2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let me talk with my classmates to see what is going on.
Last year, we had a pretty sizable FB group by this time.
Right now there's about 18 of us in the Facebook group. I believe someone posted the link a few weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Right now there's about 18 of us in the Facebook group. I believe someone posted the link a few weeks ago.

Yea I saw that as well. I don't think the admin is a pcom student as I noticed he was also the admin at other school pages I've been accepted to. Weird.

A new page is probably best so new students can be continuously added in a timely manner and start planning living arrangements/potential roommates.

Reactions: 1 users

This is the official facebook group made by first years. Please join if you have been accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a II yesterday, questions:
fellow applicants - what's the interview like? (chill, stressful, etc)
current students - what's one pro and one con you have about the school? Tbh I didn't know a whole lot while applying so trying to get a sense of what the environment is like from a student's perspective aside from the mandatory classes which is all I seem to be picking up from this thread (which is a con for me unfortunately)
(also stats in case anyone's wondering are 3.0 uGPA/3.95 SMP, & 504, and I applied way back in August)

Got a II yesterday, questions:
fellow applicants - what's the interview like? (chill, stressful, etc)
current students - what's one pro and one con you have about the school? Tbh I didn't know a whole lot while applying so trying to get a sense of what the environment is like from a student's perspective aside from the mandatory classes which is all I seem to be picking up from this thread (which is a con for me unfortunately)
(also stats in case anyone's wondering are 3.0 uGPA/3.95 SMP, & 504, and I applied way back in August)
The interview is closed filed with two interviewers. This, I feel, made it feel less stressful because it was not one single person grilling me with questions. The interviewers often played off each other's questions and your answers, so it made it feel very conversational and as if I had more control on where to guide the tone of the interview. As for the rest of the day, be prepared to do a lot of waiting.

got that fb group up for u guys

Any chance for an II at this point?
Well I have heard that they interview through MARCH, which means probably...... keep your head up and do not let anything discourage you at this point.

Well I have heard that they interview through MARCH, which means probably...... keep your head up and do not let anything discourage you at this point.
They interview through March, but doesn't that mean that the invites should have gone out by now or at least by next week?

I got waitlisted about a month ago, but I'll be withdrawing my application due to a recent acceptance from PCOM South Georgia.

Best of luck everyone!

Imma be a doctor yall!! Just got accepted after being put on the waitlist 2 weeks ago. Didn't think waitlist movement would happen this soon but I'm very happy it did haha. Besides paying the $250 deposit now and the $1500 by April 15th, is there anything else I need to do to hold my seat?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Imma be a doctor yall!! Just got accepted after being put on the waitlist 2 weeks ago. Didn't think waitlist movement would happen this soon but I'm very happy it did haha. Besides paying the $250 deposit now and the $1500 by April 15th, is there anything else I need to do to hold my seat?
How did you find out? Your portal changed?

Make sure you sign and submit the technical standards document

I noticed my portal change while I was working and when I went home I found the acceptance letter in my mail box!
Interesting. So my portal changed from “thank you for your interest” to the old stuff that was there when we all first applied. Does that mean I’m done? I don’t see any link for deposit nor I received any letter yet. :(

Does PCOM-GA have any kind of second look day?
Not really. There is an accepted student day in June/July. Mostly just an luncheon where you meet future classmates. Suggest going to it if you are unsure if you want to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Not really. There is an accepted student day in June/July. Mostly just an luncheon where you meet future classmates. Suggest going to it if you are unsure if you want to go.

Gotcha, thanks! Seems like that cuts it pretty close to start date though if someone is going to use it to help hem decide lol

Have they stopped sending out interview invites?
I thought they would interview until April according to some people here. So I guess I would lose hope after April if I were you. Just my opinion. Good luck bro!

So I got put on hold 2 weeks after my Jan 31 interview for fall semester grades and haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone else experienced this and is this usually a good thing. What should I expect and should I call admissions ?

Hi i might apply here next cycle. can someone tell me what the secondary question was for you guys? thanks!

Looks like the Coronavirus eased up the mandatory attendance for this school at-least for the time being.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone interviewing next week who’s flying in? What are you guys doing? I’m pretty worried about flying but as of now they don’t have any alternate options..

Waitlisted on 1/18. Anyone else on the waitlist boat and have any of you guys heard back yet? It's a weird spot to be in. I wish there was more I could do but they state they only want grade or mcat updates...
Waitlist is still a good spot to be in. This waitlist does move so don't lose hope, many of my classmates came off the list. There is some movement prior, but bigger moves start happening after commitment dates as people release seats at that time which I think is the beginning of may.

Not everyone is posting on this thread. So there could be people getting accepted and denied, but I would def say the majority of people are being waitlisted. So sad
Its also common this time of year as classes are full so they can only offer waitlist spots until current seat holders change their mind.

Its also common this time of year as classes are full so they can only offer waitlist spots until current seat holders change their mind.
So are there some people that get accepted or do all get waitlisted at this point?

So are there some people that get accepted or do all get waitlisted at this point?
I can't tell you anything for sure since I'm just a student, but it probably depends if someone dropped their spot at the time they are reviewing applications after that interview date. I'm sure some are being accepted immediately still, it's just a matter of luck/timing probably.

Anyone interviewing next week who’s flying in? What are you guys doing? I’m pretty worried about flying but as of now they don’t have any alternate options..
I flew in for my interview recently so I can understand your concern of flying in the peak of coronavirus outbreak. My advice is to bring with you extra masks, alcohol wipes, alcohol sanitizers and snacks. I wore my mask on the entire flight even though some people didn't care, only 5-6 people on my flights did. The air in airplanes is recirculated so you can get the virus even if you don't sit next to someone who's sick. I tried to eat as quickly as I can at the boarding gate. Bring snacks because I don't know whether stores and restaurants will be closed during national emergency. It is raining in Atlanta right now so bring a rain jacket and some boots. However, you will not have to step out of the building on interview day so you do not need to bring your jacket to the interview. The interviewers will not shake your hands and some will let you know that when you walk in. If you have any question, message me

I can't tell you anything for sure since I'm just a student, but it probably depends if someone dropped their spot at the time they are reviewing applications after that interview date. I'm sure some are being accepted immediately still, it's just a matter of luck/timing probably.
Thank you for giving us hope. Do you know how many seats are expected to be filled, whether class size will increase this year?

Thank you for giving us hope. Do you know how many seats are expected to be filled, whether class size will increase this year?
At this point, I imagine all seats are full just a matter of people keeping their seats. We seat 135-140 in the first year class. Space is limited so that isn't going to increase.

I flew in for my interview recently so I can understand your concern of flying in the peak of coronavirus outbreak. My advice is to bring with you extra masks, alcohol wipes, alcohol sanitizers and snacks. I wore my mask on the entire flight even though some people didn't care, only 5-6 people on my flights did. The air in airplanes is recirculated so you can get the virus even if you don't sit next to someone who's sick. I tried to eat as quickly as I can at the boarding gate. Bring snacks because I don't know whether stores and restaurants will be closed during national emergency. It is raining in Atlanta right now so bring a rain jacket and some boots. However, you will not have to step out of the building on interview day so you do not need to bring your jacket to the interview. The interviewers will not shake your hands and some will let you know that when you walk in. If you have any question, message me
Thanks! I think they’re moving to entirely online interviews now per the email I got this week so that relieves some of that stress, though I’m bummed because I wanted to see the campus

i will be releasing my seat, so hopefully it goes to one of you

I received an II on 3/16, but unfortunately it was in my spam. Did not see it until today. I found out because they sent an application withdrawal email late last night. I normally check my spam every week, but they emailed my II on 3/12, and I had not checked it recently. Just wondering about my chances now, and if anyone has experienced this or knows someone who has. I emailed and am waiting to hear back, but I am not super hopeful at this point because I know this does not look good.

I received an II on 3/16, but unfortunately it was in my spam. Did not see it until today. I found out because they sent an application withdrawal email late last night. I normally check my spam every week, but they emailed my II on 3/12, and I had not checked it recently. Just wondering about my chances now, and if anyone has experienced this or knows someone who has. I emailed and am waiting to hear back, but I am not super hopeful at this point because I know this does not look good.
Just wait for their reply. Based from what joa said, they're changing the format to online interview so I think they may be a little bit busy in replying to you right now. But hopefully, they can squeeze you in somewhere. When were you supposed to interview?

Contact them! You never know. Interviews will be virtual as we are now off campus through April. Interviews also have been having less and less people so they very well could be able to work you in.

Out of curiosity, any news on how we did on match this year?

Out of curiosity, any news on how we did on match this year?
Just talking with a second year today about that. Lack of news at least to us because of Corona mess, but the scramble is currently happening so they really wouldn't have official numbers until Friday when actual places are revealed on match numbers. I'm sure they'll get the news out as soon as they can because it'll be something happier for them to post about no matter the numbers.

sorry dumb question but for those waitlisted. Above the application summary on your portal what does it say, does it show the 4 bullet points about recommendation letter and mcat scores?