got a general interview invite the first day that we all got bumped. Thanks for the reassurance and I hope I didn't cause any panic!

• Haha
Just received an email from IUSM letting me know that you can access the applicant portal by clicking the 'Forgot Password' link and entering your AMCAS ID number. I just tried it and it worked. The portal does say that my prerequisites have not been met, though... anyone else? I am fairly sure I have taken all the courses IUSM requires.

:smack: Now I have contributed to the neuroticism...they must be having us complete the MD supplemental info stuff. I doubt if you me and @jjame all applied dual degree and got a general interview invite the first day that we all got bumped. Thanks for the reassurance and I hope I didn't cause any panic!

They just emailed from the MSTP specifically, we should be Gucci now.

Just received an email from IUSM letting me know that you can access the applicant portal by clicking the 'Forgot Password' link and entering your AMCAS ID number. I just tried it and it worked. The portal does say that my prerequisites have not been met, though... anyone else? I am fairly sure I have taken all the courses IUSM requires.

Yep same boat for prereqs, definitely met them.

I can't read I guess, if you look at the top of the document status page it says they don't review prereqs until the graduate app fee is paid. Now if only we could access the graduate app lol

• Haha
They just emailed from the MSTP specifically, we should be Gucci now.

Just for everyone to know - my MSTP email was sent to an account that is not listed on my application so check them all!

• Wow
I can't read I guess, if you look at the top of the document status page it says they don't review prereqs until the graduate app fee is paid. Now if only we could access the graduate app lol

Dude same boat

sign.jpg

• Haha
You have to click on 'filters' and select 'Future programs', then search for medicine. At least that's what worked for me
It's working now! It's not listed under Future programs so you can go ahead and select MD as the program.

Has anyone figured out where to include your AAMC ID in the Graduate School Application?

Went to My Application --> Program Materials --> Medicine MD --> Questions

Then it asks the question, "Did you include your AMCAS on the Graduate School Application?" Followed by "please include your AMCAS ID."

Is this the only place that we need to include our AMCAS ID or is there another place in the application that we needed to include it?

Does anyone know exactly what kinds of information we should be putting on the graduate school application? It says in the form NOT to upload any additional materials but not sure what stuff they DO want us to fill out. I think in order to even submit it we have to fill out the personal information section at least right?? E.g Do we still put "colleges attended" and "GPA entries"?