2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. I really don’t want to reach back out to my letter writers about this. What should we do

got this too... I thought they had signed the letters, but I guess not? I think I'm going to email them and hope they can resubmit it quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

Same. I really don’t want to reach back out to my letter writers about this. What should we do
ugh I texted the doctor I shadowed (had her number) and the message didn't even deliver. When i contacted the admissions office to ask if there are alternatives because I already have the on file with AACOMAS and I am unable to reach the physician, the guy just goes there are no alternatives. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. Do any of you know if TouroCOM accepts other courses for behavioral science other than psychology, sociology, and anthropology. I have a course that was assigned as a behavioral science course and do not want to spend $200 to find out that I don't meet the prereq. Thank you.

How long did it take you guys to get a complete email? I sent in my secondary and finished the e-app on the 15th :(

EDIT: I got the complete email on 8/21! Keep the faith, peeps!

Last edited:
How long did it take you guys to get a complete email? I sent in my secondary and finished the e-app on the 15th :(
Submitted mine on 8/9 and got the complete email on 8/12, so you're fine! The app volume has probably just picked up over the past few days.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I submitted my primary July 30 and haven’t received a secondary. Should I contact someone? My stats are higher than any screen I’m assuming.

Hey guys, I submitted my primary July 30 and haven’t received a secondary. Should I contact someone? My stats are higher than any screen I’m assuming.

Hey gatorgood. I submitted around the same time and called them last Thursday. They pretty much told me I just have to wait cause they're still sending out secondaries to those who submitted earlier. Hope this helps.

Hey gatorgood. I submitted around the same time and called them last Thursday. They pretty much told me I just have to wait cause they're still sending out secondaries to those who submitted earlier. Hope this helps.
Thanks bro, appreciate it. I know the school is very competitive due to load of applicants but I have really good stats and am hoping to live in NYC due to family and significant other. Really hoping this school gives me some love, I’m speaking it into existence.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone have trouble uploading their personal statement document to the secondary website? I think my file might be bigger than the limit but I have no idea how...

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Butttt I don’t know if I can make any of these dates..should I email admissions?

Could someone please post the secondary questions? Thanks.

Could someone please post the secondary questions? Thanks.

Hey Oorham. Here is the prompt.

Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few of the following areas: a) Why Osteopathic Medicine? b) Have you been exposed to a diverse environment and how did you contribute? c) How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? or d) How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?

Hey Oorham. Here is the prompt.

Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few of the following areas: a) Why Osteopathic Medicine? b) Have you been exposed to a diverse environment and how did you contribute? c) How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? or d) How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?
Thank you very much :)

giving up my II but i still want to visit nyc hope one of you guys gets it! good luck y’all

Just got an II!!!
I'm confused lol; I got

"Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Supplemental Application and Personal Essay...Please note, TouroCOM-NY will begin inviting applicants for interviews in mid-September."

?

I'm confused lol; I got

"Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Supplemental Application and Personal Essay...Please note, TouroCOM-NY will begin inviting applicants for interviews in mid-September."

?

Yea that's just simply not true. They already started sending II's out so you could get one any day now!

Could any current OMS discuss the general curriculum at this school? (Is pt interaction limited to osces? Whether flipped classrooms are effective, opportunities for research, comlex II resources) One of the reasons I applied is for the urban environment but would love to learn more about the school itself before my actual interview. Thanks!

Does anyone know how many students who receive an interview ultimately get accepted? Also how big the incoming class size is and how many people usually apply? Thanks!

the $200 for the secondary fee has to be a mistake...that's ridiculous

Hello, I am confused on how to list the recommenders? I clicked the "Recommendation" tab and this is what I have when I select recommender list, there is no option to input anything?

--also posted this in the middletown post

Last edited:
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary from this school? Verified 7/2. Should I contact the school or continue to patiently wait? Thank you!

II, OOS, LM 64, Complete 8/14. Very excited about this one!

II today! (got it via email)

I wasn’t marked complete until last week. This wait shall be grrreatttt

Congrats!! I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but did you get an II via an email or through the portal?
I got the invite through an email notification! Didn't have to check the portal.

I think almost everyone gets the secondary as it is a nice extra income for them ($200 per student!). I never heard that they screen heavily for secondaries although I would be happy if someone can prove me wrong!
I"ll prove you wrong. Complete June 24, still no secondary on my end lol

For those that interviewed this past Monday and Wednesday, how was your experience?

Reactions: 2 users
II on Monday, just getting here now to report! If anyone's interviewing on 11/6, see you there :)