2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they have student housing for the interview?
I don't believe they do, but I remember they included information about a couple hotels nearby you could stay at!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today.
They were waiting for my AP scores to be sent through the mail from college board. I think it got lost in the mail but luckily I got mailed a copy too. When I scanned it and sent it to admissions, they sent me an II before marking my application as complete.

II today.
They were waiting for my AP scores to be sent through the mail from college board. I think it got lost in the mail but luckily I got mailed a copy too. When I scanned it and sent it to admissions, they sent me an II before marking my application as complete.
Just heard back and accepted! Interviewed on December 4th! OOS from NJ
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, are you URM?

Does Touro accept update letters?

Accepted! Interviewed 12/11, heard back yesterday.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
anyone been to an open house here?

II today.

Did the school contact you to send your AP scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school often pull a significant number of students from the wait list?

For those who interviewed, how did they address their low COMLEX pass rates?

For those who interviewed, how did they address their low COMLEX pass rates?
Well they mostly talked about their level 1 rates, which are above the national average, and then their general upwards trend since the school opening. Not a peep about level 2 and 3 tho :pompous:

Does anyone have any specific dates for orientation yet? Trying to figure out when to wrap up my gap year job and move into an apartment but don't want to cut it too close - Late July/Early August is a little vague :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any specific dates for orientation yet? Trying to figure out when to wrap up my gap year job and move into an apartment but don't want to cut it too close - Late July/Early August is a little vague :rolleyes:
from my understanding they said last week of July is orientation. First day of classes is aug 1.

I thought I saw something with 7/20 as the first day of class. Has anyone gotten any info on any Facebook groups or other info RE housing leads?

Do they serve breakfast at the interview?
also if anyone has advice/tips for interview, send them my way :) I am interviewing tomorrow!

There are a few things out for breakfast, nothing too heavy. Know your app and expect that they’ve read it front to back. Be genuine when you answer their questions and ask plenty of your own. Good luck!

I thought I saw something with 7/20 as the first day of class. Has anyone gotten any info on any Facebook groups or other info RE housing leads?

No info, I’m looking into 1/BR apartments cause I’m moving in with my BF. Started looking on Loftey and Zillow.

Random question - is there a reason why Touro does the white coat ceremony after the 2 year mark vs other medical schools do it in the beginning of 1st year? I know that this makes no difference in education, but found it a little weird?
I'm pretty sure they do a white coat ceremony before 1st year starts as well

Last edited:
Accepted!! Thank ya Jesus
Secondary completed Dec 10th - Interviewed Dec 18th - sent my Casper scores Dec 31st - Waitlisted January 21st - accepted Feb 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! Thank ya Jesus
Secondary completed Dec 10th - Interviewed Dec 18th - sent my Casper scores Dec 31st - Waitlisted January 21st - accepted Feb 4th.

Whaaat they started pulling from the waitlist? Congrats!

Do you mind sharing stats?
Sure.

Gpa: 3.79 - undergrad only, SMP not accounted for

SMP: one year program at a Medical School (+/-) gpa: 3.6 (all science)

sgpa: 3.02 - undergrad only, SMP not accounted for- (well explained in my application)

mcat: 498, 497 and 507 - last one Taken rather later in August- (125, 123, 129,130)

Sure.

Gpa: 3.79 - undergrad only, SMP not accounted for

SMP: one year program at a Medical School (+/-) gpa: 3.6 (all science)

sgpa: 3.02 - undergrad only, SMP not accounted for- (well explained in my application)

mcat: 498, 497 and 507 - last one Taken rather later in August- (125, 123, 129,130)
Awesome, thank you and congrats on your acceptance!

Secondary complete email 11/11. No news since. Is it time for an update letter? Is the school receptive to that? (MCAT 507+/ GPA 3.5+)

Interviewing here in March, would that be for a waitlist spot at this point?

Anyone heard back from them recently after an interview? It's been pretty quiet for a while

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? It has been a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed Jan 29th, waiting to hear still. They said 4-6 weeks though.

This might be too late to ask this, but I honestly don't remember the answer. If you apply to Harlem, is there a way to also get considered at Middletown?

So, when you first applied and sent in your secondary, part of that secondary included a check box you needed to fill. If I remember this correctly, you could have chosen to be considered at Harlem, and then have a secondary review at Middletown should Harlem have not been interested.
Okay, so when exactly does Middletown do this secondary review? Especially if I have not received a rejection from Harlem yet?

Besides the fact that it's ranked and they start in May, does anyone have insight on how many students get pulled off the WL?