2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
3rd year student here. I'm a little more out of the application process so I'm not the best person to talk to applying specifically but if you have any questions about rotations holler if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than location, having trouble specifics to each campus. Are both programs very similar?

Reactions: 1 user
Incoming first year (Suwanee), so some limited knowledge, but I am always willing to answer questions/give advice.

Verified 6/20. FAP was accepted and letters were received today.

Verified 6/20. FAP was accepted and letters were received today.

Do you mean your AACOMAS application was verified on 6/20? or you paid your supplement application on that day?? Just curious, I received mine and submitted my payment on 7/10. No LOR received yet :/

Do we receive a supplementary app from here after submitting our AACOMAS to this school?

how many locations does PCOM have now? Do you apply to all of them separately on AACOMAS? Do they all have the same school mission?

Anyone else having the issue where you paid the secondary fee, but it doesn't show in the portal? I paid it last night and it still hasn't updated.

Anyone else having the issue where you paid the secondary fee, but it doesn't show in the portal? I paid it last night and it still hasn't updated.
Same here, but I would give it another business day and it should be updated.

Anyone know when IIs go out? PCOM did secondaries last year so that timeline might be inaccurate. All my stuff checked off 07/19

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
how many locations does PCOM have now? Do you apply to all of them separately on AACOMAS? Do they all have the same school mission?
They have three sites and separate applications for each campus

Same here, but I would give it another business day and it should be updated.
When you pay close to a weekend it can take longer since it has to be processed by the bank and then they get notified of payment and it will update on your portal.

Anyone know when IIs go out? PCOM did secondaries last year so that timeline might be inaccurate. All my stuff checked off 07/19
I'm not on campus anymore so take it with a grain of salt. Admissions interviews from September to march. Usually there is ~3-4 interviews per month either on a Monday or Friday.
Usually PCOM-GA gives out interviews 2-3 weeks before interviews so first IIs should be expected around mid August.

With that said, wouldn't worry if you don't get an interview right away. I interviewed in December and there was still a good portion of seats left. Same thing held true during the last years interview cycle. Only time I would be worried about interviewing for a waitlist spot is b/w Febuary-March.

Reactions: 2 users
Would it be wrong to use a similar answer to the community question on the PCOM Georgia app as I did for the PCOM South Georgia?

Hey y’all! Second year student here that knows a lot about admissions/campus life/curriculum/extracurricular things. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Hey y’all! Second year student here that knows a lot about admissions/campus life/curriculum/extracurricular things. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Hi - thanks for checking in! Would you mind sharing some things you like/don't like?

Good morning, how did it take to receive a secondary after submitting the primary application?

Good morning, how did it take to receive a secondary after submitting the primary application?
Hey, I submitted the primary on 7/20/19. Received secondary on 7/25/19, which is just paying the fee. Complete on 7/30/19.

I already paid the fee on 7-27 but only 2 of my faculty LORs have been verified. Is it taking this long for everyone else?

Any interview invitations yet?

Hello everyone! First year student here! I’m down to answer any questions you may have about the application cycle or even the school itself, but I’m sure the upperclassmen would be more helpful in the later category. Anyways, for those wondering, interviews seemed to have begun. My II last year was sent out on a Friday afternoon and was set for 10 days later on a Monday. I interviewed early November and it roughly 2 weeks to get the decision back. Good luck to everyone!!

Submitted my fee for their secondary app 1.5 months ago... way longer than the 15 business days. All of the other schools I've applied to have me marked complete. Should I call them or keep waiting?

Submitted my fee for their secondary app 1.5 months ago... way longer than the 15 business days. All of the other schools I've applied to have me marked complete. Should I call them or keep waiting?
Email them. It is possible your letters were not included in the primary they received and they have to pull them but they will never mark you complete. Check the portal to see if anything is missing.

Just received an II at 2 today. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Hm... maybe I should be concerned as to why I haven't received a complete email and I submitted the secondary back on July 25th. Nothing appears to be missing in my portal :shrug:

Hm... maybe I should be concerned as to why I haven't received a complete email and I submitted the secondary back on July 25th. Nothing appears to be missing in my portal :shrug:
Given the issues that I've had with receiving correspondence from PCOM, I can't say for certain, but I don't believe that I received a "complete" email. I knew that my application was complete when all the data fields for the necessary items were populated on my application portal.

Given the issues that I've had with receiving correspondence from PCOM, I can't say for certain, but I don't believe that I received a "complete" email. I knew that my application was complete when all the data fields for the necessary items were populated on my application portal.
Ah okay. Thank you for the clarification! I have had issues contacting them before, as well, so I was not looking forward to trying to find out why I had not received a complete email yet. But now, crisis averted!

Received interview invite today! File w/ all recommendation complete 8/20

If I recieved an interview invite for south ga, can I still receive an invitation for suwanne?

If I recieved an interview invite for south ga, can I still receive an invitation for suwanne?
Absolutely, separate committees at each campus. If you applied to one, two or all three and completed the apps then you can be considered for an interview at any of the campuses.