2020-2021 Columbia VP&S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Medical schools are required by AAMC to notify acceptances by March 15th, so there's that at least!
I don't think so, Hopkins told us on our interview day to expect results in "late March"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so, Hopkins told us on our interview day to expect results in "late March"
I think the school has to send out acceptances for every seat in the class by March 15. So if the class size is 100, at least 100 acceptances must go out by March 15.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the school has to send out acceptances for every seat in the class by March 15. So if the class size is 100, at least 100 acceptances must go out by March 15.
Ahhhh I see, that's interesting I didn't know that

Do we think that we'll have to wait until next Monday? Do they always release on a Monday?

• Sad
Do we think that we'll have to wait until next Monday? Do they always release on a Monday?
In 2020 they released on a Monday but in 2019 it was a Thursday. Personally my bet is still on sometime this week.

Reactions: 4 users
A!!!!! interviewed late jan. they just sent us an email to check our portal :)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Word of one individual. Let's wait for more info

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG A!!!! I honestly can't believe this holy cow

Received email at: 11:13am

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
i didn't get any email and also don't see anything on my portal yet

Are you all see changes your portal before getting the email?

• Hmm
Accepted like an hour ago via an email to check the portal!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Would love if you guys could include the times you received the emails but no pressure!

Oh no, also nothing yet! Congratulations!!!!

also didn't get any email, fingers crossed for just a WL at this point lol.

Congrats to all those who got the A!!!

Also got an A, guessing they're sending emails in chunks

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
A!! Earlier today but wasn’t even looking at my phone lol wooo! Congrats everyone!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
i got the portal email at 10:57 eastern for those asking! i had checked my portal pretty recently before and the offer letter wasnt there until after the email

• Love
Just got the R, congrats to all the accepted students! Hopefully our paths will cross in the future!

• Care
Went from cursing to cheering on my continued ghosting lol

I know my chances of an A are ultimately not promising but still ****ting myself currently during this wait

Pre-empting this: anyone got an over/under on waitlist movement this year? lmao

I just got a post-II R from Harvard this morning. Please Lord give me an A or at least a WL 🥺

Edit: Got the R.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do you think they’ll do an evening batch?
I hope so! It looks like the number of As so far are less than what they were last year. Maybe they're confirming each name one by one and sending emails out interspersed

ACCEPTED 😭😭 is this real life [got my email at 11:17, after being sure I was W/R’d because my friend got their A like 7 min before, so yes, def waves!]

• Love
I just got a post-II R from Harvard this morning. Please Lord give me an A or at least a WL 🥺
Same today has been the longest day of my life and it's only noon

• Care
Post-II R at noon eastern. An hour after a post-II R from Harvard at 11... What a way to start the day.

• Care
  • Sad