2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where you goin' instead?! Mind sharing stats (GPA, MCAT, IS/OOS, Timeline)?
As of right now I'm going to Lincoln Memorial in Knoxville. I am waitlisted at Marian University and am still waiting to hear back from Indiana University after an interview (both of these schools are from my state).

sGPA: 3.48
cGPA: 3.58
MCAT: 504 (126/123/129/126)

I don't have exact an exact timeline but I submitted my primary the first week of May, submitted secondary the first week of July, interviewed on October 5th, and was accepted on October 15th.

Good luck to you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how rotations work here for 3rd and 4th years? If I wanted to rotate in michigan for example during third and fourth year, am i guaranteed able to do this?

Does anyone know how rotations work here for 3rd and 4th years? If I wanted to rotate in michigan for example during third and fourth year, am i guaranteed able to do this?

From what I understand, you get placed at one core rotation site for the 3rd and 4th year. I believe you rank sites and most people get their first choice. It looks like they do have a few core rotation sites in Michigan right now, but apparently the available sites do fluctuate from year to year. Not yet a current student, but will be matriculating next year and this is what current students I’ve talked to have said.

The only way to guarantee a Michigan site is to spend an extra year as a Fellow and preselect your site.

Otherwise, you select your top 6 based on the list offered your year. You can also write one letter of intent to your top choice. Up to half of the students can be chosen by each site based on letters written. Then the rest of the students will be matched using a lottery system.

Michigan has been competitive each year with only a few spots available after students are pre-approved.

While many students get their first choice, it really depends on your year and how competitive each site is. They hold mock matches in December and January to gauge competitiveness of each.

Reactions: 2 users
Any other 11/16 interviewees still waiting to hear back?

Any one tried to reach out? I think I remember them saying to reach out if we have not heard in 4 weeks...
So I emailed this morning since Friday was the end of the 4th week since my interview and I got this response...ugh...

"Hello. We hope your week has been going well. We added a couple of interview days to this cycle due to virtual interviews. We are running behind with decisions. We will do our best to have a decision to you by the end of the week. Take care and have a great start to your week!"
I did on Monday

Interviewed 12/07 and I just received a call! So happy to be part of ATSU. My hands are literally shaking

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So uh, still having trouble feeling like it's real. Interviewed 12/14...Acceptance today. I even asked Dr. Selby, "Are you serious?! I thought we wouldn't hear back until end of January per the answer I got during the interview!" She told me she was serious. I'm still in shock!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else getting kind of nervous that the rest of us are probably being waitlisted? 😅

Wow, congrats and crazy quick turnaround! They must really want you!
I'm sure there were a bunch of qualified interviewees but I'm absolutely humbled by the decision and the quick turnaround! I'm so excited to see yall soon!

Anyone else getting kind of nervous that the rest of us are probably being waitlisted? 😅
Hang in there, it seems like there are people who interviewed in November getting the A call

Interviewed on 12/14 and just got an acceptance call!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 12/03 and was accepted! Will not be taking the seat though, so really hoping it goes to one of you :)

Well it's the end of week 5 since my interview and still nothing...

• Care
Accepted email pending a seat! Seems like the class is full. Interviewed 12/11

• Care
"You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat." does this mean waitlist?

• Care
"You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat." does this mean waitlist?
I called and she said it’s an accepted waitlist pretty much. Really can’t afford to wait another year though so hopefully there’s some movement

• Care
I called and she said it’s an accepted waitlist pretty much. Really can’t afford to wait another year though so hopefully there’s some movement
I really don't think you're going to have to. The letter wouldn't have been phrased that way if there were any doubt they'd have a spot for you. You just have to be patient (even though that's hard).

For all those APS - there is an extremely high chance you will come off of it. Usually those who are APS in late spring/summer will likely have to wait a year.

I really don't think you're going to have to. The letter wouldn't have been phrased that way if there were any doubt they'd have a spot for you. You just have to be patient (even though that's hard).
Hahaah you can say that again! I called immediately and wanted clarification!

For all those APS - there is an extremely high chance you will come off of it. Usually those who are APS in late spring/summer will likely have to wait a year.
music to my ears! Appreciate you!

Interviewed 12/11, got the accepted pending a seat email today. Hoping I get a seat soon!

• Care
I got the email on 10/21 that said a decision regarding my status would be given on 1/22. Now I’m seeing all of these APS people who are obviously ranked ahead of me. Anyone familiar with the position I’m in and know what my chances of getting in might be? From what I understand I think i can still technically be A/R/ or WL when they contact me in January.

I got the email on 10/21 that said a decision regarding my status would be given on 1/22. Now I’m seeing all of these APS people who are obviously ranked ahead of me. Anyone familiar with the position I’m in and know what my chances of getting in might be? From what I understand I think i can still technically be A/R/ or WL when they contact me in January.
I'm one of those APS applicants, and the email I received doesn't state when/how we would be a offered a seat if one opens. I don't know if there's a ranking or order to the list of APS. BUT there is an interesting line in the email that says: "If KCOM is your top choice for medical school, I would encourage you to let us know so we can place this information in your file."

It sounds like they're asking for a Letter of Intent, and I would imagine they would take someone who is serious about attending over another person with unknown interests. But that's just my assumption.

Good luck!

When did you interview?

Kinda odd that they would wait that long, but honestly who knows how COVID has impacted the number of applicants this cycle. If you haven't already I would send an update letter of valuable information( research, work, volunteer activities, new things) to the admissions committee. With regard to people being ahead of you, one can only speculate lol, so do not let your imagination run too wild. I also think you are correct of being A/R/WL at this point, but like YNWA_Kuro said your interview date factors in too. Best of Luck!

Was accepted on Dec 18 pending an open seat. Got the call today for a seat! So definitely some seats opening up. Super excited and and happy! I emailed admissions and said ATSU was my first choice, so that may have helped.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Quick question,

Do you guys know if iPads are provided by the school or are we responsible for getting our own?

Nice!! I'm stuck at a 503-505 mcat right now. 509 would be my dream. Do you have any advice for improving CARS or B/B? Thanks!!

I was accepted here with a 504!

Incredibly difficult decision, but I withdrew my acceptance. I loved my interview day here and was VERY impressed by KCOM's opportunities, faculty, and student representatives. Best of luck to those of you still waiting to hear back. I hope this spot goes to one of you!

• Care
Nice!! I'm stuck at a 503-505 mcat right now. 509 would be my dream. Do you have any advice for improving CARS or B/B? Thanks!!
I’m on the accepted pending seat list with a 502!

I would drill down on practice questions and make note cards for B/B! I know I didn't believe in those study tactics before, but after seeing my score improve I knew those really helped me.

Best of luck, I'm sure your acceptance is on its way to you!

Quick question to all of yall,

I already made my deposit to ATSU and have signed the contract after making the deposit. Am I still able to refuse the seat if I have an offer from another school?

I understand this is such an arrogant comment and I apologize if I offend any of yall. I'm just purely curious!

II today. Complete on 12/17

Quick question to all of yall,

I already made my deposit to ATSU and have signed the contract after making the deposit. Am I still able to refuse the seat if I have an offer from another school?

I understand this is such an arrogant comment and I apologize if I offend any of yall. I'm just purely curious!
I’m pretty sure you are still able to refuse the seat and go to another school. You just lose that deposit lol, I am in the same situation as you!

I’m pretty sure you are still able to refuse the seat and go to another school. You just lose that deposit lol, I am in the same situation as you!
Thank you so much for the input. I'm still super grateful for the seat that was offered at ATSU and love everything about the school, but I received an II from another school today that I'm also interested in. Very conflicted now lol