2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received secondary after 8 days (it was during the school holiday). Have you checked your spam folder?
I've been checking my spam folder, and it hasn't shown up there. I only received one email the day after I submitted the primary that was really garbled with a ton of "Â Â Â Â Â Â Â" characters, information telling me that they'd send a secondary invite later, and no link to any secondary application. After that, no more emails.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been checking my spam folder, and it hasn't shown up there. I only received one email the day after I submitted the primary that was really garbled with a ton of "Â Â Â Â Â Â Â" characters, information telling me that they'd send a secondary invite later, and no link to any secondary application. After that, no more emails.
I was going to send you the email I received from the school after submitting AACOMAS but I can't send you direct message.

I just got an email that linked me directly to the secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can call them up and ask. However, they do accept two science letters and a DO/MD letter in lieu of the committee letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Embarrassingly, yes cause I am shocked I got an interview with my crappy scores. So was curious if it was just a fluke!

Stats don't describe the entire picture of your application. People can have lower stats, but have a strong narrative and story behind them that pushes them to the front for an II. There's a reason why the WAMC threads ask for EC's, and other aspects besides stats, because they also play a significant role in the admissions process. Plenty of 4.0/520+ applicants have to re-apply because they have nothing else that makes them unique besides their stats.

Stats don't describe the entire picture of your application. People can have lower stats, but have a strong narrative and story behind them that pushes them to the front for an II. There's a reason why the WAMC threads ask for EC's, and other aspects besides stats, because they also play a significant role in the admissions process. Plenty of 4.0/520+ applicants have to re-apply because they have nothing else that makes them unique besides their stats.
Thank you for that!! I'm pretty hard on myself considering my low MCAT. BTW, love your quote at the bottom LOL!

• Love
Thank you for that!! I'm pretty hard on myself considering my low MCAT. BTW, love your quote at the bottom LOL!

Of course! Never doubt your self-worth. If the admissions committee deemed you worthy of an interview, you certainly deserve to be there as much as any other person does. :)

Also, thank you!! Haha, I’m sure most of us vibe with that quote lol.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly think that ONE of the reasons why I was interviewed early was because I paid the hefty secondary fee ($200). I know that a lot of prospective students don't agree with that price, which is why they don't end up applying to TouroCOM. My stats were not great (EC's are slightly better than average pre-med), so I was shocked that I got an interview early.

• Love
I honestly think that ONE of the reasons why I was interviewed early was because I paid the hefty secondary fee ($200). I know that a lot of prospective students don't agree with that price, which is why they don't end up applying to TouroCOM. My stats were not great (EC's are slightly better than average pre-med), so I was shocked that I got an interview early.
You’re selling yourself short. Every applicant that would be eligible to interview paid the $200 fee. It was other things about your application that earned you the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Had my interview. :) Anyone who interviewed today on 11/25, feel free to PM me to chat. It was also nice meeting you guys.

On average, how long after completion did you all get interview invites?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Complete 8/14, Interview invitation 9/10, II 10/30, Acceptance 11/14

I’m guessing now is a busier season though so I’ll have to wait longer, right?

I called yesterday and spoke with the director of admissions. They said that now is pretty slow because of the holiday season. Nothing much is happening.

I called yesterday and spoke with the director of admissions. They said that now is pretty slow because of the holiday season. Nothing much is happening.

As in they’re not looking at as many applications at the moment?

Never have I wanted a break to be over faster than this. Lmao.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing tomorrow (LM 70, Submitted 8/22) A little nervous about the 2:1 format

Interviewing tomorrow (LM 70, Submitted 8/22) A little nervous about the 2:1 format
Agreed with the above! They are all very nice. Just be you. Interview is actually very short!

Congrats to all! Anxiously hoping to join y’all (with an interview, haha).

Last edited:
Anyone have trouble submitting their archived AP scores? I'm suprised Touro NY wants these scores when they're on my transcript.

Anyone have trouble submitting their archived AP scores? I'm suprised Touro NY wants these scores when they're on my transcript.
Yes...do you know what their college code is? Did you request for the scores to be sent directly to Touro or to your house and you'll scan + send to Touro?

Yes...do you know what their college code is? Did you request for the scores to be sent directly to Touro or to your house and you'll scan + send to Touro?

There's no code - you have to email or mail it. If your AP scores have been archived like mine, you'll need to fax to college board a request to release your AP scores. The processing takes a long time so you'll have to wait a few weeks. On the request form, you need to write the address of admissions so that a copy of your scores can be mailed there. If your scores have not been archived, then I think you can take a screenshot of the scores from your college board account and email it to admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
II Monday morning!! Canadian, Complete 8/22

Is the deadline for secondary submissions over or when is it??

Thank you! LazzyM 68.5
I picked Feb 10, but Feb 3 and 5 were also available.

Just withdrew my acceptance after a lot of contemplation. Good luck everyone :)