2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This website looks wierd. Whenever I login we get that message of start the application. My appl was submitted and got a confirmation email from nova. Am I looking at the wrong site.
mine looked like this too but when I clicked on “start application” it was already populated with my answers and was unable to be edited.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, interesting. I'm also OOS and was verified June 14th and submitted to Nova on like June 28th or something like that. Received my secondary on July 9th. Idk if they review your app at all before sending secondaries. Do you think you're competitive for the school? Maybe they just do it in random waves.

Yes I’m competitive for this school (LM ~69). Do you think it would be worth sending an email? I’ve checked my inbox a billion times to make sure I haven’t somehow missed it haha

Reactions: 1 user
mine looked like this too but when I clicked on “start application” it was already populated with my answers and was unable to be edited.
where to check the status I dont know. None of the other school websites are designed like this

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I’m competitive for this school (LM ~69). Do you think it would be worth sending an email? I’ve checked my inbox a billion times to make sure I haven’t somehow missed it haha

Can't really say whether that's necessary or not, but I probably would if I were you just cause I'd be wondering. It might be quicker to call them and just ask given your scenario if you likely should have received a secondary invite yet. Idk, it's possible they screen before sending the invites and you didn't receive it because you were lacking in some EC area or something but I doubt that's the case unless you don't have like the bare minimum volunteering, clinical experience, etc.

Can't really say whether that's necessary or not, but I probably would if I were you just cause I'd be wondering. It might be quicker to call them and just ask given your scenario if you likely should have received a secondary invite yet. Idk, it's possible they screen before sending the invites and you didn't receive it because you were lacking in some EC area or something but I doubt that's the case unless you don't have like the bare minimum volunteering, clinical experience, etc.
I am too OOS. LM 70-71, Good ECS. Does it make sense to call them. I dont think so. only possibilities are they didnt get to our application or they dont like our application.

II!

Complete 7/26; IS

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty crazy that they are already on 8/1! That's a fast turnaround.

when were you completed and when today did you receive the II? I have very similar score to both of you so hoping for good news soon
Complete 8/1, received interview email (in spam lol) at 9:30am PST.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 8/1 with no interview. UwU

me neither :confused: but I'm sure they'll get to us. not gonna worry until friday if I hear no news

Guys, it's August 7th. Not even a week after our applications were complete. They're probably just processing all of them, and many schools don't review applications chronologically. I wouldn't worry too much :)

Guys, it's August 7th. Not even a week after our applications were complete. They're probably just processing all of them, and many schools don't review applications chronologically. I wouldn't worry too much :)
yeah I know.... just want to know asap so I have some time to properly plan a nice weekend vacation in Ft. Lauderdale after the interview ;)

• Haha

Yeah, but it's August 7th!! That means we have 24 more days before our medical careers are over. I'm going ahead and starting my app for the 2020 cycle because my life is over!!

/s :p

• Haha
Yeah, but it's August 7th!! That means we have 24 more days before our medical careers are over. I'm going ahead and starting my app for the 2020 cycle because my life is over!!

/s :p
You captured my thoughts exactly lol

Anyone from the area or a current student can comment on the best airport to fly into? Flying from the West Coast into FLL is disgustingly expensive, and I'm trying to minimize cost as much as possible.

Where on the Nova website can you see an update of your application? All I see are my answers.

Anyone from the area or a current student can comment on the best airport to fly into? Flying from the West Coast into FLL is disgustingly expensive, and I'm trying to minimize cost as much as possible.

FLL is closest but MIA is also reasonable if you find a cheaper flight

Not sure if this is true from the west coast also, but I find that from the northeast JetBlue tends to be the best airline to fly to florida.

Where does it say if your application is under review or not?
Where does it say if your application is under review or not?
I received an email on 8/1 that my application was complete and under review... unfortunately they dont have any type of portal where this can be checked. submitted my app like 7/10 if that helps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.34.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.34.00 AM.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 205
sooo uhhh any II's from today yet? a couple went out yesterday from 8/1 completions, none today though it seems like :/

could people who got interviews share when they submitted their secondaries. Since majority got the complete email on 8/1 if they submitted sometime in july

submitted on 8/9, received complete and under review email today :)

can they pleaseeeeeee send more II's out today

Reactions: 3 users
complete 8/1 and haven't heard anything back from them yet.. I am really interested in going to this school. Do you think it would hurt my chances at the MD program if I added their DO program to my AACOMAS application?
LM 67

complete 8/1 and haven't heard anything back from them yet.. I am really interested in going to this school. Do you think it would hurt my chances at the MD program if I added their DO program to my AACOMAS application?
LM 67
No. Im doing both

No. Im doing both
Do you know if they're evaluated by completely separate committees? I understand that they are two different schools but not sure how combined their admissions process is since they are at the same campus

Do you know if they're evaluated by completely separate committees? I understand that they are two different schools but not sure how combined their admissions process is since they are at the same campus

I dont think theres frankly enough time to crosscheck applicants between schools lol. If they ask me in an interview, "I see you also applied to our osteopathic school, why is that?" The answer to that is just because I just want to be a physician lol. Considering Kiran funded both schools, he probably views them very equally. Their DO school also is nonpreferential to an MD or DO letter of rec- just need to have one. All of these small things lead me to believe its fine lol

Last edited:
Does Nova send you an email saying whether you are complete after you submit the secondary?

if anyone with an interview wants to fill this out, I'd love to add some data from Nova to the spreadsheet!

This is where I'd put my Nova II

IF I HAD ONE

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah im late to the game. This secondary is brutal and makes me wanna apply to all florida schools since I have so much down already lmao.

Anyways, how did you guys abbreviate this school? NSU, NSUKCPCAM, Nova, Kiran? Or did you write it out because no character stipulations basically

I dont think theres frankly enough time to crosscheck applicants between schools lol. If they ask me in an interview, "I see you also applied to our osteopathic school, why is that?" The answer to that is just because I just want to be a physician lol. Considering Kiran funded both schools, he probably views them very equally. Their DO school also is nonpreferential to an MD or DO letter of rec- just need to have one. All of these small things lead me to believe its fine lol
Usually you put the frankly before the sentence. **Frankly, I don’t think there’s enough time.** sorry lol

Yeah im late to the game. This secondary is brutal and makes me wanna apply to all florida schools since I have so much down already lmao.

Anyways, how did you guys abbreviate this school? NSU, NSUKCPCAM, Nova, Kiran? Or did you write it out because no character stipulations basically

Dude. Wasn’t it like 4,000 characters or something crazy like that?

submitted this beast of a secondary today god damn was i so burned out of this school's prompts