2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So in all likelihood, there's probably not going to be any more movement, right? That seems to be the general consensus here :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Well it's been nice knowing y'all. Best of luck in this fresh app cycle. Hopefully we don't find ourselves slowly dying on a WL again

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still Waiting GIF by The Office
for that R

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
looks like there are actually 311 in the incoming class. we got assigned our learning communities today and I can see the names of everyone in the class.

Reactions: 5 users
Ngl, my relationship with Wayne has been so toxic. I've been left on read, ghosted for months at a time, and emotionally abused. It's time to have the talk...

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Finally caught that R after 259 days on the wait list. Best of luck to everyone out there!

Finally got the R! Lol the day after I received the new secondary for the 2022 cycle.

Finally got the R after 6+ months of being on the WL.

Did I see this coming? Yes. Am I sad? Also yes. Looks like I'm officially going to be a reapplicant. If anyone else is also reapplying, see y'all on the 2021-2022 thread!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys really fostered a great environment during the cycle, and thank you all for that. Although it seems like I will face a reapp, it’s been great talking to yall. Good luck ❤️

Also R after 6 months.

I’ve never posted on SDN but have always felt connected to everyone here. The wait, R and this whole process have been disheartening, but y’all made it more tolerable. Thank you for keeping me company. I will be saying goodbye to med, but I will continue to cheer on all of you! <3

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Also caught the R off the waitlist, even after doing Wayne’s BMS program. Fortunately was accepted to another MD program this cycle and feel happy to be moving on from WSU. Good luck to all of the reapplicants, hang in there❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Got R yesterday. Good luck and thank you everyone to share information. Those who have acceptance from somewhere else enjoy that and give your full effort. Those who are reapplying best of luck in your applications, have a belief in yourself and apply at as many places as possible including DO schools.

My daughter got a DO school acceptance and is excited about it

If you got rejected this week, I feel for you! But don't be discouraged. If becoming a physician is what you want in life, apply this coming cycle! Yeah it sucks not getting in (it certainly did for me the first time), but this dream is achievable. Figure out what you can improve and practice (MCAT scores, medical experiences, the interview etc.) and show how you've grown and persevered. This kind of message was said to me last cycle and it helped me get through a rough year of WLs turning into rejections. Best wishes to all of you.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been on the WSUSOM SDN thread for the past 3 years. After a few unsuccessful application cycles, I completed the cycle with 6 interviews and 5 acceptances. Be kind to yourself. Know you are worth it. Work hard on improving the weakest aspect of your application. Everything else will fall into place. The wait was worth it bc I start at WSUSOM this week

• Love
when are all the WL’s dropped? I thought WSUSOM started today yet I am still on their WL

Today is our first day at Wayne. Turns out we have like 305 in the class but those extra names to get up to 311 included at least one oral surgeon starting residency