2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just turned in this brutal secondary. Hoping all the time and effort is worth it and Nova gives me that sweet II :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone still waiting for the secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my secondary application and I'm gassed. Good laws Nova. I feel like I need a week to recover from that beast.

Just submitted the secondary after getting a 2nd reminder to complete it :oops:

Jus got a second reminder email in 5 days hahaha and the subject was “second reminder”.... getting more paranoid that they’ll send an R after a certain amount of reminders or something lol am I being crazy?

Jus got a second reminder email in 5 days hahaha and the subject was “second reminder”.... getting more paranoid that they’ll send an R after a certain amount of reminders or something lol am I being crazy?

Yeah... I'm honestly cooling a little bit on this school. I am well aware of the importance of completing early, but it's still July and their secondary contains several unique questions that would require some time/effort to craft a thoughtful response.

I don't really need to be sent several REMINDER!!!! emails, it feels kind of spammy. Debating whether to even submit a secondary at this point.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah... I'm honestly cooling a little bit on this school. I am well aware of the importance of completing early, but it's still July and their secondary contains several unique questions that would require some time/effort to craft a thoughtful response.

I don't really need to be sent several REMINDER!!!! emails, it feels kind of spammy. Debating whether to even submit a secondary at this point.

yeah kinda feel the same way. I wanted to make it one of the last ones I do, but now I might either do it next or still do that knowing they might view it negatively haha

yeah kinda feel the same way. I wanted to make it one of the last ones I do, but now I might either do it next or still do that knowing they might view it negatively haha

I initially thought I'd do this one towards the end, but the more I think about it, the more I think I might be out entirely.

I just read through the admissions chaos from last cycle, and it's really concerning. Plus, it's a brand new school and tuition is north of $60K for OOS. IDK, maybe I'll change my mind a few weeks, but I can't see myself coming back to this secondary anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else applying! I'll come back and update if I get rejected after my THIRD REMINDER!!!! email.

I initially thought I'd do this one towards the end, but the more I think about it, the more I think I might be out entirely.

I just read through the admissions chaos from last cycle, and it's really concerning. Plus, it's a brand new school and tuition is north of $60K for OOS. IDK, maybe I'll change my mind a few weeks, but I can't see myself coming back to this secondary anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else applying! I'll come back and update if I get rejected after my THIRD REMINDER!!!! email.

Lmao you've gotten three now? Jeez. I'll still apply cause it's an MD school in my general region of preference that I have competitive stats for. Might as well still shoot my shot I guess. What chaos last cycle are you referring to?

Lmao you've gotten three now? Jeez. I'll still apply cause it's an MD school in my general region of preference that I have competitive stats for. Might as well still shoot my shot I guess. What chaos last cycle are you referring to?

LOL, no, only two reminders so far... but given that they came out so close to one another, I anticipate a third reminder next week.

Look at the 2018-2019 Nova thread - they still needed to fill spots after going through their first waitlist, and a bunch of people literally got un-rejected. It doesn't instill confidence in that administration, tbh. But I'm also far out of region and I have no ties to the area, so it's not a loss for me. Good luck to you!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I decided not to complete this secondary either... too many questions, probably burned out from all the ones I wrote earlier this month.
Got 2 reminders as well.
Plus, I'm now not entirely sure I'll like Florida.
Oh well.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy ****. I have lost all motivation to do this secondary. It's one of my last and it's long as hell.

For the question "do you believe you're a member of a group that's under-represented in medicine?" how much did you guys write for it?

I know the max is 4000 characters but I only wrote 400 saying what I am and why I think I am.
Do you guys think this is ok or does it look bad with only 400 characters?

Thanks and good luck to everyone else struggling through this long secondary!

Are emails being sent out to mark the app complete? Submitted secondary 7/24 and nothing

Are emails being sent out to mark the app complete? Submitted secondary 7/24 and nothing
I submitted 7/10 and never got one either. It seems like they just don't send completes or have a place where you can double check yourself

Update, they’re sending completed emails!

+8

+6, hopefully interview invites come soon... anyone know when they began to invite applicants last year?

I think 8/8 was the first last cycle.

Last edited:
+8 for completion; IS and submitted 7/19

+14 three and a half weeks after submission lol

The 4000 characters is brutal. Did y'all make them this long in general?

A few of my responses were ~3200-3500 characters. Some were fewer than that. Doesn't really matter as long as you can succinctly explain your point.

It depended on how much I could say for the prompt. Usually around 3000- 3500. Some got a little closer to 4000, others where a little below 3000. Don't BS, just write what you feel is right!

Last edited:
Save them the pain of having to read something forced. Do what feels natural. One of mine was only like 2500, but it was a good response and answered the question completely.

Does this school have instate preference? It doesn't say it does on msar

Does this school have instate preference? It doesn't say it does on msar

Per the most recent MSAR, not a significant preference.

IS:
879 Applicants, 142 Interviewed, 29 Matriculants

OOS:
1080 Applicants, 144 Interviewed, 24 Matriculants

I still haven’t received a secondary, anyone else in the same boat?
OOS, Verified in June

I still haven’t received a secondary, anyone else in the same boat?
OOS, Verified in June

Hmm, interesting. I'm also OOS and was verified June 14th and submitted to Nova on like June 28th or something like that. Received my secondary on July 9th. Idk if they review your app at all before sending secondaries. Do you think you're competitive for the school? Maybe they just do it in random waves.

II earlier today! Complete 7/13, under review 8/01, IS.

This website looks wierd. Whenever I login we get that message of start the application. My appl was submitted and got a confirmation email from nova. Am I looking at the wrong site.