2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does PCOM-GA run a clinic where students can volunteer at? Or do students usually volunteer at clinics run by other non-profit organizations in the metro-atlanta area? I was looking online and the only official student run clinic was for the Philadelphia campus.
We are starting up a clinic actually. It's still in the works technically, but I believe they want it running this summer or the fall. They are getting the leadership and foundation set currently.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
We are starting up a clinic actually. It's still in the works technically, but I believe they want it running this summer or the fall. They are getting the leadership and foundation set currently.
Thanks! Thats really great to hear!

Reactions: 1 user

That's awesome! Also how is the cafeteria food?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! Also how is the cafeteria food?
Personally, I bring my own food, but a lot of people eat there and they say it's good. It is only breakfast and lunch and closes at 2pm, but people enjoy the food and I think price wise it isn't too bad. The salad bar is on point since it's pay by weight.

Anyone here from PCOM South GA? I need to ask a question to someone already in the program. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Waitlisted on 1/18. Anyone else on the waitlist boat and have any of you guys heard back yet? It's a weird spot to be in. I wish there was more I could do but they state they only want grade or mcat updates...

Can one of the current students start a class of 2024 facebook group? I know it's always been started by students so I didn't want to make one. Cant wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete in October and still haven’t heard anything. Is anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete in October and still haven’t heard anything. Is anyone else having this problem?
I was complete in August and haven't heard anything either for Georgia campus.

Reactions: 1 users
What you guys think about USMLE becoming a pass/fail now?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, but will be withdrawing my app!

Has anyone not heard back from any of the PCOM campuses?

Reactions: 2 users
Will be withdrawing, hope my A goes to one you all! Good luck!

Today my portal updated where there is a new box that says "Contingent", nothing in the received box and "English II" in the notes. Has anyone encountered this? Do I need to do something or will they contact me?

Today my portal updated where there is a new box that says "Contingent", nothing in the received box and "English II" in the notes. Has anyone encountered this? Do I need to do something or will they contact me?
That is their way of contacting you. You need to show grades from English II or you can not matriculate. If you have taken it be sure it is showing on your transcript. If you have not taken it yet better get on it as you will need a passing grade before classes start.

For those that interviewed on 1/31, have you heard back or have any of your portals changed?

Just withdrew my II I got yesterday. Good luck everyone!

What you guys think about USMLE becoming a pass/fail now?

No one knows exactly if this is good or bad yet as we are the guinea pigs. General consensus is to focus on step 2 and buttkissing skills.

Alexa, order some new kneepads

• Haha
No one knows exactly if this is good or bad yet as we are the guinea pigs. General consensus is to focus on step 2 and buttkissing skills.

Alexa, order some new kneepads
Guess I gotta consult my business major friends on how to properly buttkiss

• Haha
Guess I gotta consult my business major friends on how to properly buttkiss

Personally, I've learned alot from watching other scribes suck up to physicians for LoRs

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet? I got waitlisted in January and haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet? I got waitlisted in January and haven't heard anything yet.
Nope, I was waitlisted in mid January and haven't heard anything either :(

Nope, I was waitlisted in mid January and haven't heard anything either :(

Same. Mid January waitlist. I would assume there will be more movement in March when they are doing the last batch of interviews.

Same. Mid January waitlist. I would assume there will be more movement in March when they are doing the last batch of interviews.
Did you receive an email or did you just have to check your application portal? I need to call them because I have heard nothing since Oct.

Did you receive an email or did you just have to check your application portal? I need to call them because I have heard nothing since Oct.

Oh after my interview, within a week, I received the waitlist letter in the mail.

The Facebook group doesn’t seem to be active, only two people in it

Primary Submitted 9-3-19
Secondary Paid 10-18-19
Secondary Received 9-25-19
II Invite 1-28-20
Interviewed 2-10-20
WL letter dated 2-13-20
WL letter received 2-18-20

ORM
Two years out of undergrad

Interviewed 02/07/20 waitlist letter received 02/18/20.

Damn. So basically people who interview now during February and March are basically gonna be waitlisted? I see that trend going on here so that’s why I was wondering.

Damn. So basically people who interview now during February and March are basically gonna be waitlisted? I see that trend going on here so that’s why I was wondering.
Not everyone is posting on this thread. So there could be people getting accepted and denied, but I would def say the majority of people are being waitlisted. So sad

Didn’t pay in time and got my acceptance revoked! Screw DO schools

Edit: I still hope the seat goes to one of you wonderful folks but seriously **** them, no heart for the poor
Wait what?!? Oh wow I am so sorry to hear that! Best of luck on your other interviews!

The Facebook group doesn’t seem to be active, only two people in it
They've been at 2 members for months now and I don't think first years are going to make one for us. Just start a new one!

Let me talk with my classmates to see what is going on.
Last year, we had a pretty sizable FB group by this time.

Got waitlisted here but haven't lost hope! Does PCOM-GA accept letters of intent/update for waitlisted applicants? Or should I just call them to show continued interest? Any advice in the replies or my PMs would be much appreciated!

Got an interview Invite today Feb 24
I might be withdrawing my app since most people getting accepted are being waitlisted.

For those who have been waitlisted don't lose hope! Waitlist movement for most medical schools happens from March - May. Also, last cycle my friend was at orientation for another school and PCOM offered him a spot a week before classes started.