2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the email is sent to applicants whose application is marked as complete.
Can everyone who got the email confirm that they have been already marked complete?

I am marked complete

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: I just got the email earlier this morning... not sure if everyone gets this email for turning in a secondary or if it actually means we have competitive stats to get an interview? Guess we'll find out
Can you elaborate on the email. Is that all it says or was there more to it?

Can you elaborate on the email. Is that all it says or was there more to it?

It is an email from the office of diversity stating basically that they are impressed with my stats and that they are seeking for innovative minds who can make the class more diverse. It could be sent in an alphabetical order of some sort or chronologically... I am not entirely sure tbh. But I am sure you are still fine either way

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 6/25/2020. Application complete today 7/13/2020. They said processing was taking longer than 2 weeks.

So I met this DO physician through his wife, who I have known for a long time as a friend. But in my LOR, he states ""my name here", who was first introduced to me when I met my wife back in "insert year here"'..... Do you all think this would be considered "a relative" just from that sentence? Im not related to either of them but I could see how that can be interpreted as me being related to them...... Thoughts? Or should I just submit my MD letter to SOMA instead? Thank you in advance!

Will it matter if my MD letter isn't from a Primary care doctor? On the AACOMAS app it says they require a letter from a PCP but mine is from an ophtho so will it not count?

Will it matter if my MD letter isn't from a Primary care doctor? On the AACOMAS app it says they require a letter from a PCP but mine is from an ophtho so will it not count?

following I didn't know this... and my MD letter is from ophtho as well lol

Reactions: 2 users
I got lucky with an IM doctor. I would call them tomorrow and make sure you are fine because I didn't know that myself or email.

i had a DO anesthesiologist & was marked complete by both campuses.

I had ER docs and mines marked complete and has been for around a week or so.

I also had a DO ER doc as my physician LOR and was marked complete on 6/29.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think it’s a hard and fast rule at all. If it were it would be a bit more specific and tbh that’s an unfair request.

yeah you're good guys~!! my letter is from an MD ophtho and my letters of recommendation have all been marked complete :)

Reactions: 1 users
My letter is from an MD Family med. I had emailed them with a few questions a while back and they got back really fast with good answers. If you want to know for sure you can reach out. Tbh I think you should be fine

Do you guys think we should start to hear back about II's this coming week?

To those who have received the secondary. Is it required to list 3 clinical experiences? I only have 2.

To those who have received the secondary. Is it required to list 3 clinical experiences? I only have 2.

i don’t think it’s required but if you can split up your experiences into more than 2 that might be preferred. Orkeep it how you uploaded it into aacomas.

I got the diversity email too! From both campuses, I got so excited thinking they extended me an interview and when I opened it, it looked like a courtesy email :laugh: weird that everyone didn't receive it tho

I got the diversity email too! From both campuses, I got so excited thinking they extended me an interview and when I opened it, it looked like a courtesy email :laugh: weird that everyone didn't receive it tho

What is the diversity email?

What is the diversity email?
Basically, a few days after submitting my secondary and getting marked as complete, I received an email from the office of diversity congratulating me on completing my secondary & saying they're impressed with my credentials and that interviews are around the corner

• Hmm
Should I just copy and paste over my activities from AACOMAS or should I come up with new descriptions?

Same. I got an email yesterday with my rejection. My rejection was post secondary
Whoa, that was reasonably quick. I am sorry to hear, but do not give up, another school will desire to have you both as students. I will be waiting for my rejection email soon... :yawn:

Got rejected post secondary too! They said it was purely GPA and MCAT based. That’s why I’m doing a 1 year masters to raise that GPA and show them I can handle it lol. Taking it at Midwestern if I do well enough on it then it guarantees you an interview at Midwestern plus the other perks of showing you handled your crap lol.

Got rejected post secondary too! They said it was purely GPA and MCAT based. That’s why I’m doing a 1 year masters to raise that GPA and show them I can handle it lol. Taking it at Midwestern if I do well enough on it then it guarantees you an interview at Midwestern plus the other perks of showing you handled your crap lol.
GPA is 3.3 and MCAT was 500...Midwestern told me last cycle that my mcat is fine, just need to pass masters and I should be lock.

GPA is 3.3 and MCAT was 500...Midwestern told me last cycle that my mcat is fine, just need to pass masters and I should be lock.
Just Keep on grinding! Thanks for sharing, I feel ya, just gotta keep pushing forward.

Thanks for sharing. And yes^^ keep on grinding!

For the service activities on the secondary application, would it be appropriate to put hours where it says "tutor" if it was paid? Or are they just looking for unpaid?

For the service activities on the secondary application, would it be appropriate to put hours where it says "tutor" if it was paid? Or are they just looking for unpaid?
The tutoring was also in my college, not for underserved

For the LoR's section, they ask for the "Degree" of the Letter Writer. Is it asking for their highest degree like (D.O., M.D., Ph.D) or like WHAT they got their degree in like (BS in Human Biology)?

For the LoR's section, they ask for the "Degree" of the Letter Writer. Is it asking for their highest degree like (D.O., M.D., Ph.D) or like WHAT they got their degree in like (BS in Human Biology)?
I'm pretty sure it's the highest degree

1595985942128.png

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected. Verified 4 Jul, Secondary Submitted 14 Jul, Marked Complete 24 Jul.

Crushin this cycle...

Mid-July
My application was marked complete 7/24, so I got rejected really quick. Wonder if it had to do with my stats

Keep your head up!! What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Keep your head up!! What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Graduated last year with a low GPA (3.1), did 16 credits of post-bacc work and maintained 4.0. Due to financial constraints, SMP is not an option for me. Took the MCAT 3 times, with highest score on the 3rd attempt. Did extremely well in Bio/Biochem and Psych/Soc. CARS messed up my entire scored. Ended up with 500. My previous attempts were lower than 500.
Don't know where I went wrong. I've shown improvement in my grades and my MCAT. Have lots of clinical experience and research experience. Strong connections to those who wrote my LORs.