2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance. It was tough because I was really excited for the clinical opportunities in Detroit. Hoping it goes to one of yall

Reactions: 6 users
A lil' late to the game but was accepted off the Waitlist last Saturday...still extremely numb about it because it's the first A of the cycle but it's slowly starting to hit me! To say that the whole process was crazy tough would be the biggest understatement of the century. LOL I literally made an SDN account just now to tell my fellow Waitlist crew that ya'll are amazingly strong and to hang in there just a while longer!
GPA: 3.9
MCAT: 516
OOS
Interviewed: Early February

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I'm wondering how we are feeling in terms of the waitlist movement at WSU SOM? Should we expect a lot more acceptances off the WL? A little more? None at all?
Wish I knew. I need one acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
I recently got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist at Wayne State. I’m having a hard time deciding between them and a DO school I got accepted to that’s a 15 minute drive from my house. Does selecting plan to enroll mean you can no longer hold an acceptance at an osteopathic school? Do they communicate with ACOMAS people or is it just a separate system? Also would appreciate talking to any current/former students about the school.

Got an acceptance this morning! It was my second year applying, so I know how stressful the process is. Best of luck everyone and I hope you all gets an acceptance.
GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 519
Canadian
interviewed: early november
Congratulations! Canadian here too. LM 75.5. Waitlisted in Dec. No news yet. When were you waitlisted?

I recently got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist at Wayne State. I’m having a hard time deciding between them and a DO school I got accepted to that’s a 15 minute drive from my house. Does selecting plan to enroll mean you can no longer hold an acceptance at an osteopathic school? Do they communicate with ACOMAS people or is it just a separate system? Also would appreciate talking to any current/former students about the school.

Congratulations!! Not a current student but thought this might help in your decision making as these are questions I ask myself when I think of med school - What DO school did you get into ?
When looking at what school you want to attend: I would legit consider cost/tuition , location , what philosophy fits with you regarding allopathic vs osteopathic. Sit down and write a list (legit) and pick the one you feel resonates with you. It’s helped on most days that I’ve felt stuck on a decision . It may also help you when a current student here posts too I think they are separate apps with individual traffic guidelines but I think AMCOMAS also has a traffic date coming right ? Which is May 15 . not too sure about the communication part though between the two apps , but I would try figure it out soon after weighing both of the pros and cons of each school , just for the sake of prepping living purposes. Hope this helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! Canadian here too. LM 75.5. Waitlisted in Dec. No news yet. When were you waitlisted?
I was waitlisted near the end of November. Best of luck let me! Let me know if you have more questions.

Reactions: 1 users
They don’t communicate with each other. They’re entirely separate systems. I had this same question when I applied and I asked someone from admissions at one of the DO schools and they said no they can’t see any MD acceptances you have and vice versa.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now off the waitlist-- stats in sig, regular decision but interviewed in August. Barring any further waitlist movement, next stop Detroit!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted just now off the waitlist-- stats in sig, regular decision but interviewed in August. Barring any further waitlist movement, next stop Detroit!
Seeya there next year my man. Major congrats seen you in the WL support thread!

Does adcom usually check update/letter of intents when deciding who to pull off the waitlist? Sent both after my interview (11/1)and I am still on the WL. Wondering if I wrote those for nothing lol

Reactions: 1 user
Does adcom usually check update/letter of intents when deciding who to pull off the waitlist? Sent both after my interview (11/1)and I am still on the WL. Wondering if I wrote those for nothing lol
Had mine written end of March and they replied with a thank you letter the next day. Still silent and on the WL. And I thought my interview was great.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps, I got accepted on Friday morning, and I sent an update letter exactly a week before. I interviewed on February 10th, and had been on the waitlist since March

Sent a letter of intent in February. WL since sept and silence since. Surprised they sent you a thank you letter afterwards. Did you update via email?

Sent a letter of intent in February. WL since sept and silence since. Surprised they sent you a thank you letter afterwards. Did you update via email?
Both through portal and email.

Hi! I was recently accepted off the WL. My undergrad institution isn’t accepting any mail order transcript requests right now because of COVID, so my only option is electronic delivery. Has anyone talked to the admissions office about sending their transcripts electronically? If so, can you PM me with the details? Thanks! :)

Edit: All figured out!

Last edited:
JUST ACCEPTED! The whole thing feels like a dream. My cycle is finally over!

Reactions: 15 users
Ive tried calling wayne a few times and it says they are closed. I'm also trying to figure out the same transcript situation of sending them electronically. Please if anyone knows what to do pm me lol.

Ive tried calling wayne a few times and it says they are closed. I'm also trying to figure out the same transcript situation of sending them electronically. Please if anyone knows what to do pm me lol.
You can have your institution email them your transcript (they accept electronically as well)

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Waitlisted on 10/17, update letter 2/8. Will most likely be withdrawing, best of luck to everyone :D

Reactions: 8 users
If it helps, I got accepted on Friday morning, and I sent an update letter exactly a week before. I interviewed on February 10th, and had been on the waitlist since March
Did you send the update letter through the portal or by email?

Accepted off the waitlist not even 10 minutes ago, but I will be withdrawing.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Canadian. LM 75.5.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted off the waitlist today as well. OOS, Interviewed December, Waitlisted March. I am having trouble finding information about deposits. Does anybody know where I could find that information or what the deposit is?

I see some of you are withdrawing right after getting an acceptance here which is great considering a lot of people are still holding multiple acceptances. But, did any of you consider withdrawing your waitlist position? I think withdrawing acceptance after getting off the waitlist still lengthens the whole process since they have to review some applications again to replace your seat. Waiting feels terrible no matter how positive we try to stay.

I see some of you are withdrawing right after getting an acceptance here which is great considering a lot of people are still holding multiple acceptances. But, did any of you consider withdrawing your waitlist position? I think withdrawing acceptance after getting off the waitlist still lengthens the whole process since they have to review some applications again to replace your seat. Waiting feels terrible no matter how positive we try to stay.
agreed.. I am glad people are quick with their decisions, but it still is lengthening this process since there are so many waitlisted folks :(

Accepted off the waitlist today as well. OOS, Interviewed December, Waitlisted March. I am having trouble finding information about deposits. Does anybody know where I could find that information or what the deposit is?

Wayne doesn't have a deposit, not sure if this is different if you are accepted off WL though

do i just email mdadmissions email to withdraw off the WL? i cant find any info on their website on how to withdraw my app.

do i just email mdadmissions email to withdraw off the WL? i cant find any info on their website on how to withdraw my app.

Yes , I think you do just email them since it’s not in the applicant portal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would update their interview tracker so we can see how many acceptances have been given out. I am really curious

Is being in the alternate category the same as being on the waitlist at this school?

Is being in the alternate category the same as being on the waitlist at this school?
I believe they are synonymous. The email I got in March said I had been placed in the "Alternate Category", and my portal status says "You have been selected for the Waitlist".

Thank you for the clarification. I didn't realize this since most other schools do. Is this a well known fact?

I was accepted back in December and am currently CTE'd there and didn't have to pay a deposit

Canadian applicant here! Just sent in a letter of intent after getting the big R from Ontario. This may also add some more movement in the future, wishing everyone the best!

Accepted off the waitlist last night! :D Interviewed in September, WL in October.

It's been one heck of a year. Interviewed at one school, WL at that same school for 8 months, and clinging to the hope of being accepted but living in uncertainty. I promise to everyone that is in this same position that it'll be worth it in the end. All it takes is one interview and one acceptance. For anyone reading this who has yet to get any acceptances, keep hope but also be prepared to reapply. It was right when I accepted my fate for what it was and prepared to reapply that I got hit with the A! Keep your heads up, you will all make it soon enough!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Does anyone know how the unranked waitlist works at Wayne State? Is there a process to how the applicants are accepted off the waitlist?

Fellow EDP WLers, as we reach the 229th day since placed on the wait list at Wayne, do we assume that they will not be accepting anyone from EDP off the WL?

Does anyone have any insight on this? Has anyone contacted them and inquired about this?

Does anyone know how the unranked waitlist works at Wayne State? Is there a process to how the applicants are accepted off the waitlist?
They claim the list is untiered and unranked and that it's not possible for them to "chance you". I'm not sure how you can pull people off the waitlist without some sort of ranking or metric, but if there is one, they don't tell us. I wish I knew one way or the other so that I could move on and put it behind me.

Can anyone speak about this? Pediatricians from WSU not being able to practice at DMC?

Also, WSU/DMC neurosurgery residency losing accreditation? Has this changed?

Canadian applicant here! Just sent in a letter of intent after getting the big R from Ontario. This may also add some more movement in the future, wishing everyone the best!
I feel for you! Canadian here too. I applied to Ontario schools for 2 years. With a LM 75.5, more than 10 journal publications, tons of volunteering, doctor shadowing, hospital internship, Some leadership positions. Rejected by all Ontario schools for 2 years. Wish you the best!

Reactions: 1 users
Fellow EDP WLers, as we reach the 229th day since placed on the wait list at Wayne, do we assume that they will not be accepting anyone from EDP off the WL?

Does anyone have any insight on this? Has anyone contacted them and inquired about this?

Nope but it would be cool if someone did