2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have an idea when secondaries come out?

Anybody have an idea when secondaries come out?
I emailed the Office of admissions regarding something else, but they included a FYI that secondary apps are sent out mid-August

just got an email saying my app was received and that secondaries will be sent out on an ongoing basis starting mid-august

I never thought about this but now I'm wondering...this school says they accept a committee letter that includes 2 science professors. Does a letter from my chem LAB professor count as a science letter? I can call and ask but thought I'd ask here first.

Does Touro send out secondaries if I haven't taken my Casper yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the chances of II after a secondary? I read somewhere the chances are pretty high since the Touros screen heavily for secondaries.

if you took casper for another school earlier this past month, can I send out those scores?

Also what are we supposed to put for the recommendations tab if your LOR are being sent out by aacomas?

where does it say the fee? i just got my secondary this morning

Am i understanding correctly that you have to write another personal statement aside from the one you submitted to AACOMAS. I know thats what it says on the secondary but that just seems bizarre.

Am i understanding correctly that you have to write another personal statement aside from the one you submitted to AACOMAS. I know thats what it says on the secondary but that just seems bizarre.
Yes, one page, I revamped mine from last year

It's not allowing me to write my personal statement in the space provided on the supplemental application. Can I just write it on a new word document?

I guess as long as you attach it back to the original document. Their instructions are pretty clear that they do not want you to upload ANY documents on the e-application and ONLY submit the secondary via e-mail with NO additional documentation.

It's not allowing me to write my personal statement in the space provided on the supplemental application. Can I just write it on a new word document?

Export it as a PDF and add a text box in Acrobat

if you took casper for another school earlier this past month, can I send out those scores?
Yeap, go top your previous tests on the CASPer site and add schools for a fee.

I called admissions and they sent me an updated document, apparently there was a problem with the original.

Just to get this clear, everyone created an account and then received a PIN correct? Just wondering cause all my secondaries from other schools gave us an account.

Just to get this clear, everyone created an account and then received a PIN correct? Just wondering cause all my secondaries from other schools gave us an account.

yes you're on the right track.

i don't really have a preference bw middletown vs harlem. which one would be a better option or is it the same?

i don't really have a preference bw middletown vs harlem. which one would be a better option or is it the same?
I was wondering if one spot is more competitive than the other.

Does anyone know the chances of II after a secondary? I read somewhere the chances are pretty high since the Touros screen heavily for secondaries.
I think almost everyone gets the secondary as it is a nice extra income for them ($200 per student!). I never heard that they screen heavily for secondaries although I would be happy if someone can prove me wrong!

I think almost everyone gets the secondary as it is a nice extra income for them ($200 per student!). I never heard that they screen heavily for secondaries although I would be happy if someone can prove me wrong!

I guess we can ask if anyone did not receive a secondary after sending in their primary.

Secondary sent 08/08/2019 - if offered a II I will share my stats!

I think I'm confused about what to do with LOR... if they're all on ACCOMAS and being sent electronically what exactly am I supposed to do? the electronic form they ask you to fill out seems like a request to the letter writer themselves.

I think I'm confused about what to do with LOR... if they're all on ACCOMAS and being sent electronically what exactly am I supposed to do? the electronic form they ask you to fill out seems like a request to the letter writer themselves.

Hi Bgro - I'll help you out.

• Since we rely on the recommendations that had been sent to AACOMAS or Interfolio etc., in the LOR section, just add the names, list the letter as being delivered offline, save and proceed. Any recommendation received on the e-application will not be reviewed.
Just list the names of the LORs that fulfill the requirement

Also, make sure you didn't upload your transcripts or any documentation to the electronic secondary
  • You are not required to submit your immunizations or official transcripts at this time, please do not submit any paperwork unless you have been requested to do so.

Straight from the downloaded supplemental application
  1. Although the ApplyYourself e-application will have prompts to upload various documents (e.g., a resume, immunization forms, unofficial transcripts), do not upload these documents or any other document to the e-application.​

I spent like the last 4 hours researching everything this school had to offer (prefer Middletown) and reviewed my application about 50 times to make sure I followed the directions. Before downloading the supplemental app, I uploaded all my transcripts and my resume and then deleted them. I can say this school is now one of my top choices just due to the sheer amount of time I spent on this app. :bang:

Edit: Not to mention I now have an updated resume

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent like the last 4 hours researching everything this school had to offer (prefer Middletown) and reviewed my application about 50 times to make sure I followed the directions. Before downloading the supplemental app, I uploaded all my transcripts and my resume and then deleted them. I can say this school is now one of my top choices just due to the sheer amount of time I spent on this app. :bang:

I did too. It took me a while to read through the directions thoroughly because it wasn't intuative. Hopefully got everything covered and emailed the supplemental correctly. Did anyone else have a problem getting the essay into the supplemental document? I had to convert the file, enter the information around the macros, and then convert it back to doc.

"TouroCOM-NY will begin inviting applicants for interviews in mid-September"

This wait is going to be TORTUOUS

Anyone else getting these emails about people having problems writing the essay Lol. I saved as pdf after filling in all the information and used adobe acrobat pro to edit the pdf and type my essay. Acrobat pro is available 7 day
Free trial.

Do we have to send back the supplemental as a word doc? they say to save it as a PDF to preserve your answers, does that mean I can send it as a PDF too?

Does anyone know, is it particularly beneficial to put "BOTH - Prefer Harlem" on the secondary form, instead of just "Harlem ONLY"? I'm wondering because I do prefer Harlem, but if I didn't have a chance at Harlem, I would not mind being considered for Middletown.

Does anyone know, is it particularly beneficial to put "BOTH - Prefer Harlem" on the secondary form, instead of just "Harlem ONLY"? I'm wondering because I do prefer Harlem, but if I didn't have a chance at Harlem, I would not mind being considered for Middletown.

I imagine selecting Both - Prefer Harlem is the logical choice!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else’s application go on hold because their physicians letter on stationary not have a signature? Like I have not had this problem with literally any other app

Did anyone else’s application go on hold because their physicians letter on stationary not have a signature? Like I have not had this problem with literally any other app

Same. I really don’t want to reach back out to my letter writers about this. What should we do