2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really nervous that I haven’t gotten a secondary. This is one of my top-ranked schools. :(
SAME!!!! I think we just need to stay patient and continue to stay positive during this thing. Applying to medical school is such a random process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To all my fellow FAP applicants:

you need to e-mail admissions about your FAP status in order for them to process your payment. Don’t get stuck like me thinking it was automatic...

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
To all my fellow FAP applicants:

you need to e-mail admissions about your FAP status in order for them to process your payment. Don’t get stuck like me thinking it was automatic...
So do we email them first before we go to the payment website? Will they give us a code or will the system know we are FAP applicants after emailing them?

And thank you in advance for this!

Members don't see this ad :)
So do we email them first before we go to the payment website? Will they give us a code or will the system know we are FAP applicants after emailing them?

And thank you in advance for this!

So I submitted my secondary, uploaded my picture, and I was curious about the payment process. In the e-mail it says it would be waived but when I went to the payment website, it was letting me process it.

I e-mailed Admissions and they said to send a copy of our FAP waiver and they will process it themselves.

sorry if this wasn’t helpful but this is what I did haha.

So I submitted my secondary, uploaded my picture, and I was curious about the payment process. In the e-mail it says it would be waived but when I went to the payment website, it was letting me process it.

I e-mailed Admissions and they said to send a copy of our FAP waiver and they will process it themselves.

sorry if this wasn’t helpful but this is what I did haha.
haha it's cool. I'll just sent them an email confirming they know of my FAP waiver and attach a copy of the waiver in the email.

Congrats!!! When did you receive and submit your secondary?

Secondary received 08/20
Submitted 08/22?

if you read above, I ran into some issues processing the payment. I sent my FAP waiver details two days ago and just received the II today at 14:00PM.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received 08/20
Submitted 08/22?

if you read above, I ran into some issues processing the payment. I sent my FAP waiver details two days ago and just received the II today at 14:00PM.
Okay cool. Thanks! About to send mine later today. What interview dates do they have so far?

You have been receiving a lot of interview invites. Do you mind sharing stats?

i only have 2 interview invites. I hope that doesn’t come off the wrong way, I’m extremely thankful, but definitely not a lot by any means. Sorry if I come off that way. This is my first cycle and I don’t know how to behave myself haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
i only have 2 interview invites. I hope that doesn’t come off the wrong way, I’m extremely thankful, but definitely not a lot by any means. Sorry if I come off that way. This is my first cycle and I don’t know how to behave myself haha.
Oop- sorry I could have sworn I saw you on most other forums talking about your invites. My mistake, but anyways good luck on your interview, I'm sure you'll slay!!!!

Those who received secondaries, how long after you received the "Primary Application received" email did you receive the secondary? It's been about 10 days since I received that email

Those who received secondaries, how long after you received the "Primary Application received" email did you receive the secondary? It's been about 10 days since I received that email
5 days for me. Primary verified 8/19, primary received 8/20, secondary invite 8/25

Last edited:
hmmm...Yeah I definitely passed over lol
Hey this is just like the first round of invites. As a caveat, I'm super nontraditional-lots of school and work/life experience. I'm also a reapplicant. They quickly rejected me the first time I applied lmao

Do they really wait until January to send out acceptances? That's a grueling waiting period especially if you interview early

I still haven't received a secondary here yet. It's really discouraging because this is one of my top 2 choices

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
So they only had one date available for interviews.

I'm scheduled for 09/19 at 8:00A.M.

I hope everyone else gets good news too!!!

Reactions: 2 users
So they only had one date available for interviews.

I'm scheduled for 09/19 at 8:00A.M.

I hope everyone else gets good news too!!!
Oh, one more question, did they call and/or emailed the interview invite?

Just submitted my secondary. *crosses fingers* For those wondering about the number of LORs, (I'm too lazy to scroll up to find out who asked lol), Drew asks for 3-5. They tell you that after you submit the secondary.

Has anyone without an MCAT received a secondary? I am IS and ORM. Thanks.

Didn't get a secondary and it's been 2 weeks :/

Secondary received 08/20
Submitted 08/22?

Did they say anything to after you emailed your FAP waiver? Like a confirmation?
I sent everything Friday afternoon

Received secondary today. Submitted primary on 08/25/2020.

Anyone else get an ii without an mcat score? super strange.... but extremely thankful!
I'm scheduled for the 9/11/20 mcat date, but I just got blessed with an ii on 09/19/20 @ 8:00AM.

IS, URM, veteran, 3.65, no mcat

1598969203127.png

Gotcha! Congrats. I think because of COVID, especially with you being in Cali, they are still reviewing and interviewing without MCATs. They sent me a secondary even tho my MCAT is Lowwwww and im retaking the MCAT in September as well

Anyone else get an ii without an mcat score? super strange.... but extremely thankful!
I'm scheduled for the 9/11/20 mcat date, but I just got blessed with an ii on 09/19/20 @ 8:00AM.

View attachment 317428
Hey I got an interview too for the same date! Have they sent you any of the additional information about the interview yet?

Gotcha! Congrats. I think because of COVID, especially with you being in Cali, they are still reviewing and interviewing without MCATs. They sent me a secondary even tho my MCAT is Lowwwww and im retaking the MCAT in September as well

Thanks, I appreciate it! Best of luck to you on your test day!

Hey I got an interview too for the same date! Have they sent you any of the additional information about the interview yet?

Hey Congrats! Nothing so far! I was expecting at minimum a courtesy email with some instructions haha.

Its been two weeks since I received the "primary application received" email. When do you think is a good time to reach out about receiving a secondary? I'm only pursuing reaching out because I have a strong mission fit with the school.

Does anyone know if they are doing MMIs or a traditional interview this year?

View attachment 317428

Im scheduled for the same day and they haven’t followed up with me. Just have to wait and be patient. This school is on the list for VITA so I’m curious how they’re handling that.

Btw this is they said regarding MCAT

RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC - MCAT
We will accept applications from individuals who were unable to take the MCAT due to COVID-related test cancellations. For these candidates, we will base secondary application decisions on the information that is available to us at the time of the application. Assuming that MCAT testing resumes prior to October, we will require applicants to have taken the MCAT before we make admissions decisions for the Class of 2025. Accordingly, applicants should not delay applying simply because an MCAT score is not yet available.

Its been two weeks since I received the "primary application received" email. When do you think is a good time to reach out about receiving a secondary? I'm only pursuing reaching out because I have a strong mission fit with the school.
following this mainly -- i didnt even know it was rly an option to reach out about sending a secondary, bc their email said we should expect them now til november? what r other folks thoughts?